Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:This one is of course 100% original with a proper Capitol JAX matrix. And this only confirms, that the other version which looks like 100% boot is a boot. A very common one.
So there is two different bootlegs? Oh and pricekillers sold another one to me.
If there are 3 Survive boots maybe there are two Drive boots. I don't know what exactly your research results were so I can't relate to them, but I think you will be the first to admit that the look of the CD has everything to do with the boots (error in matrix, matrix font, shades and stains on the silver layer) and nothing to with any known legit press from that time.
akira

Post by akira »

Red cd, the one I have, is official cd. This is not a boot
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

I have the red one as well. Bought back in the day.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

akira wrote:Red cd, the one I have, is official cd. This is not a boot
No one said it was...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:This one is of course 100% original with a proper Capitol JAX matrix. And this only confirms, that the other version which looks like 100% boot is a boot. A very common one.
So there is two different bootlegs? Oh and pricekillers sold another one to me.
If there are 3 Survive boots maybe there are two Drive boots. I don't know what exactly your research results were so I can't relate to them, but I think you will be the first to admit that the look of the CD has everything to do with the boots (error in matrix, matrix font, shades and stains on the silver layer) and nothing to with any known legit press from that time.
Did you find out about the Nuclear Assault - Survive disc?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

For Anesthesia: As Ben said, it's decent, but nothing spectacular. It seems that many copies come with a huge corner cut. I got $60 for mine on ebay after a bidding war between 2 bidders, for a copy with a huge cornet cut + water damaged booklet ;) (I believe that was before the band got listed on M-A, which made it more cult :lol: ) There's one copy at musicstack right now for 12€, also with a corner cut.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote: Did you find out about the Nuclear Assault - Survive disc?
No news other than posted here, apart from the fact that the original is - I hope - on it's way to me ;) But I thought that all doubts have been dismissed.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote: Did you find out about the Nuclear Assault - Survive disc?
No news other than posted here, apart from the fact that the original is - I hope - on it's way to me ;) But I thought that all doubts have been dismissed.
Was the disc that you posted pictures of the one that you are waiting to arrive?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I had It, but I returned it for it was a boot, I don't think there are any doubts. Now I'm waiting for the other one.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:I had It, but I returned it for it was a boot, I don't think there are any doubts. Now I'm waiting for the other one.
How did you know it was a bootleg?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:I had It, but I returned it for it was a boot, I don't think there are any doubts. Now I'm waiting for the other one.
It looked like one... and the discussion on this board convinced me.

When there are two identical releases with identical matrix text, but one has different matrix font (which does not resemble anything known as original) then it is most likely not original.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
It looked like one... and the discussion on this board convinced me.

When there are two identical releases with identical matrix text, but one has different matrix font (which does not resemble anything known as original) then it is most likely not original.
I would agree, but I don't recall that information being made public in that thread. Care you link me to that thread again since, I can't seem to find it?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

it is all here: http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... 6381#96381

..and you also took part in the discussion ;)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:it is all here: http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... 6381#96381

..and you also took part in the discussion ;)
Yes, I remember the discussion, I just couldn't find it.

My question is, how do you know that the bottom photo is one of the original?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

The font type and the "etching" (print type and quality) just looks similar to other CDs pressed at the time, whilist the other one resembles nothing I know.

Look at your Shok Paris "Steel And Starlight" CD for example. the matrix looks identical to the Survive press I call original. That's enough for me.