Ibanez "Joe Satriani" axe

When mere Metal consumerism is not enough - a forum for musicians and their trinkets.
Noisenik

Ibanez "Joe Satriani" axe

Post by Noisenik »

A friend have advised me to obtain the one above. Ibanez axes are easily obtainable in our area - that's perhaps the best reason for purchase. Anybody had that thing in hands?

... how about in Germany? Can US made Gibson and B.C. Rich be obtained? I saw Korean version few years ago, but that are only fine for play back :) . Any tip? Roman? Peter? Kololos? ...
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Hmm, no one answers ... Actually I wanted to know whether anybody played this "miracle"? Corrosicians where are you?
Metalipeiklo

Re: Ibanez "Joe Satriani" axe

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Noisenik wrote:A friend have advised me to obtain the one above. Ibanez axes are easily obtainable in our area - that's perhaps the best reason for purchase. Anybody had that thing in hands?

... how about in Germany? Can US made Gibson and B.C. Rich be obtained? I saw Korean version few years ago, but that are only fine for play back :) . Any tip? Roman? Peter? Kololos? ...
Here I am! Hoho. Well, I am not an expert on guitars. I've had an Ibanez as my first electric guitar which I got in 1994. I've tried a couple of other Ibanezes too and I still think Ibanez is a great and easily-played guitar axe! I remember it having good mics too, heavy sound. Ibanez is not too expensive either. Thouch I have no idea about this particular Joe Satriani variant. Does it look good?

Of course you should be able to get a US-Gibson in Germany. Even if I'd personally go for some nice old DDR-designed guitar if I would look for a guitar in old East Germany at least. He. As far as I know Gibson are only produced in the US? The cheaper Gibson-version is known as Epiphone (owned by Gibson)... which is produced somewhere else. As for BC Rich I don't know about US vs. Asia variants but usually you'll notice the price differences. BC Rich has come up with a couple of really cheaply equipped and cheap looking instruments last ten years or so and I don't know about them really. Some designs look too "soft" and the fact that these demonic-looking guitars feel a bit out of date for me personally doesn't keep me very interested.

I think all three mentioned guitars are good. Actually the only three I can mention being good since I've played them quite a lot. Jackson, on the other hand, is not recommended in its modern form at least.
Fun records
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Whoa Joel tnx for an answer.
Thouch I have no idea about this particular Joe Satriani variant. Does it look good?
It looks like this ...

... yeah, sure .. if' I'd know how to paste images here ... best to click the link below and find joe's dept.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_sweden.html

I haven't try it myself, but friend said that it has "sharp" sound which I prefer. If it does catch with my notion of "sharpness".

And yeah check a page of new Xyphos (X series). I can't help but adore "evil" designs. Have to ask for price, though. But I guess it has already entangled me.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Noisenik wrote:Hmm, no one answers ... Actually I wanted to know whether anybody played this "miracle"? Corrosicians where are you?
i have a joe satriani model ibanez, got it in 2001 and haven't looked at new guitars since, killer guitar! (have still looked at second hand guitars, that goes without saying!)

@ noisenik: theres a pic of me cockrocking with my JS inside the cover of my zine, see how comfortable it looks in my hands, its a very well balanced guitar and has a very clean sound, actually its too clean for the trash i generally play so when i jam i just use a beatup old warlock with dodgy wiring for that primo nekro sound :P