Italian Metal of the 80's on vinyl

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

My Copy from SPHINX - Burning Lights is on Camel !
Here is a Aurophon - CD on ebay !
http://cgi.ebay.ch/SPHINX-Here-we-are-C ... dZViewItem
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

tbieri wrote:My Copy from SPHINX - Burning Lights is on Camel !
Here is a Aurophon - CD on ebay !
http://cgi.ebay.ch/SPHINX-Here-we-are-C ... dZViewItem
Thank you very much for the infos,i didn't know of a cd pressing!
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Nonseinormale65

174)Steel Crown -- Sunset Warriors(1987,lp on Discomagic records) + Night Walk(1988,mini lp on Discomagic)formed in 1977 as Corona D'Acciaio(in english it exactly means Steel Crown),they are one of the oldest italian bands(and together with Strana Officina one of the few to never accept compromises and struggling for its integrity and purity often at their own expense,PROUD,HARD and PURE!!!),the singer Yako de Bonis, who died 24 june 1988(btw all the dates reported on metal archives about this band are wrong)in a motorcycle accident,was one of the most important and charismatic guy in italian metal scene.

175)Stige -- Uniti nell'abbraccio(1989,lp on Goddam Church records) +, Nuova Sensazione Freak(1990,lp,private pressing)decent thrash/core metal bands from Ascoli(in the centre of Italy),the first lp is for those who likes Crucifix,Cro-Mags, D.R.I. and early Whiplash,the second lp has thrash metal and funky influences!

176)Stigma Rea -- Forbice(1991,lp on Minotauro records)produced by P.Chain,this band was not quite heavy metal,they were a deflected and metallized rock band;in 1992 they they shortened their name to Stigma and published an ep 12" entitled "Dalla camera/Uomo"(on Underground Italiano Produzione).

177)Still Blind -- Same(1989,mini lp on Blindness records,private pressing,it includes a sticker) + Whales(1992,lp on Blindness records,private pressing),good techno thrash trio(a mix of Voivod,Celtic Frost,Helmet and Motorhead...)from Bolzano,formed by the three Giovanett brothers,both lp's are not so hard to find(25/35 euro).
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

Wasn't the SPHINX LP re-released again in 1990, was it?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Fire Down Under wrote:Wasn't the SPHINX LP re-released again in 1990, was it?
On vinyl?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

Avenger wrote:
Fire Down Under wrote:Wasn't the SPHINX LP re-released again in 1990, was it?
On vinyl?
don't know. I always thought that it was re-released with another title in 1990...
Nonseinormale65

Well,now it's all clear,Spinx's first pressing is on Peak records(1981,lp),second pressings on lp are on Mausoleum records and Camel records(both in 1985 with different cover than the 1st one),third pressing(but first on cd)is on Aurophon(1990).
Nonseinormale65

178)Strana Officina -- Same(1984,mini lp on Minotauro records,first pressing has red lettering on black label,second pressing has grey lettering on black label) + Ritual(1987,mini lp on LM records) + Rock'n'Roll Prisoner(1988,lp on Metal Master) + Rock'n'Roll Prisoner Tour 1989(1989,official live VHS,on World Video Trading)this vhs is very hard to find(80 euro or more) + 1979/1989 La Storia(2008,4 lp box set on Molten Metal Productions,1400 copies made) + Rising to the call(2010,lp on Jolly Roger records,black vinyl 650 copies made,green vinyl 100 copies made;there is also a limited edition on green vinyl in a painted-wood box, with
photocard and wallnailed structure,only 50 copies made,it had to be ordered in advance,with autographs and personal dedication by all the band to the buyer).

179)Strike -- Same(1981,lp on Skyzo/Fonit Cetra) + Short cut to hell/Go your way(1981,7" on Skyzo/Fonit Cetra -- these songs are included in the lp)good hard/metal band from Napoli,leaded by Ingrosso brothers,they recruited as session men two american musicians who were in the US army in NATO military base in Napoli(the label them off as americans to sell better...);the drummer(Jimmy Sharp) now has is own studio recording(batcave studios)in Southbridge,MA,U.S.A.

180)Studio4 -- Lucy(lp,1983 on New Polaris records)from Milano,it was a studio project only,with session men hired from a well known italian producer;it's a good melodic album with italian lyrics in the vein of Journey/Foreigner;very hard to find,70 euro or more.

181)Swords -- The black opera(1985,mini lp on Moon record)good melodic metal(not aor :wink: )band from Padova,this mini lp is very hard to find,50 euro or more.
Last edited by Nonseinormale65 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nonseinormale65

182)Tirrenia Rock Band(aka T.R.B.) -- Love on the rocks(1991,lp on Albatros records)good melodic metal band from Caserta(formed in 1985)recorded two demos and in 1988 they recorded the song Baby Rose in the Hemingbrough castle studios for Ebony/Unrest compilation "Rock meets Metal";after a lot of gigs they recorded the album(very hard to find,70/80 euro or more),but ,as usual for most of the italian bands,they soon disappeared.

183)Tarkus Rock Band -- Black dream/What an out of mind(1981,7" on Saar records)decent hard/metal band from Milano,almost impossible to find!

184)Tegen Hart -- Noise Underground(1990,lp on TH -- private pressing)another band from Milano,formed in the middle of the 80's,after 1988 "Fighting with the fate" demo they self produced an lp in 1990;not well stylistically defined(their music has rock,prog,metal and dark/doom influences),for those who likes Adramelch,Warlord and Black Sabbath(but they were the poor relations! -- a crappy album,IMO!), this lp is quite hard to find(40/50 euro)listen before you buy if you can,someone migth like it,someone not...

185)Tia -- Same(1985,lp on Moon records)good melodic hard/aor band(for those who likes Triump,Toto and Foreigner)from Vicenza,this lp is becoming hard to find(30 euro or more).
Nonseinormale65

186)Tombstone -- Rotten Power(1991,mini lp on Parsifal records),formed in Firenze in 1988 this band played a decent heavy metal(quite hard to find,40/50 euro or more);in 1993 they self produced a cd called Nagual(also on mc)and in 1999 they recorded a third full lenght,The Manitou Hill(cd,selfproduced),this band has just reformed.

187)Tossic -- Il regno del cinghiale(1991,lp on Skrotosound,private pressing)good thrash metal band from Pisa,they recorded several demo tape and cds,this is their only vinyl,quite hard to find(50 euro or more),they have bloom and demented lyrics!

188)Tulsa Road -- Give me all tonight/Promises(1991,7" on Livorno Rock,private pressing)good torrid hard/southern band from livorno(ZZ Top metts Molly Hatchet)almost impossible to find.

189)Unreal Terror -- Heavy and Dangerous(1985,4 tks EP,limited to 500 copies,on Bess records) + Hard Incursion(1986,lp on Action Label/Speed Records,1500 copies made),both hard to find,in the EP Mario"The Black" Di Donato(later with Requiem,The Black) played lead guitar,then he left the band and was replaced on the second lp by Giuseppe Continenza(the Metal Archives file is wrong,it claims "The Black" played on both vinyls).

190)Unwelcome Voice -- Kicking Ass(1989,mini lp on Video Star records)born as Bloody Axe in Genova in 1987,after a demo they changed monicker and won a battle of the band/contest(and i still wonder how!!!) signing a deal for this mini lp;one of the worst band ever come from Italy(imo :wink: ),they played indecently and crappily thrash metal;this lp is almost impossible to find(like all others Video Star releases,as Morgana and Crystal Phoenix),only for hardcore fans and completist of Italian Metal.
Nonseinormale65

191)Upset Noise -- Nothing more to be said(1987,lp on Hageland records,reissued in 1988 on T.V.O.R. On Vinyl records) + Growing Pain(1990,mini lp on T.V.O.R) + Come to Daddy(1993,lp and cd on GLC/EMI)born as an hardcore/punk band in Trieste(with a self produced split 7" called "Vi Odio" in 1984 together with Warfare,another italian punk band,and a second self produced 7" called "Disperazione Nevrotica" in 1985)later with the first album changed sound playing good thrash metal/crossover punk.

192)Uraniah -- Peccatore/Sinergia del Male(1987,7" on Dig It International,note that side b is instrumental)decent melodic metal band from Milano formed in 1984 with former members from Bloody Skizz and Hocculta,very hard to find!

193)Vanadium -- We want live.../Heavy Metal(1982,7" on Mister/Durium) + Metal Rock(1982,lp on Durium) + A race with the devil(1983,lp on Durium) + Game Over(1984,lp on Durium) + Live On Streets Of Danger(1985,lp on Durium) + Born To Fight(1986,lp on Durium) + Corruption of Innocence(1987,mc and lp on Durium) + Seventh Heaven(1989,cd and lp on Green Line) + Nel Cuore del Caos(1995,mc and cd on N.A.R. records).

194)Vanexa -- Same(1983,lp on Disco In/Durium -- there are three different version,the artwork is the same but the colours are different;the last song is "Rainbow In The Night" and not "Rainbow In The Dark" as stated on Metal Archives),quite hard to find(50/60 euro or more) + Back From The Ruins(1988,mc and gatefold lp on Minotauro records,easy to find,10/15 euro) + 1979/1980(2009,lp and cd on Jolly Roger Records,it includes early demos and live gigs,and if anyone, while listening "Lasciami Stare" will notice the similarities with Saxon's "Never Surrender" is good to know that Vanexa gave them a copy of the demo after a gig in Italy...).
Nonseinormale65

195)Verde Bianco Rosso(aka VBR,they took their name from the colours of the italian flag,Green,White and Red and were a fascist/OI! band) -- Europa(1989,lp on Rebelles Europeens) + Bionda,Rossa e Nera/Fiera di te(1990,7" on Rebelles Europeens) + Padroni del Mondo(1991,lp on Rebelles Europeens),formed in Aosta in 1986 (from the ashes of a Punk/OI! band)VBR soon recorded a first demo(Padroni della Città,7 tracks-- 1986)and two years later a live demo(Adunata! ,5 tracks-- 1988) and also a demo compilation called !1986/1988(1988.11 tracks)and so they signed a deal with the french label Rebelles Europeens(a label specialized in OI!/Metal and fascist/racists bands);they also recorded four tracks for the compilation "Debout Vol.2"(1988,Rebelles Europeens)and three tracks for "Debout Vol.5(1992,Rebelles Europeens);from 1989 on they also attended to several tape and vinyl compilation and splitted up at the end of 1992;all VBR's discography is very hard(or almost)impossible to find,rumors says that the band is searching a label to reissue the old stuff,you can listen VBR on the tube or on www.myspace.com/verdebiancorosso

196)Vortex -- Her Night/Smile(198? release date is uncertain,the band split at the beginning of 1984 -- Lucky Studio records,private pressing)mysterious young quartet from Lecco(they had a mean age of 15 years,in the orrible cover the members were wearing sweaters and blouses :shock: )with a melodic approach to HM(a Scorpions wannabe band...);impossible to find,only for ultra hardcore fanatics and completists of Italian Metal,this was a crappy band with crappy sound and production...

197)Warhead -- The black radio(1986,mini lp on Warhead,private pressing,quite easy to find,15/20 euro) + X-mas bop(1987,7" red vinyl only,500 copies made,featuring P.Chain,on Warhead,private pressing,hard to find,25/35 euro) + One More Time In Jail(1989,7" on Warhead/Mosca records,private pressing)good thrashcore band from Terni,after splitting up in 1990,the band reformed in 1993 and recorded two cd in 1998 and 2007(they are still active) in a stoner/doom mood.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:196)Vortex -- Her Night/Smile(198? release date is uncertain,the band split at the beginning of 1984 -- Lucky Studio records,private pressing)mysterious young quartet from Lecco(they had a mean age of 15 years,in the orrible cover the members were wearing sweaters and blouses :shock:
Got the pic? :D
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

In the 'spirit' of this great thread I'm listening to the Paul Chain Relative Tapes this afternoon...
Nonseinormale65

Black Axe wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:196)Vortex -- Her Night/Smile(198? release date is uncertain,the band split at the beginning of 1984 -- Lucky Studio records,private pressing)mysterious young quartet from Lecco(they had a mean age of 15 years,in the orrible cover the members were wearing sweaters and blouses :shock:
Got the pic? :D
Not now(i will be back home at the end of september :wink: ).