Obscure Czech Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Re: Obscure Czech Metal

Post by DaN »

I knew there was a generic Czech Metal thread somewhere...

Here's something cool I found when working on Ye Olde Metal World Map:

IRAS Live (just a streamed reunion show but still great!)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Apart from METANOON, SEXIT and TOXIC TRASH that was recently uploaded in Poisonoise, I've also added a review of the TARANTULA debut. The 2 first tracks is pretty much a must-hear:

[youtube=d8mdUobsvhg][/youtube]
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

These are all great reads, many thanks! Don't let us forget though that Toxic Trash were not a Czech band but. Many a Slovak metalhead might get really rozzúrený upon reading that. :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Herkus Monte wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:18 am These are all great reads, many thanks! Don't let us forget though that Toxic Trash were not a Czech band but. Many a Slovak metalhead might get really rozzúrený upon reading that. :)
You're right, I read that somewhere. I tend to use "Czech" as an abbreviation for Czechoslovakian, since I'm seldom referring to anything metallic from these countries from beyond the 1992-mark. Maybe not 100% correct terminology, but I've added a footnote about it...
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

My Toxic Trash album has the backcover fully dedicated (quite a long text, must have been for a close friend), anyone has the same on theirs? I wonder if they were mainly distributed to friends or if it ever had a proper release...
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

[youtube]bVbF_BMGk9U[/youtube]
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:49 pm [youtube]bVbF_BMGk9U[/youtube]
4 strong swords for that one - at least the A-side. Too bad it never happened as a proper release. This reminded me I need to share some really obscure Czech stuff here (and try out the new "hide text to guests"-function"!)...

Image Image Image

While not 5-outta-5/Iras/Carbon/Trezor-level material there's still 1 really cool song on each 7". Did I mention they're also stupid rare?

Actually, I decided to include the complete 2011 CD with Autobus since it's BLOODY GREAT. Really, just listen to "Kung Pao" and be amazed. The original 7" recording is also featured as a bonus, as songs #10 and #11...
Exclusive content for logged in users.
edit: Man I forgot how great that Alien A-side is! - had to bump the rating on the page to 4 swords!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Cheerz for expanding knowledge on Czech Metal!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks, DaN!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Thanks a lot!!!
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

Wohoo, the two 1991 single tracks from Autobus (one of the most stupid sounding bandnames for a german speaker EVER!!) are pure gold. The galopping guitars, the strong vocal lines, the beautiful double leads - I LOVE IT!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pavlos wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 pm Wohoo, the two 1991 single tracks from Autobus (one of the most stupid sounding bandnames for a german speaker EVER!!) are pure gold. The galopping guitars, the strong vocal lines, the beautiful double leads - I LOVE IT!!
Yeah, the A-side of the 7" is cool as hell, but there's at least 5 better songs on the CD :wink:
Yronbeast86

Post by Yronbeast86 »

Thanks so much for this. Is there an actual cd version out there that features these tracks or is this from your own personal cd-r version?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yronbeast86 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:42 pm Thanks so much for this. Is there an actual cd version out there that features these tracks or is this from your own personal cd-r version?
Autobus exists as a proper CD release: https://www.discogs.com/release/6211502 ... t%C3%A1vej
Alien had a CD out in 1993, but it doesn't feature the 7" tracks.
Almara = no CD I'm sure.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Thanks for this, starting with Alien 7" I'm really enjoying this. The quest to hear everything never ends!