Atom God - History Re-Written (1991)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Re: Atom God - History Re-Written (1991)

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:00 pm Cheers for another meaty factsheet, Kit! Some artist connections were familiar to me, some not. The NECROPOLIS-connection completely slipped me by. This Death Metal version of the old AG tune "Cesspit" isn't completely awful, though I still prefer the Voivod'y one on "History..
Glad my rambling musings were of some interest DaN.
Seems Judge Trev Thoms went on quite the musical oddessy over the years, there can't be too many musicians who went from playing psych in the 60s to death metal in the 90s.
I'm probably in the minority in preferring the Atom Gods debut over 'History...', but i'm finding it has a certain undefinable quality that's kept me going back to it. The Necropolis connection is interesting but to me the music is far less appealing, i just never could get on board with those cookie monster style vocals.
Oh, and the Kofi Baker/Smokin Roadie connection ( i knew there was one!) was through a late 80s band called The Now which featured Kofi alongside 2 former SR members. Unfortunately their album was horrible AOR fluff from start to finish.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

DaN wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:00 pm Cheers for another meaty factsheet, Kit! Some artist connections were familiar to me, some not. The NECROPOLIS-connection completely slipped me by. This Death Metal version of the old AG tune "Cesspit" isn't completely awful, though I still prefer the Voivod'y one on "History.."

[youtube]Ywn3zXlyVxU[/youtube]
Man, I tried so many times to like that Necropolis album because the idea of a bunch of NWOBHM old farts playing Death Metal was pretty interesting, and I loved the cover. But it's just a pretty bad album, there's no way around it.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

It turns out that Atom God's Trev Thoms & Steve Clarke also appear on at least 2 of the 3 (?) albums released by the NWOBHM 'supergroup' True Brits. Those albums were endlessly repackaged & re-titled for different markets, so it's difficult to pin down the details of their contributions without having the discs to look at. Algy Ward appears too, but i've no idea if they're all on the same song or songs. I've not heard those albums for many a long year, but i don't recall them being very good & i'm sure they leant much more toward AOR rather than anything NWOBHM sounding, so the possibility of there perhaps being an Atom God(s) sounding track lurking on there seems slim.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.