Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:I would suggest to all you guys to block on ebay this chinese scam artist: thrasher1101 aka metalkreatormuxi aka driver19880224 (yes it's always him)

Apparently, he always does the same trick (look at his feedbacks, there are PLENTY like this), buy a rare cd/lp, say that "it doesn't play" or it's in "bad shape", pretending a refund or else he would leave a negative (feedback extortion), and then open paypal dispute to have all money back.

Ebay has already blocked him as a seller ... we all need to block him as a buyer too :evil:
Don't know if they are the same guy, but I can say that I sold like 20+ CDs to them combined and never had problems*. They all use different names and delivery addresses.

* - driver19880224 didn't pay for his last purchase from me, so he is blocked.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

They could be "friends" then (like kreator with momojuro), lots of shill bidding occuring ... once I lost to "driver19880224" a cd on open auction, and "thrasher1101" relisted the very same cd again the day after, with an higher buy it now price ! He also says his name is "Chris" (chinese guy with that name ?).

I had to open a dispute for my selling too because he wasn't paying either, he started to pretend a 15$ discount (why does he buy a cd for an certain price when he actually doesn't want to pay that sum ?!), I refused so he said he didn't want the cd anymore, I replied ok, get lost ... but instead he paid the day before the escalation of the NPB dispute.

Then, when he received the cd he started to complain that it's not mint, it has 'euphotic scratches' (whatever it means !) and wanted a 15$ refund (again) or else he would leave negative (feedback extortion ftw !) and open a paypal dispute.
I obviously replied negatively so he opened the dispute, writing that "the cd does not play" ! How come he was willing to keep a cd that "does not play" as long as I give him 15$ back ? Obviously it's all bullshits...

As i pointed out before, he is a seller too, but his account has been limited since a week (0 cds listed instead of the usual 1500 or more), and the funny thing is that he accuses me that I reported him :lol: (for what ?! The truth is that he probably didn't pay his seller fees or he just got 3 NPB strikes ...)

This situation is a clear retaliation, the cd is fine, it plays 100% well, and anyway was listed as "Very Good", not "Like New" (it looked much better than my own copy btw !). Block this scumbag, no more words needed.
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

Careful with this buyer on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/sasha_forever . Peru is.
I bought a vinyl, paid, he sent.
He said he had not come to him in perfect condition.
My policy on ebay is not returning, but eventually accepted the return.
Reimburse the money, plus i paid the shipping to return it to me.
And now i do not return. He stayed with vinyl, with the money to pay you, and shipping costs that sent you. I write and do not answer me.
Ebay and Paypal do not want to know anything about it, since the return of vinyl off ebay.
So buyer beware if this buys you something.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

You should never refund before the item is back in your hands... plus the buyer has to pay the shipping costs, not you. Next time don't be so naive, always refuse so he must go through paypal dispute, then the whole transaction is controlled by them until the very last step.
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

It never happened.
So like a fool, i will immediately reimburse you.
Khnud

Re:

Post by Khnud »

runningwild wrote:Careful with this buyer on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/sasha_forever . Peru is.
I bought a vinyl, paid, he sent.
He said he had not come to him in perfect condition.
My policy on ebay is not returning, but eventually accepted the return.
Reimburse the money, plus i paid the shipping to return it to me.
And now i do not return. He stayed with vinyl, with the money to pay you, and shipping costs that sent you. I write and do not answer me.
Ebay and Paypal do not want to know anything about it, since the return of vinyl off ebay.
So buyer beware if this buys you something.
Sasha_forever used to be called japanrarehunter in the past. It's the same ID. According to ebay the user is from the US, not Peru.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Re: Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Post by Khnud »

I recently sold an item to a Canadian ebayer called bandersnark. He didn't ask for registered shipping so it was sent with regular mail. One day after "expected delivery date" he opens a dispute with Paypal claiming the LP hasn't arrived yet, and three seconds later (literally!) escalates it to a claim and wants all his money back. And since I had no tracking # I had to issue a full refund. After googling his user ID and checking his feedback carefully I found out he's done this on more than one occasion before. Don't send anything to him unless he pays for registered shipping!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

This month i also happened to me.
Mail Greece is much delayed. The Greek SEVIE.TZTZ ebay, buyer paid me for registered mail, vinyl arrived in Greece, but not moved from where came. The buyer quickly elevated him to paypal dispute, and then to claim. I sent proof of delivery to Paypal, but as he had been a month since i sent him, gave reason to the buyer. And i repay the money. I can now claim if you get the package in 10 days, but it comes. I lost money and vinyl. Mail in Greece sucks.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I don't really understand the post above, but here's my two cents anyway. If you sent with tracking ID, Paypal should side with you in a dispute. If the item has arrivd in Greece (and your tracking ID proves it), but still doesn't arrive, you're entitled to compensation from your Post Office.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

Yes. But it is a vinyl 170 euros, and will received compensation 40 euros. :x
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

Beware this Greek.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/sevie.tztz?_trk ... 1561.l2754

I bought a single, 165$. I send with registered number. At 15 days open dispute on paypal, shipping sending proof, but it seems that the package is stopped since a few days ago in Greece. As he says he still does not reach out, ask them to return the money, paypal, it forces me to be given back.
I get in contact with the Greek postal service, and tells me that they have technical problems with the tracking number, so do not move, but the buyer already received the single several days ago.
Greek postal service, sent me the proof that the buyer had collected. I contacted paypal and they say they can do nothing, already returned the money. I contact him and ask him. I talked to the Greek, and tells me that i do not return anything.
And you phoned paypal, and paypal say they called the Greek hung up the phone.
So i am left with no money and no single.
Here you have the leadership of the Greek so that you have care.

SEVASTI TZELOU
KOUROUPAKI 5
71306 IRAKLIO - CRETE - HELLAS.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

seems you even cannot give negative feedback.

makes me wonder how you guys take a lot of risk ... but I guess there aren't much alternatives.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Manta

Post by Manta »

Seems like drgoon_jpn is at it again?

Can anybody prove he's shill bidding or just the market has gone ridiculously up (I know EBay is very fickle).
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

lunaboy wrote:http://www.discogs.com/sell/buyer_feedb ... talspeed10

Never paying for records. Avoid.
Isn't that Ryür here on TheCorroseum?

There are at least 5 other Discogs accounts starting with crystalspeed and then a number. I'm assuming they're all connected.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight