80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Maybe another thing would be to compile sites with cut outs from newspapers/mags etc of bands eg. Six Point Six clippings
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

That's a great idea making a column with zines.
I 've got loads of them like Kick Ass,Metal Mania,Whiplash,Metal Rendezvous,Poweline,Amplified Assault,Blackthorn,Enfer,Midwest Militia,Dark Age,Escape and so on.But no time to scan now.I will keep it in mind though for the near future.
Hail
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The fanzines-page is now up. Only 7 titles so far, but hopefully more will follow. Ideas/feedback/contributions are much welcomed.

I'm hijacking the thread for this purpose and moving it to WMOD.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great work again, cheers!!

I downloaded "Eclats de Metal". Will give feedback later on. Keep them coming. :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Sentinel wrote:Great work again, cheers!!

I downloaded "Eclats de Metal". Will give feedback later on. Keep them coming. :D
It's in French of course, haha, damn. Will try another one.
Long Live The Loud !!!
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

AWESOME! THANKS!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

big mouth wrote:AWESOME! THANKS!
...and in 20 years or so I'll guess I'll start with Snakepit :wink:

@Sten: You're in luck - 3 of those zines are written in Dutch and more will follow.

Actually my only concern at the moment is that I don't have access to any more English ones. There's a pile of one or 2 dozen zines at a friends place that I'm going to add in the following months, but they're all written in Eurobabble. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I think more English ones would widen the appeal of this thing...
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

...and in 20 years or so I'll guess I'll start with Snakepit
Haha! Hopefully Dan I'll still be around at 65 and continue kicking ass with REAL Metal! :D
Rick

Post by Rick »

I can't seem to be able to download the zines for some reason. Still, here is a Metal Meltdown, nr. 4, 1987. I have a few at home I can scan when I have the time (not sure when that's going to be!). I have many in portuguese, but those will be less interesting I guess.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rzwzy3m1kz
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Rick wrote:I can't seem to be able to download the zines for some reason. Still, here is a Metal Meltdown, nr. 4, 1987. I have a few at home I can scan when I have the time (not sure when that's going to be!). I have many in portuguese, but those will be less interesting I guess.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rzwzy3m1kz
Thanx a lot man. I will add it this weekend, with credits of course. Portugese zines are of interest too - any languages are - so feel free to scan them when you have the time and I'll add them. (150dpi, full color)

Feck, I noticed uploadmirrors.com is down.. not good. If it's not back until tomorrow I'm filing them under "unreliable services" and will reupload all zines to a different host.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The download links seem to work now, but that was way too long downtime for comfort. I'll keep an eye on them and if this happens again sometime soon I'll change to a different service.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Headbanger Mag looks very familiar to me. Great Witch Killer review. I really wish that demo will be reissued someday.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Rick

Post by Rick »

I did manage to download them all meanwhile, thanks a lot!

Here's the 26th issue of Portugal's best fanzine back in the eighties, 'Renascimento do Metal'. This issue is written in English. Please add to the credits that it was scanned by Coragem (good friend of mine). Hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jm0nmnnezez/rm26.zip
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Rick wrote:Here's the 26th issue of Portugal's best fanzine back in the eighties, 'Renascimento do Metal'. This issue is written in English. Please add to the credits that it was scanned by Coragem (good friend of mine). Hope you like it.
Added to the page, together with Metal Meltdown.

RdM was a cool read and just about enough classic HM/Thrash to qualify (ADRAMELCH!). If you have any more issues, don't hesitate to scan them - especially earlier ones.

(I've also added some more comps..)
Rick

Post by Rick »

Here are 'Deathcore' 1 and 2 ('85 + '86) from Toronto.
Some fine interviews here. Loved the Slayer one for instance.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddy1mvjngmg

http://www.mediafire.com/?ekzzmquzkmv

I have a scan of Blackthorn number 2 from Denmark. But I can't really tell whether it's a magazine or a fanzine. Is it eligible?