Bands that ruled and still rule !!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Agent Steel: Their early works are genious and the newer ones are very good too IMO
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:Agent Steel: Their early works are genious and the newer ones are very good too IMO
Hm, we have to agree to disagree on that one. Personally I was very disappointed w/ both "The Omega Conspiracy" and "Order Of The Illuminati". Sure, the vocalist sounded very close to Cyriis, and the new thrashier style was tight and solid, but I just couldn't recognize my old heroes in the songwriting. In one ear, out your mother...

edit:
I need to come up w/ a possitive example, so my undying respect goes out to BROCAS HELM - almost 25 years in the biz and never an embarrasing moment. Taking your time and not trying to be overproductive is something more bands should learn from. Terrible for your "career" - invaluable for your respect and dignity.

As for the classic bands I'd say JUDAS PRIEST has the most even level of quality. If we pretend those Ripper Owens-albums never happen, only "Point Of Entry" can be held against them.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

the almighty SABBAT (jap, of course!)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

DaN wrote:
The Sentinel wrote: As for the classic bands I'd say JUDAS PRIEST has the most even level of quality. If we pretend those Ripper Owens-albums never happen, only "Point Of Entry" can be held against them.
Were those two albums really so bad? I hadn't have the opportunity to listem to 'em yet, but I've heard a couple studio tracks from Ripper era (Blood Stained, Bullet Train) and some more on the Meltdown live album, and those songs rule!
Ripper Ow(e)ns Halford anyway.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Were those two albums really so bad? I hadn't have the opportunity to listem to 'em yet, but I've heard a couple studio tracks from Ripper era (Blood Stained, Bullet Train) and some more on the Meltdown live album, and those songs rule!
Ripper Ow(e)ns Halford anyway.
yep, they're not real good :(

I met JP backstage a few years ago here in Australia on the Demolition Tour, and when I shook Ripper Owens' hand he had the most wimpiest, lame, limp-wristed, sweaty handshake ever!!! I thought to myself after "he ain't no Metal God!!!!!!!!!!"

I must admit tho', I quite like his vocals on the last Iced Earth, but I just hope their next album is a lot better!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:
As for the classic bands I'd say JUDAS PRIEST has the most even level of quality. If we pretend those Ripper Owens-albums never happen, only "Point Of Entry" can be held against them.
I would agree if their carreer stopped after "Defenders of the Faith".
All their releases after this album (except "Painkiller") are bad ("Turbo") or average ("Ram it Down", "Angels of Retribution"). I can't judge the Tim Owens period, I've never heard those albums, I can't stand the idea of Judas Priest having an other vocalist than Rob Halford.

Let's hope their next album (supposed to be a double album based on Nostradamus' life) will be better !
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Riot have ruled since the mid 70's.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Nightlock wrote:Riot have ruled since the mid 70's.
Tastes are different, in my world RIOT should be featured under the topic "Bands that sucked, than ruled, than sucked again" :wink:

I only liked them from BORN IN AMERICA until PRIVILEGE OF POWER (the best!!!).
The older ones are just more or less boring Hard Rock, the newer ones since NIGHTBREAKER are totally average/boring Melodic Metal. Last couple of albums I didn't even listen to, just not interested anymore.
I saw them live a few years ago with Mike DiMeo on vox, horrible...
We praise the blood that metal brings
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Well at least you’re a Rhett Forrester fan, I know a lot of people who completely pass off the two albums with him, Born in America is far more metal than any of the other stuff they’ve done, Perfect metal attitude.

Their two worst albums are Rock City and The Brethren Of The Long House. Anything Tony Moore touched with them turned to gold. Pity I can't say the same about his new project Faith and Fire.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Nightlock wrote:Anything Tony Moore touched with them turned to gold.
So true!!
We praise the blood that metal brings