"complete" collections

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Re: "complete" collections

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:
DaN wrote:Finally I can boast about "The Complete SLAYERs Collection!"
slayers.jpg
Excuse my pedantism, :roll: , but Slayer had only a "Show no mercy" LP????
I thought the Texas Slayer had another album as well plus a Split Bootleg between both Slayer bands.
I'm pretty sure he's just displaying one record from each band sharing that same moniker...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

(doG I've missed some good ol' records boasting...)

Finally, the complete D&S Records compilations collection :D
ds-comps.jpg
ds-comps.jpg (111.09 KiB) Viewed 6457 times
Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm (doG I've missed some good ol' records boasting...)

Finally, the complete D&S Records compilations collection :D

ds-comps.jpg

Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
great photo, great comps. It sucks I'm missing one of the "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" lps...
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Apologies for the quality...
Two versions of the 1st volume of "Best of..." LP, the known red and a more obscure variant, very dark red, almost black in colour
DaN wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
Nope, never seen it
Attachments
DS.jpg
DS.jpg (188.86 KiB) Viewed 6411 times
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Another "FINALLY!": All vinyls of one of the finest and most underrated Power Metal bands of the 80's:
alvacast.jpg
alvacast.jpg (163.57 KiB) Viewed 5962 times
Ok, so the Argentinian version of "Inocente.." is missing, but there's a couple of other albums I don't have in any pressing I'd rather spend the +€100 on...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

congratulations! I am still looking for their 1st LP at a resonable price :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Out of all ridiculous, contrieved, quasi-hipster, bullshit things I've ever collected, this one takes the cake...
One day before Xmas the Malaysian/Singapore promo-vinyl HM compilations collection finally got complete:
malay-sing-comps.jpg
malay-sing-comps.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
In the pic are also a few splits, since they were sort of marketed as comps/samplers in these countries..

I am now Obscüre Metal God.
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:09 pm Out of all ridiculous, contrieved, quasi-hipster, bullshit things I've ever collected, this one takes the cake...
One day before Xmas the Malaysian/Singapore promo-vinyl HM compilations collection finally got complete:

malay-sing-comps.jpg

In the pic are also a few splits, since they were sort of marketed as comps/samplers in these countries..

I am now Obscüre Metal God.
Wow man that's some really cool stuff. I haven't listened to much Malaysian metal, a friend of mine from Sweden has shown me some Malaysian metal before, but I haven't ventured out into myself. Compilations in general are something I need to dive more into as well, mostly because I find those types of things more fun to listen on physical media than a digital rip, and the record shops here in KY are shite. haha
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The thing I like most about comps is how at their best, you get raw demo-Metal in vinyl form, the finest moment of the early days of the bands - sometimes the only recorded material of a band. Since me & Keir started the 'Compilopedia' many years ago I've grown into a bit of a nut/completist when it comes to 80's Metal comps on LP. In the cathegory where you get at least 1 exclusive non-album track, I think I'm only missing little over a dozen world-wide, most of them from Argentina, Mexico and Japan...
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:52 pm The thing I like most about comps is how at their best, you get raw demo-Metal in vinyl form, the finest moment of the early days of the bands - sometimes the only recorded material of a band. Since me & Keir started the 'Compilopedia' many years ago I've grown into a bit of a nut/completist when it comes to 80's Metal comps on LP. In the cathegory where you get at least 1 exclusive non-album track, I think I'm only missing little over a dozen world-wide, most of them from Argentina, Mexico and Japan...
Nice, I'll be sure to read the 'Compilopedia' and check some things out.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

NWN reissues + bastard priest's tees made for a new & improved updated boastin' pic:
magnit-collection.jpg
magnit-collection.jpg (208.86 KiB) Viewed 165 times
No CDs included tho'...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Nice Magnit collection there Dan! The recent reissues are top!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:47 pm NWN reissues + bastard priest's tees made for a new & improved updated boastin' pic:
magnit-collection.jpg
Wow, beautiful. And these shirts are ... real. Checked out NWN page, so yeah. And nah, am not putting that on the list. Nah.
I am ... the One you warned me of