Gather ye all musicians of the Corroseum forum ...

When mere Metal consumerism is not enough - a forum for musicians and their trinkets.
Noisenik

Gather ye all musicians of the Corroseum forum ...

Post by Noisenik »

... and non-musicians, too.

Welcome!

Thanks to Administructor Back To The Weapons is now watching the light of the day.

This area of Corroseum forum has been made for all those who have some aspirations in creating of Metal music that sounds decidedly "eightiesish", and others, that are lacking such aspirations (but might gather them over the time).

I plan it will cover all important aspects of music making (playing techniques, theory, equipment (both instruments and amplifiers, effects, etc.), tabulatures, and whatnot without which we could hardly experience all going-ons on our favourite tonträgers.

I expect it will be far from boring.

Being musician myself (not all-knowing), I count on all users that are active in this field, and also on those that are at least partially interested about how music and especially Metal is made. At the end, I think, every Corroseumer could participate.

For slow but sure inauguration, let me know what do you think about reinforcement of 80's sounding Metal music.

My strong opinion is that we should hear more cool and variable music we like. Agree?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

didn't know where to put it but yeah,

Noisenik wishes all Corroseum users Heavy Metallic New Year 2007, full of successful hunting and accumulation of hundreds of worthwhile releases!

Go vinyleaters!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

All the best :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

im a "musician" but i play by ear and feeling (which is th emost important in metal) nothing to technically, i played bass for StrikeMaster, right now playing rythm guitars for Voltax, check them on myspace,pure 80`s style!
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Yaeh,i'm a guitarist(at least i try to be).Never took any lessons
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
marouco

Post by marouco »

I try to play guitar in my spanish band Omission.
As I moved to Lisbon probably i'll have a new band but more Heavy Metal with some Ironsword fuckers...let's see if I learn how to play :D
The_Real_Mordred

Post by The_Real_Mordred »

marouco wrote:I try to play guitar in my spanish band Omission.
As I moved to Lisbon probably i'll have a new band but more Heavy Metal with some Ironsword fuckers...let's see if I learn how to play :D
And not only Ironsword fuckers :evil:
In any case, since the other guitarist plays worse than you, you're pretty much ok :lol: :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Just keep on pushing, practice shouldn't fail.
Rick

Post by Rick »

You play amazingly well, you bastard! Don't be so modest.
The_Real_Mordred

Post by The_Real_Mordred »

Noisenik wrote:
Just keep on pushing, practice shouldn't fail.
Are you kidding??? This is one of those typical "oh-I-can't-play-boo-hoo" and then he shows up on the rehearsals and rips it up in such a way that everybody else just wants to pack the stuff and go home in shame!
marouco

Post by marouco »

You're so kind....that's why we have friends :lol: ...my ego right now is all over the world trying to play those riffs that you created (the real mordred) and then rip them off into music :lol: :lol: :lol: ....my ego
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

even virtuosos have to practice :P
marouco

Post by marouco »

Noisenik wrote:even virtuosos have to practice :P
naaaa...we prefer to drink and smoke and play 1 week before any recordings just to have some velocity the rest is the rest....if I was a virtuoso :lol: :lol:
deadhedned

Post by deadhedned »

I realized years ago I'd never be a thrashing virtuoso on guitar, so I said hell with it and started playing bass....13 years later still playing and can get into a band a lot easier as everyone is always either looking for bass or drums!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

marouco wrote:
Noisenik wrote:even virtuosos have to practice :P
naaaa...we prefer to drink and smoke and play 1 week before any recordings just to have some velocity the rest is the rest....if I was a virtuoso :lol: :lol:
I am a virtuoso, and I don't drink or smoke, or play the guitar. I have my guitar in a display case knowing that if I picked it up and started playing it would sound awesome. But I don't.