Dio-Holy Diver Remaster

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
odin

Dio-Holy Diver Remaster

Post by odin »

If this is in the wrong area dan please move it, I found this review after hearing an increased heaviness of the holy diver remaster,It was quite weird as I heard the original lacked power, I didn't have the same problem the describe about the tracks fading out though.

"I did side by side comparisons with the original CD, the HD remastered tracks from the Stand Up And Shout anthology, and the new remaster. I don't have, nor have heard, the Japanese 2002 remaster. The new remaster, not surprisingly, blows away the original CD. The SUAS remastered tracks from HD had a bit more "punch" and clarity than the original CD. The new remaster, thankfully, is the best of the three for one main reason. It has much improved bottom end (low end, bass). HD no longer sounds like i'm listening to only the midrange and tweeter on my $700 JBL speakers. The only downside, and this is a minor one, is that for some reason, most of the songs that fade out at the end, in the last 10 seconds or so, deteriorate a lot in quality. The high end disappears first, and then the last few seconds literally go "in and out", like turning the volume all the way down, and then back up again. If you're playing the CD at low volume though, you won't even notice since it's in the last 10 seconds of the songs fading out. The liner notes are pretty cool, and it has Ronnie's handwritten lyrics for the song HD. I wish it had the lyrics for all the songs though, which i've never seen in official format. Overall, if you appreciate improved audio quality, then buying the new remaster is definitely worth it."