Which concert will you attend next ?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Levi

Post by Levi »

Hope it's not true, but if so: :cry:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've checked on the website of the venue they should have played in Paris the 30th of april, there's no more concert planned for this day.
Levi

Post by Levi »

Thanks, that means it's probably true, will have to wait for the belgian promotor to confirm it.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

So, the next gig I'll attend is the Face Your Underground fest in Antwerpen the 26th of April.
msp

Post by msp »

All being well, Cloven Hoof at the end of the month in London
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

WASP just played here in Australia on the 'Crimson Idol Tour'!
A friend of mine went & told me the whole gig was mimed!!!!!!!!!!! He said it was horrendous!!

I'm just glad WHITESNAKE fucking ruled last week when they were here!

Here are some 'blabbermouth' reviews for your enjoyment:
I used to be the biggest wasp fan, but lately....what a disappointment!
Canceling shows and tours in the US, not releasing albums here, then the final kicker was going to see the crimson idol tour a month or so ago in Hartford CT and listening to backing vocal tracks play while Blackies lips never moved and then getting to watch about 35-40 minutes of popeye cartoons on a screen just to have the band come out and play love machine and blind in texas (two of their shortest songs mind you) while we were entertained with popeye continuing to play during the whopping 30 minute (reduced to 2 song) pathetic set!
I wont be spending any more money to see wasp anytime soon and if the people in Australia are smart, they wont either! Odds are you're going to get about 7-8 songs of the 15 you pick or get to hear backing tracks play during the idol. What a choice huh???
Maybe when Blackie regains some respect again for the fans that made him who he is and put him where he is, I'll get back into wasp.

Lay off the caffeine guy.lol Wow, you just twisted your panties in a knot all because I spoke the truth, the same truth hundreds of people have said throughout this "crimson idol tour" and if you took the time to research peoples feedback and reactions to this current tour on the wasp myspace profile or the forums you'd see my opinion does not stand alone, oh great irate master of the F bomb.lol As for my having the privilage to witness wasp where as you havent, yes I have...for many many years have I witnessed wasp live and I am speaking from something you have none of....experience! I have attended many outstanding shows full of originality and energy, but once again, from experience....this tour was by far the worst for the simple fact it was hyped up to be something it failed to be and the performace and quality was horrible and for the record 3STRANG3D.....the tour was canceled last year for the U.S. because Blackie didn't give two shits to find an alternative record label after losing the one he had here. Why you ask??? Oh... well that would be because Blackie says screw the states and kisses Europes ass, just like I said. You too will have the chance to be greatly disapointed when you get to hear blackies vocals and he's 3 feet away from the mic and they rip you off on the 2nd set they hyped up.lol Maybe then your attitude will change and you'll see my point I was trying to make and not get so irate over someones honest opinion from experience and resort to name calling and acting like a child. This is a mature forum for adults to discuss news and experiences pertaining to our favorite bands.
Have fun at your show, however...I'm sure you'll walk away disapointed much like a lot of people have this tour. Although, having no prior wasp performance experience to compare it to, you just might enjoy it.

I agree with DESPAIR.
I just saw them recently in NY and it sucked major ass. The show was horrid, lawless acted like he didnt even want to be there. I recall a few times since 2000 I had to have tickets refunded because almighty blackie canceled shows. This crimson idol thing is a joke. We got a one song second set, wild child. even in the past the whole band would be outside to meet people but never blackie! Hes a cocky ass that doesnt care about fans. Good music or not, hes still an asshole thats only out for himself and his own wallet. I mean its cool and you guys get to see him there down under and hopefully he's more enthusiastic for you guys than he was here in NY. Despair , you hit the nail on the head with the backing vocal tracks, how lame!!! Hes a good enough singer he doesnt need to take the cheap way out. Thats all you heard at the show, half the lyrics werent even sung by him, EVERYONE was pissed at the end of that show Ravenheart#1, not just a small percentage of people, we're talking an entire venue scoffing and laughing at the weak show put on. Admit it guys, lawless's days of good shows is gone, hes too old, his newest material sucks, dominator sounds like shit, the whole sound and production blows and they just dont have the image and appeal anymore. Hang it up lawless! Social security's a'callin..lol

I saw them at the Moscow show for the Crimson Idol tour, during Chainsaw charlie I thought WTF? his lips aren't matching
what's being sung. I thought I was mistaken - THEN a few songs later on Dr. Rockter - the CD skipped really bad and it was wayyy clear that he was lip synching. Blackie goes over to the side of the stage and says something to the tech guy then comes back like nothing happened. Mike's backing vocals were shit and there was no movie. I saw them once before on the Helldorado tour which was way better, but this time around was a disaster. Anybody ever hear the Donnington Bootleg tracks from "The Idol" cd single?? I can't believe they officially released those, but at least it was them - for real, this show was faked.

and guess what fellas! LIP SYNCHED THE WHOLE THING CEPT THE LAST FOUR SONGS.then the asshole ran outta there into his taxi with a napkin over his face. Did he think that would stop fans from noticing him??? I hereby give him permission to take the 24 dollars I spent on my ticket and put it toward a face lift, because his saggy ass badly needs it. He's rockin double chins AND cheeks.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Korgüll wrote:WASP just played here in Australia on the 'Crimson Idol' Tour!
A friend of mine went & told me the whole gig was mimed!!!!!!!!!!! He said it was horrendous!!
A friend of mine has seen them live in Belgium a few months ago, he told the same thing... pathetic.
Helm

Post by Helm »

up the hammers fest!

# Friday 11/4

* Omen 23:30 - 00:40
* Memory Garden 22:25 - 23:15
* Dark Quarterer 21:25 - 22:10
* Sentinel Beast 20:30 - 21:10
* Airged Lamh 19:35 - 20:15
* Hathendom 18:45 - 19:20
* Dantesco 18:00 - 18:30

# Saturday 12/4

* Manilla Road 23:40 - 01:00
* Stormwarrior 22:35 - 23:25
* Cage 21:30 – 22:20
* Battleroar 20:25 - 21:15
* Lonewolf 19:30 - 20:10
* Silver Fist 18:35 - 19:15
* Celtic Legacy 17:45 - 18:20
* Trinakrius 17:00 - 17:30
Levi

Post by Levi »

Levi wrote:Thanks, that means it's probably true, will have to wait for the belgian promotor to confirm it.
Update on the Witchcraft gig: it doesn't seem to be cancelled in Belgium, only Danava (one of the support bands) is cancelled though.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Levi wrote:
Levi wrote:Thanks, that means it's probably true, will have to wait for the belgian promotor to confirm it.
Update on the Witchcraft gig: it doesn't seem to be cancelled in Belgium, only Danava (one of the support bands) is cancelled though.
Where and when do they play in Belgium ?
Levi

Post by Levi »

omen of hate wrote:
Levi wrote:
3 may, Kessel-Lo (near Leuven).

Visit www.orangefactory.be for information & reservation.
nabel

Post by nabel »

I think I'll go to check out Blaze next friday. I don't much about his solo stuff, X-Factor is somehow important Iron Maiden record for me and I saw IM first time live during X-Factor tour.
And my friend is organizing whole thing so little support is expected.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Sabbat (jpn), Forbidden and I hope Hirax somewhere
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Levi wrote:
omen of hate wrote:
Levi wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll be in Belgium at that time, so I'll probably attend the gig.
Levi

Post by Levi »

omen of hate wrote:
Levi wrote:
omen of hate wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll be in Belgium at that time, so I'll probably attend the gig.
That's cool, would be nice to meet you! If you need a place to stay, there a hostel nearby: http://www.leuven-hostel.com/index_en.html