Rarest CDs you own?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Yeah, it was also a Russian bootleg. I nuke it too, although haven't seen any for quite a while.

Fuck, I see a SLANDER bootleg plaguing eGay, I shall nuke those too! I wonder who did those, both sellers seem to be from USA...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:Yeah, it was also a Russian bootleg. I nuke it too, although haven't seen any for quite a while.

Fuck, I see a SLANDER bootleg plaguing eGay, I shall nuke those too! I wonder who did those, both sellers seem to be from USA...
That Slander bootleg has been out since the early 00's. It's greek as it follows in the typical fashion.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

stormspell wrote:Fuck, I see a SLANDER bootleg plaguing eGay, I shall nuke those too! I wonder who did those, both sellers seem to be from USA...
This boot has been available for years, long before your reissue. Sound is pretty shitty, I don't think it poses a threat to your business.

edit:

Avenger beat me to it. Are you sure it's Greek? I was under the impression it came from Germany. I could be wrong.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:
stormspell wrote:Fuck, I see a SLANDER bootleg plaguing eGay, I shall nuke those too! I wonder who did those, both sellers seem to be from USA...
This boot has been available for years, long before your reissue. Sound is pretty shitty, I don't think it poses a threat to your business.

edit:

Avenger beat me to it. Are you sure it's Greek? I was under the impression it came from Germany. I could be wrong.
Typical album title matrix just like Agony, E-X-E, etc.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ah ok. I never saw Greek bootleg disguised as self-release before. They are all like Hot Metal Records or any other fictitious name, etc.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

stormspell wrote:TARGET - Mission Executed CDs dont last long on eBay because I'm utilizing my VeRO powers nuking 'em into oblivion. It is a Russian bootleg and not Greek, unless I'm totally mistaken.

There is the same style "Master, Project, Genesis" boot, but since it is hard to distinguish from the original I let those go.
No biggie, it is just Avenger's psychosis. One CanadianGreek has fucked his ex-girlfriend and all the others are history...
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

HOLOCAUST - heavy metal mania (mini CD)
no hope, no fear
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

MINOTAUR "Power of darkness" (No colours rec., 1998)

Rumors say it is a bootleg. :?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
stormspell wrote:TARGET - Mission Executed CDs dont last long on eBay because I'm utilizing my VeRO powers nuking 'em into oblivion. It is a Russian bootleg and not Greek, unless I'm totally mistaken.

There is the same style "Master, Project, Genesis" boot, but since it is hard to distinguish from the original I let those go.
No biggie, it is just Avenger's psychosis. One CanadianGreek has fucked his ex-girlfriend and all the others are history...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I don't really know... The Legend bootleg??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGEND-FJORDS-M ... 1e6a5f87e1
:lol: :lol:

Ha,ha... Just kidding... But as a matter of fact I don't really know. I have plenty of underground 90's/00's CDs but never cared about their rarity.

Nevertheless I'll name 3-4 of them that are proven quite rare:
Oracle-Selah
Kryst The Conqueror-Deliver us From Evil
Gambit-The rest is silence
Longings Past-An Angel's Tale

Is there any other CD rarity guide on line, apart from Metal Treasures? (which is great but it hasn't yet covered a big number of CDs) The rarity of the Cds is not yet as clear as it is for the LPs.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Nhaavah "Kings of Czech Black Metal" CD 1998 - limited to 66 copies (Nr. 20)
Now I want to see someone to beat me out with anything similar rare! :lol:

Not as rare as Nhaavah, but still I haven't seen much copies:
Hadez "Aquelarre" CD 93 (original on Brutal Records)
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

the favorite CDs in my collection. also the majority of my CD collection :lol: . None of them is really rare afaik, but i'm no real CD wiz, maybe someone can clarify?

KAT - Oddech Wyrmalach Swiatow -Silton&Stapis
Mortuary - Blackened Images -Avanzada Metalica
Pactum - F.A.L. -Avanzada Metalica
Kabát - Zive! -Monitor
Svaty Vincent - Svaty Vincent -Monitor
Vondur - Stryd/&%(JLJHklfing -Necropolis
Sabbat - The Dwelling (Gold Cover) -Evil Recs
Martire - Martire MCD -Dominator
Mercy - Witchburner -Euro Records (alternate Cover)
Sigh - Scorn Defeat -DSP (Shinichi Cover w barcode)
Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost -Restless (no boot)
Bellzlleb - §II -Bang A Gong/Captain
all Dwarr albums on selfreleased CD (Brand X & Warr Enterprises)
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I thought about my rarest CDs the other day when I was organizing the collection.

I bought lots of CDs a few years ago but I dont collect them as vinyls.

My top three would be:

Avenger - Prayers of steel
Razord - Exuhmed
Vio-lence - Eternal nightmare
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

LethylSteel wrote:Nhaavah "Kings of Czech Black Metal" CD 1998 - limited to 66 copies (Nr. 20)
Now I want to see someone to beat me out with anything similar rare! :lol:
Rarity does not mean anything when the product is bad and there is no demand for it. I can record some shit music and release it in 6 copies, will you pay 500$ for one? it would be rare as hell, wouldn't it?

I don't buy into that "the less copies, the more prestigious" stories. Prestige for me is the game of supply (rarity and how many people want to sell it) and demand (which spans concepts from quality to popularity and a number of people that want it but can't get it). For example "Darkness Descends" made in japan is much more prestigius than this Nhaavah even if there are 100 times more copies. Thats why I don't wet myself hearing about all those vinyls noone has heard of. In general, the price you can get for an item reflects how prestigius it is.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Huh, the headline of the thread is "Rarest CD that you own".
So do you have a CD that was released in less than 66 copies or not? Otherwise this is the rarest CD mentioned here so far. :lol:
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...