Lethyl - "Lethyl" LP Year???

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
LethylSteel

Lethyl - "Lethyl" LP Year???

Post by LethylSteel »

Does anyone know a CORRECT year when this LP was published?
On Metalpage they say it's from 1982, I've another source saying it's from 1984 while I think I've read years ago (or seen it in any list) it's from 1983. On the sleeve or labels there's no year mentioned...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Songs where Published in 1984
"I am NOT a collector"
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Another perfect cover.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

glockose wrote:Songs where Published in 1984
Thanx for the info!
Btw. the Motley Crue comparison on the Metalpage let it shine in a totally wrong light. Might have a little Glam edge and basically it is Hard Rock but it's damn heavy and has early Metal songs too. The guitarist is a wizard and the vocalist let Vince Neil looking like a schoolboy.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

yeah, great and underrated album, glad to see others discovering it.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, I was the one who wrote it. It sure as hell ain't heavy metal to my ears and they can compared to early Crue as well, the songs are dirty and raw with an intense 'party' feeling... Too fast for love and Shout at the devil definitely have enough heaviness, if you call this 'damn heavy' the same thing can be said about the those two Crue albums too.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I'll really start some crap.
I haven't listened to this in along time (5-6 years)

But if someone asked me what it sounded like I would say
Early Hard Rock / Metal with a bit of a NWOBHM influance

I always found it to be a good LP.
The singer left and had a solo LP Jimmie Jones and remade some of these sames, That LP is heavy Glam and not even good glam
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

People often mistake "early Motley Crue sound" for glam / hair metal. Two first Crue albums were straight down and dirty heavy metal in my book.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Hmmm...early Crue isn't anything I can enjoy. Surely a few ok songs here and there but seriously, compare early Crue with other less known early US stuff and they just can't competite and this does not only include the limited musical skills of the Crue members (just listen to what "they" call guitar solos :twisted: ). So if anyone compares an album as early Crue it's a serious reason for me to stay away. :lol:
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

I am totally agree to say that Shout At The Devil is just very good Heavy metal. Falsly considered as "gay/glam metal". But fuck, the sound is awesome, really Heavy and really Metal (and Natural), and so are the songs.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

You think the review is wrong because it is compared to Crue and you don't like Crue or because it is compared to Crue and it doesn't sound like that to you??

I will never understand why metalheads are so hostile against the first Motley Crue albums. They might not be pure undiluted heavy metal but to me they are far more heavier and in your face than 50% of all those things that are called 'US private metal'
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I think the band name across the top of the first two Crue albums blind listeners that have heard "Kickstart My Heart" for the 1000th time and truly hate the band. Either way this discussion has already been had here in detail and I think it's been made pretty clear by the individuals that have any sliver of an open mind that the bands early material is not deserving of the "glam" label. It's a shame that the band look such a dive on the following releases but either way, (just like W.A.S.P.) you can't justify labeling the bands early work as "glam". For example: "Live Wire" back in '81 was among the heaviest stuff out there.

This is also all pretty off topic, especially for "Metal Conquest"...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC YOU MUST DIE
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:You think the review is wrong because it is compared to Crue and you don't like Crue or because it is compared to Crue and it doesn't sound like that to you??
No no and no...and yes Motley Crue is total overrated shit in my ears but that's not the reason that I think the review is wrong. I meant the comparison with Motley Crue was a reason for me to stay away from Lethyl since the record is not exactly cheap and who really wants Motley Crue clones for about 70 $?
What I think is wrong is the comparison with M.C., the rest of the review was ok, I just can't hear any M.C. influences in Lethyl's music.
And it's also right that most of the early US Hard Rock/Metal vinyls are quite expensive and even more shitty like Conspiracy f.e. but you also have total gems like Mistreater, Abraxas or Seacrest...but now we're completely off topic... :wink: