The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

A little bit of trivia. Mike Varney told me about 7 years ago that the vocalist on the GUILT - Down To The City track on U.S. Metal Vol. IV 1984 is Chuck Billy from Testament.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

descarga norte side 2 b02-antimilitar has the metalucifer riff from 'heavy metal hunter' 8 years before metalucifer
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Keir

Post by Keir »

omen of hate wrote:
DaN wrote:
omen of hate wrote:How many comps do you plan to review ?
We'll keep going until they run out or we get tired of looking for them, whatever comes first. With the inclusion of 'mixed comps' I guess the first option isn't an option.
Wow ! It seems to be an endless quest then ...
Indeed! I have about 50 or so more in my collection to do, with new ones coming in all the time (I am waiting on 4 right now).

Regarding the ratings, I need to check some of the first ones I did because I’m sure I rated them high compared to others.
doomedplanet wrote:A little bit of trivia. Mike Varney told me about 7 years ago that the vocalist on the GUILT - Down To The City track on U.S. Metal Vol. IV 1984 is Chuck Billy from Testament.
Wow! Listening to that track again I can hear it, though it is still surprising to hear him sing with that sort of music.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:A little bit of trivia. Mike Varney told me about 7 years ago that the vocalist on the GUILT - Down To The City track on U.S. Metal Vol. IV 1984 is Chuck Billy from Testament.
Exactly the kind of extra trivia we're looking for, cheers! Page updated.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Fast Forward To Hell was also released as a cassette, seems to be a bit more rare

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/408241

is that something to add?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:Fast Forward To Hell was also released as a cassette, seems to be a bit more rare

No! Cassettes aren't records, silly :lol:

Seriously though, keeping up with which LPs have been released on tape or not is too much extra work. Not too interesting a format imo. But more tape-only releases will probably be added in the future...
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:Fast Forward To Hell was also released as a cassette, seems to be a bit more rare

Seriously though, keeping up with which LPs have been released on tape or not is too much extra work. Not too interesting a format imo. But more tape-only releases will probably be added in the future...
Except if the cassette version is different than the LP! For example, the reason I haven't finished my review of Just'in Power yet is that I'm trying to find out what the 4 bonus tracks on the cassette are. Anyone???
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've read this yesterday afternoon. Very interesting, I was impressed by the amount of work it sould have been !! :shock: Once again, hats off to Mr Dan & Mr Keir !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:
DaN wrote:

Except if the cassette version is different than the LP! For example, the reason I haven't finished my review of Just'in Power yet is that I'm trying to find out what the 4 bonus tracks on the cassette are. Anyone???
Yes, to clarify: bonus tracks on cassette and CD-versions of V/A LPs definitely needs to be included. For instance, NRR seem to have had a couple of those so please let us know if we've missed to mention any of them.

More updates!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Only one mess-up: clicking on the thumbnail for WCMF 96.5: Homegrown VI links to the wrong cover image. Other than that, brilliant work. Ta!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Only one mess-up: clicking on the thumbnail for WCMF 96.5: Homegrown VI links to the wrong cover image. Other than that, brilliant work. Ta!
Admnstrctr drunkntired yet still fix... ta' for headsup! I sleep safe now..
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yeah, so I couldn't stay away from this compilation project and have a couple of CD corrections. More to follow when I have time to go through all the entries that have CD pressings...

Metal Massacre V - First CD pressing was licensed to Steamhammer in 1988 and released as part of the "CD-MID-PRICE SERIE". The 1994 Metal Blade pressing is the second CD press.

Metal Massacre VI - First CD pressing was licensed to Steamhammer in 1988 and released as part of the "CD-MID-PRICE SERIE". The 1994 Metal Blade pressing is the second CD press.

Also, one other tiny correction. Metal Massacre IX when in the list of album links reads "Metal Massacre IX", however, after you click the link that takes you to the album's page the title reads "Metal Massacre Nine" without the roman numerals.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:Yeah, so I couldn't stay away from this compilation project and have a couple of CD corrections. More to follow when I have time to go through all the entries that have CD pressings...

Metal Massacre V - First CD pressing was licensed to Steamhammer in 1988 and released as part of the "CD-MID-PRICE SERIE". The 1994 Metal Blade pressing is the second CD press.

Metal Massacre VI - First CD pressing was licensed to Steamhammer in 1988 and released as part of the "CD-MID-PRICE SERIE". The 1994 Metal Blade pressing is the second CD press.
Pages updated, thanx.

Also, one other tiny correction. Metal Massacre IX when in the list of album links reads "Metal Massacre IX", however, after you click the link that takes you to the album's page the title reads "Metal Massacre Nine" without the roman numerals.
Fixed for consistency. Cheers again.