SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

lunaboy wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:
1. I disagree with that, I only buy bargains for my collection but I have around 2,500 cds in my collection which 95% were gotten for bargain prices
There's a BIG difference between CDs and Vinyl.If you collected vinyl I'm almost sure you've got just 5% bargains instead of 95%.
If you're just talking about the rarest of the rarest metal vinyl then you would be right, but the bargains I get aren't always rarities, most are just $10 or so cds that I get in lots for $1-2 each or so. Only about 150 or so are $50+ cds. I don't have nearly as much records since I never see any good lots of records for sale, probably since I never actually look for them except once a month or so, except one time I scored about 65 metal lps about half of em $30+ value for $2.50 each from some guy who said he thought the were obsolete and wanted cds instead. :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

slayerhatesusall wrote:If you're just talking about the rarest of the rarest metal vinyl then you would be right
No, any vinyl. Just like records went out of fashion in the 90s and could be found for peanuts, CDs are now largely being dumped for digital formats, add in the fact that only "collectors" know that CDs can actually be worth money, and there are tons of deals out there. Meanwhile, vinyl is "cool" again and everyone thinks the old Dio LPs sitting neglected in their attic are worth $100.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

perishinflames wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:If you're just talking about the rarest of the rarest metal vinyl then you would be right
No, any vinyl. Just like records went out of fashion in the 90s and could be found for peanuts, CDs are now largely being dumped for digital formats, add in the fact that only "collectors" know that CDs can actually be worth money, and there are tons of deals out there. Meanwhile, vinyl is "cool" again and everyone thinks the old Dio LPs sitting neglected in their attic are worth $100.
Not only collectors can know cds are valuable, pretty much anyone can just go on ebay and search completed listings or google search and find the value easily unless its a mega rarity or something. You could definitely find some rare records cheap if you know where to look, despite you saying vinyl is cool again, a bunch of people with it sitting in their attic for decades are just going to think its outdated junk and get rid of it cheap. Now I will start hunting for rare records since I should have been doing that all along instead of just looking for cds all the time, who knows, maybe I will score some rarities cheap and prove you guys wrong :twisted:
metalvinyl

Post by metalvinyl »

About the solar eagle bootleg, I removed it from ebay the moment one friend warned me! (Thanks Nick), I got the money back after 2 months........... Anyway, bootlegging and selling telling it is original is like theft, it is also immoral , it is like selling shiny glass as diamonds and women bags bought 10 euros for 1000.....

One advice, ALWAYS ask for matrix or watch the OTHER ITEMS and FEEDBACK !
If they have many copies ask them where they got them.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

report this to shit as i did.a girl i met once is selling it.Us greeks know who for,the rest need not worry
I dont have much/anything to add to this thread,expect that those of us who need to know which is doing all/most of the boots, know that it's been the same people more or less for the past 10 years.(I dont need to go to reborn Classics or Kraken,satans host,etc we also know who did those too.) need they be named? those who need names need look not far,those of us who are bored of the same names for the last 10 years dont need to.And damn me if anyone is ever going to buy my original solar eagle knowing I am greek.the worst-part of people doing this claim to be in it for METAL,but as a friend already mentioned money is sweet...way too sweet sometimes.especially money one click away huh?
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Same bootlegs, same conditions, same people behind it, only the ebay ID is different. Probably a friend of theirs is making them a 'favour'... It's not so hard to understand that anymore.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

MassOfKthulu wrote:...need they be named? those who need names need look not far,those of us who are bored of the same names for the last 10 years dont need to...
...and those of us who don't know can bugger off, right?... are you really so afraid of saying those names, or just enjoy feeling special for not sharing the knowledge? Doh!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

There are already three ebay acounts written on this thread. And we haven't reported something very vague like 'There are some bootlegs on the market and we know who's selling them' without saying anything more. We have given good info already, the fact that some people are bored to death to search 5 more minutes is not something that we should responsible of. And if you have the time to browse a 6 pages thread for a boot you sure have 5 more minutes to search on the internet for those people.

But why don't you ask the people who have actually been fooled and they already bought a copy why don't they report them here? I mean it is not me that has lost $530 on a solar eagle boot, it's others that have. But I don't see them writing anything specific here. Those who are not members of this forum have been pointed out to this thread to say something, I haven't see anything yet though. Are we to blame for this too? Personally I'm just trying to warn people without overly risking it by exposing real names and addresses in public. I have also reported the counterfeits I saw on ebay, but in no case I will not start playing the metal bootleg police for everyone who is after vinyl rarities and doesn't want to make a very basic search for what he's about to buy. By the way, how many of the people who read this thread reported the items we mentioned here on ebay ? Did you do it? Or is that something 'the others' have to do as well? At which point shall we stop for you to say 'that's enough, you've done your 'job'?' without having to 'apologize' for 4 out 6 pages in a boot thread?

My impression is that some, but certainly not all, people are trying to make an issue with every greek they can on every possible occasion. Don't know what their problem is, but that's what they are trying to do. It's not something new, it's happened before and will happen again. In and out of this forum. Remember these lines next time a thread that concerns greeks comes up.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

stormspell wrote:
MassOfKthulu wrote:...need they be named? those who need names need look not far,those of us who are bored of the same names for the last 10 years dont need to...
...and those of us who don't know can bugger off, right?... are you really so afraid of saying those names, or just enjoy feeling special for not sharing the knowledge? Doh!
Pff,this deserves an answer and i will waste some more time replying to such idiotic messages.
So let's see..
U got it all right!
We are afraid and that's why we don't tell names.Right now, one of these people is aiming at me with a kalascnikof.
But i will dare and give it a try since u seem so genuinely interested in learning about them.. i just wonder where the hell were u all these years?And stop pretending to be so unaware, cause u have dealt with some of them ,lots of times with your label's releases.Or u will stop trading stuff when u learn who they are? Come on now..
If u took only 5-10 minutes, and search those ids that have been told ,check their feedback ,u could easily figure it out.One of them, is also mentioning his label there..
And believe me those u are into the scene, knows every bootlegger even from Easter island.
Those who don't care should continue to not care.
I have many friends that doesn't care about this kind of matters so i don't even bother them telling anything.
Why to tell u?Those who have shown real interest, have been informed with details.

So here are the names u so much want to know:
Dimitris Saravakos
Stelios Manolas
Koulis Karataidhs

and their international partners who i bet u know:
Hristo Stoichkov
Yordan Letckov

Satisfied now?
Enough with some people's bullshit who are only trying to be smart ass.

Addressing once again to the people who are potential buyers of these lps,cds etc, i tell them to write down the list of identical bootleg lps we have compiled,,tell it to friend's, check the ids that they are selling them every now and then along with numerous other japanese obi identical cds,"private" usa/nwobhm rare cds etc etc, report the items and maybe they will stop manufacturing more and more.
Last tip and i am out..a band that was informed about a "new" bootleg cd of theirs which had their ep/demo included, that a guy here was selling through his site/label ,contacted him and he was forced to withdraw it.So there is solution if everybody is really involved in this subject.
Topic closed from my side.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

you forgot the legendary bootlegger Savvas Koffidis who in direct collaboration with David Richards is pressing special editions of Ample Destruction in the colours of Kavala,special Iraklis ropalo shaped disk, makis psomiadis puro advanced test pressings and such paraphernalia
There is no need to write anything anymore-those that needed to be informed were informed,those looking for literature and gossip to spend time with should turn off their laptops and go watch a soap on TV (karaguzel tsoglan on ant1) and the rest should not worry as the Maya prophecies are not likely to be fulfilled anyway.Amen.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I was not talking about the eBay IDs, those change all the time. I talk about the "we all know who is behind the bootlegs, but we ain't telling" attitude. This is wrong - not everyone here have the time and insights to research eGay and figure who the real people are.

If you don't say the name, people just start questioning all Greek sellers, it is that simple, yes. No need to blame anyone, you are doing it to yourselves really.

Angelheart, yes I have traded with a lot of Greek labels in the past. As far as I know only one has offered me bootlegs - Kostas from Sonic Age. He was asked never to offer me such things again, and he hasn't. I have kept supporting their official releases. However, now that you're telling me some of those labels are the root of all evil, and since I really don't know which ones, I have no choice but to question ALL of them!

So as easy as that, I now have doubts about ALL Greek labels. Do you see what I mean now.

P.S. I'll make sure never to buy an LP from Hristo Stoichkov, that's for sure.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Angelheart wrote:"private" usa/nwobhm rare cds etc etc,
:shock:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Khnud wrote:I appreciate the warning and all, but without the IDs of the persons responsible, it doesn't help much. All it does is telling me to avoid all Greek sellers like the plague and that's hardly fair to the honest ones.
ION BRITTON wrote:The things that are reported here seem like a protection to you anyway? Or is that you have a problem with greeks in general? This is just ridiculous.
ION BRITTON wrote:My impression is that some, but certainly not all, people are trying to make an issue with every greek they can on every possible occasion. Don't know what their problem is, but that's what they are trying to do. It's not something new, it's happened before and will happen again. In and out of this forum. Remember these lines next time a thread that concerns greeks comes up.
Sorry you get this impression, and I have a feeling, looking back at this thread, that your latest post (quoted above) was somehow directed at me. I underlined a part of my first post above just to show you that I specifically mentioned how I felt this whole discussion was bringing all the honest Greeks in a bad light, but somehow you interpreted this as me having a problem with all Greeks? This was never my intention.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

We discussed this through PM. I was replying to stormspell's post, I don't know why he made that comment from the moment that three acounts have been reported in this thread. I was speaking about numerous past threads that concerned bootlegs, ebay sellers etc etc. Maybe you don't remember the discussions there very well, but I do. Anyway, thing is we are still discussing this 'why don't you tell us the real names' thing instead of trying to find more info about bootlegs that are circulating on the market. Besides I've already said that whoever is unable to find more info he can contact me through PM. No one has done it yet apart from you, and I told you what I knew. Now, tell me, what am I supposed to do in this case? Start mailing every member here to inform them about it? I'm not keeping the info I have for myself, but I'm also trying to be cautious as I explained you privately. People say the want names but in the end they just don't care about it and this is not my problem.
Again, I'm under the impression that some are more bothered with the fact that no real names have been exposed yet than the fact that there are metal vinyl boots that go for $500 on ebay and people are still bidding on them like there's no tomorrow.

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

ION BRITTON wrote:I was replying to stormspell's post
Ah, cool.
ION BRITTON wrote:there are metal vinyl boots that go for $500 on ebay and people are still bidding on them like there's no tomorrow.
Yes, this is very unfortunate. I can only assume the bidders are not registered here. People should spread this to Metalpage, Sacred Metal, thrashmageddon etc. and any other forum that contains members collecting 80's metal.