Ahab, etc.

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Noisenik

Ahab, etc.

Post by Noisenik »

Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea

They may not be victim of time yet, but they'll gonna be sooner or later.

Anybody took any time to listen to this wonder? How do you relate to heightened presence of ambient, death-indus, dronology types of stuff in Metal.

I'm not giving any comments, this and perhaps Dol Ammad stuff is solely confusing me.

Add. note: there exists a band called Flittermice of Eld - Darkthrone inspired "cavemanish" ambience/noise :!: :?:
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Re: Ahab, etc.

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea

Anybody took any time to listen to this wonder? How do you relate to heightened presence of ambient, death-indus, dronology types of stuff in Metal.
Never heard of. Ambient/drone stuff in Metal? No thanx. I just don't see the relevance to Metal any more than reggae, hippetyhoppety etc.. On the rare occations I feel like listening to that stuff I prefer it as far away from Metal as possible. PANASONIC/PAN SONIC from Finland and some NON/Boyd Rice stuff would be the closest thing I might spin once in a black moon..

Maybe this belongs in the Land Of Mystery?
Noisenik

Re: Ahab, etc.

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea

Never heard of. Ambient/drone stuff in Metal? No thanx. I just don't see the relevance to Metal any more than reggae, hippetyhoppety etc.. On the rare occations I feel like listening to that stuff I prefer it as far away from Metal as possible. PANASONIC/PAN SONIC from Finland and some NON/Boyd Rice stuff would be the closest thing I might spin once in a black moon..

Maybe this belongs in the Land Of Mystery?
Yeah, dilemma surely exists about proper position of such bordering materials. But they are dragged up and down the most read Metal mags - it was released on Napalm. Even Steve reviewed it in his VOD e-zine and he was quite positive about it. Confusing, eh? Regarding such Metal/not-Metal materials some extra board should be opened. Perhaps. I put it in VOT board - it seemed logical to me. But U can transport to LOM, no problem. Perhaps only those who are dedicated Metal modernists would see this maneouvre as a our strict denial of Metal development (into forbidden zones). Oops, I better stop now.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've listened to this album once, I've found it rather average and boring, maybe, Ishould give this album a second chance ...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

In fact I owe you an apology. I have stuffed this into dronology dept. Actually it's been already stuffed into funeral doom "bereich". A genre which somehow pertains to Finland. There's whole label(s) dedicated to the genre: Firebox/ Firedoom ...