Plain innersleeves

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Le fjump

Plain innersleeves

Post by Le fjump »

I dont know if you have discussed this before.

I have never been a fan of these plastic, transparent sleeves which just mess up when you try to put them back in the cover.

Do you consider plain/transparent innersleeves as "original"? A sleeve with lyrics is something that always is original, but how about plain ones?

Do you think it is ok to replace them with paper sleeves or those padded ones?

Let me know.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I exchange ALL innersleeves with padded ones. If the record comes with a printed innersleeve, it is placed next to the padded one.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

I always put records I buy in new antistatic innersleves. Even new ones!
If the previous sleeve has even a number or sth else on it, I keep it in the cover together with lyrics and anything other an album can include! Otherwise, paper white or plastic innersleeves go in the rubbish bin!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Some of them has printing (mid to late eighties american ones especially) and those I would never consider changing. Others may have other "qualities" such as being too big, too thin or just plain odd. I think they may have historical value no matter how much irritation they can cause (which they sure can!).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Khnud wrote:I exchange ALL innersleeves with padded ones. If the record comes with a printed innersleeve, it is placed next to the padded one.
This. I keep all original printed inner sleeves, and just store the record in an antistatic poly sleeve. I usually throw out generic original inners. I use these, they're great quality, and have a paper backing embedded in the plastic so they don't crinkle up and are easy to insert/remove from the sleeve:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Mobile-Fide ... eves-50-pk
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I use these, although I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

http://www.svalander.se/shoppen/tvatt_v ... &pid=12476
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

For now I just use whatever comes with the vinyl, I use really sturdy paper sleeves when the vinyl didn't come with a sleeve or if the sleeve was broken.
If the innersleeve has been signed or if it is printed, I keep that sleeve in the cover but store the vinyl in another sleeve.

I plan on doing just like Le fjump does later when my economy is better.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Highest possible quality! I ve got some!!!
I use these:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2969/img6486d.jpg

Easier to find!
Any suggestions for outer sleeves?
I cannot find sth I like!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

vasilis2112 wrote:Any suggestions for outer sleeves?
I used to use 6mil polyethylene outers from Music Direct, very thick but also quite expensive. I just got a batch of 3mil sleeves from Bags Unlimited, not crazy asbout them but a lot cheaper. No idea what would be available locally for you.

I really like the outer that came with the Street Child reissue, anyone know where to get these?
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

perishinflames wrote:
vasilis2112 wrote:Any suggestions for outer sleeves?
I used to use 6mil polyethylene outers from Music Direct, very thick but also quite expensive. I just got a batch of 3mil sleeves from Bags Unlimited, not crazy asbout them but a lot cheaper. No idea what would be available locally for you.

I really like the outer that came with the Street Child reissue, anyone know where to get these?
I used to use sth like 6mil polyethylene outers from Music Direct (maybe th same- need to see it with a record inside), but I only had 500 and I do not remember here I bought them (maybe it was from mr.vinylios in monastiraki, guys from athens help in always welcome)!
Really nice sleeves by the way!

I now use these: http://shop.ikarosmusic.gr/online/produ ... 2c432c314e, but I do not like them that much!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Seriously though, fuck paper inner sleeves. Static, dust, paper scuffs, there is absolutely nothing good about them.