Metal Treasures/Metalpage

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Metal Treasures/Metalpage

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I remember before 3-4 years(at this time i was 17years old) when i browsed Metal Treasures and looked some strange Lp's.The most bands where then new to me and i was very enthusiastic at this time.I made also some prints of the Metal Treasures pages which i have also till today reading them from time to time.The fact that the reviews were written in German never bothered me because i knew German fluently.I prefered the reviews to be written in German than in English(German for me is more easy to express your feelings and also better language) so Metal Treasures were a Metal oasis in the Internet at this time gaining infos about mysterious and very attractive bands to me.I am glad(not like others) that Metal Treasures continued (as Metalpage)the reviews and the site enriching it with interviews and other sections.I liked also that the Metalpage gives also oportunity to some mid-90's or new releases which are close to the 80's sound.I haven't yet made nor a review neither a collectors profile but sometime i hope i'll do.I liked among other reviewers especially Andreas Müller and Charly Kogler.Were are these guys now?I remembered the most Austrian reviews were made by Charly Kogler(which he were Austrian) i wish he made sometime an Austrian Metal site :wink:

The review to STORMWAVE'S-Heroes Of The Night was so....wrong.Fuck whatever. :roll:
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Andreas Müller sold his collection. Not sure if he still is into HM.

Charly Kogler had many personal problems which where the reason for him to quit METAL-TREASURES. I dont want to talk about his personal stuff. Fact is he moved away from where he lived (which was in my neighbourhood, 30 min. drive w/car), sold all his collection and totally quit with metal. He also burned all bridges, stopped all contact with all his metal-friends "overnight" and just vanished. His sudden departure dissappointed many ppl. and made some of his friends angry.
He still listens to HM and occassionally visits concerts but he's not a collector anymore, he sold all his records/CDs/Demos/Zines, everything...
I only see him once in a while now, he is doing great again, he just left his Metal past behind :(
Still a great guy :)
We praise the blood that metal brings
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Wow...Collectors quiting Metal this way...quite embarassing i'd say...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Wow...Collectors quiting Metal this way...quite embarassing i'd say...
True. I know they both had very good reasons to quit. At least in their own eyes...

In all the years I have seen many ppl. sell their collections. Be it because they needed money, got married, got children, got a new job, had no time, whatever...
What I can say is, even if it may sound pathetic, if you once had the METAL in your heart, it just doesn't go away again! You are lost.
Most of those ppl. did regret selling their stuff sooner or later, either condemning themselves or starting again from scratch (and that always gets more expensive as you all know). Both very painful, so guard well your STEEL and don't ever sell it!!!
If you dont have time enough to listen or are just tired of it, take a break, but never ever forever give it away! You'll cry later, trust me. They all do.
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Leaving the metal past behind :( :?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

What!!!!!! :( :? After i reading your message Roman i looked again at their profiles in
Metalpage and they saied the same praising words about fave metal bands as all of us.Why happened this?Is this a common phenomenon outside of Greece? Here the collectors usually stay till their hair is gone and teeths have fallen :lol:Yes it is quite embarrasing as John said.And i wondered once how these fucking rare out of print LPs(Dark Knight,Heathens Rage,Medieval Steel etc) recirculating again..... :roll:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

OmenOfSteel wrote:if you once had the METAL in your heart, it just doesn't go away again! You are lost.
The BIG truth. No need to write even one more sentence.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I know some people doing the same thing: guite metal, sell everything. Some did it because they got married, others just wanted something else like listening to RAP or TRANCE :shock: . Well It's everybody's own decision, but for me, I can't imagine a life without this great music. I'm listening to Rock/Metal my whole life and it's still getting more. Thanks to great sites like this I can still explore the real underground, I just can't turn my back against it and I never will...
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The Sentinel wrote:I know some people doing the same thing: guite metal, sell everything. Some did it because they got married, others just wanted something else like listening to RAP or TRANCE :shock: . Well It's everybody's own decision, but for me, I can't imagine a life without this great music. I'm listening to Rock/Metal my whole life and it's still getting more. Thanks to great sites like this I can still explore the real underground, I just can't turn my back against it and I never will...
Yes you are right but here we talk not about the guy who just listened to metal for 2 years and collected 100 CDS and suddenly he said i found better things to do,here we talk about two high-class-super-collectors with years behind their back which were Vorbild for their reviews for all of us and as a matter of fact hearing such news is quite embarassing.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I know but I was talking in general :wink:
Long Live The Loud !!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Usually the problem is money or some serious problem person cannot overcome. Or it is sudden attack of boredom. or one suddenly sees that he aged. It's important not to listen to one genre only. Getting children is almost a guarantee for some changes in worldview. One my friend (Roman and Stefan (Riermaier) know him) has begot a son and immediately lost his job. As a result he started to sell the least important parts of his CD collection. Then less less important parts. I wish him not to continue that way.

Through the years I learned not to use word "never". You know what I mean. This word often evokes the opposite meanings when it comes to life, i.e. it happens sth that we said it never will. I warn you: Thread with caution.
I am ... the One you warned me of
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

the only good thing about collectors selling their stuff is that one can get something missing. I do that. I have gotten many lps from guys who used to be older than me, and of course, "very metal".

In one point of my life I had to sell lps from my collection to pay university. But I was smart enough to sell those ones which were easier to get, so I never sold hard to find jewels :wink:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Selling your collection and stop listening to metal are two completely different things for me.

"I need money?"

"OK, i'll sell my LEATHER NUNN copy. 1000$ will suffice. If not, i'll sell also my IRON CROSS LP. They're both great and god knows if i'll ever have the chance to obtain them again, but i really NEED some money immediately :cry: :( " Yes, I can understand that.

but

"Fuck, i'm broke and that's all because of metal and my shitty LP collection. Enough. I'll stop listening to this shit immediately" is something else.

Time is and will always be a problem for all of us. You can ''steal'' a little time for the things you really love though. Goddammit no one forced you to listen to such stuff! You do it only for yourself. Not for your wife, not for your children, not for anyone else. You want to take care of yourself, don't you? I hope you know what i mean.

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It's no secret that Metal Treasures was a great inspiration for The Corroseum and as you may know, the oldest reviews on my site were first published there. Like with many others those reviews boosted my curiosity for lost & obscure Metal gems. Ofcourse many titles turned out to be disappointing once I finally got to hear them, but as a whole I owe a lot to Charly & co.

It's a weird thing when people so dedicated to Metal (or anything) suddenly loose their fire like that. Perhaps it has something to do with the 'collector mindset' - I mean, you can't really be that stable to begin with when you're THIS obsessed with anything :lol:

You could see it as a cautinary tale to not let the collector nerd conquer the raving metalhead within.
odin

Post by odin »

I don't like your views on the english language,german is a joke to me,It sounds hilarious when translated into english and lacks descriptive words.