Highest valued metal LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:
HAHAHA..

Maybe I shouldn't do it..
I am having a little problem when I think about this.
How do you unleash 200 single no one has ever heard befor
all at one time? What will happen? how and where should this be handled?
I've been thinking about this too :) Tried winning a couple of your recent items but no luck, and my first thought was, "damn, these are gonna be a lot more expensive after John's book is done" :lol:
BTW, the sound clips you added to those auctions were nice; I bid on the ones I liked the sound of and passed on the ones I didn't care for :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

how do u handle the unknown sevens coming to light? like its warm radioactive material fresh imported from chernobyl!yes i also like Peter dont know and dont care about black metal crap records those people have very different mentality.
but i think the blunt reality is that nothing much will happen,except for people watching for the items on ebay.what else can they do!
and if something hasnt gained notoriety over the years like lord ryur for example did(with obvious recent ''repercussions" on ebay,right john? :D )or ablaze or blackkout or world war three or whatever i really dont think it will go really high.its usually the 'notorious' items that go for loads,and unless the seller makes it notorious by letting us listen to the darn thing first i dont think even the hardcorers will be willing to spend $1000 blindly.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

MassOfKthulu wrote:how do u handle the unknown sevens coming to light? like its warm radioactive material fresh imported from chernobyl!yes i also like Peter dont know and dont care about black metal crap records those people have very different mentality.
but i think the blunt reality is that nothing much will happen,except for people watching for the items on ebay.what else can they do!
and if something hasnt gained notoriety over the years like lord ryur for example did(with obvious recent ''repercussions" on ebay,right john? :D )or ablaze or blackkout or world war three or whatever i really dont think it will go really high.its usually the 'notorious' items that go for loads,and unless the seller makes it notorious by letting us listen to the darn thing first i dont think even the hardcorers will be willing to spend $1000 blindly.
Good point on notoriety. I think a reference like John's book could push some unknown items into the early stages of notoriety. While the prices may not jump into the $1,000 range, I can see some items bringing <$100 pre-book jumping to $100-200 post-book. All it will take is a cool band name and a cool sleeve design to get some people asking, "hey, I saw this cool-looking single in John's book- what's that one sound like?". Someone posts it online, files circulate, and next time it gets listed on ebay, you have 20 people interested in it instead of 2-3.
Note that none of my comments are meant to harsh on John's book, which should be an outstanding reference that I really look forward to purchasing. Still, it could definitely have an effect on the market, much like the 'NWOBHM' cd series and Malc's book did; how many folks added Scratch and Shock Treatment to their want lists after they appeared in those places? Those refs made the items visible to a LOT more people, which planted the seeds for them to become the Notorious items they are today.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Ok This is the wrong place for this but lets see

I wasn't talking about the prices going through the roof with my comments just what are collectors going to think when they get a book and have never heard or even heard of 1/2 the records in there?

Like for example. When Malc did his book it was great, But how many bands were in the book you never heard of 10?20?30?

I think the hype will start on it's own, pretty fast.
In July I will be printing 12 copies of the book (cheaply done copies) for some of the top collectors in this field. They will be complete with all the info but I am doing this to get there feedback/Input before the final Print.

These 12 will contain 4 CDR's with close to 100 bands that I think are unknown for the most part. I will be sending a form with each one for the collectors to fill out and send back telling me what they think of each song (Style.....) I am doing this to make sure I am listing things as the correct style.

The book will contain records from 1978-1990 and cover USA and Canada
Private presses and will have pictures of at least 90% of all records
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

glockose wrote:Dont know if you would be this these days.
last copies I saw sold for 600 & 770

LEGEND - From the Fjords (original, not the boot version)
records could break through the 1.000$ mark.
last copy ive seen sold for 25€ buy it now :lol:
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
nabel

Post by nabel »

The Knell wrote:
glockose wrote:Dont know if you would be this these days.
last copies I saw sold for 600 & 770

LEGEND - From the Fjords (original, not the boot version)
records could break through the 1.000$ mark.
last copy ive seen sold for 25€ buy it now :lol:
Hmm, I bought bootleg version some moons ago for 25$ (or euros) "buy it now".
slayer-bootlegs

Post by slayer-bootlegs »

...mmh...can tell some pices for Slayer boots......

- Fuck The Slayer / first press 530€
- Swine (sold on Ebay) 718€
- Freddy Krueger's Greatest Hits (sold on Ebay) 999$
- NiteMare On Elmstr. 2000€
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Iron Maiden: The Soundhouse Tapes 2050 GBP

You can cut of the last "0" of this one to get a more realistic price. Even the mispress with A labels on both sides didn't sell for half of this.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

slayer-bootlegs wrote: - Freddy Krueger's Greatest Hits (sold on Ebay) 999$
Yeah sucks , Ive seen this nice looking boxset going for 60€ , 4 years ago
I had no clue what it was back then
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm still wondering what WARZWOLF might be worth.
msp

Post by msp »

Khnud wrote:I'm still wondering what WARZWOLF might be worth.
Well on a previous thread someone reckons it would get over $2000 on ebay if it ever came up.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
tomas

Post by tomas »

glockose wrote:In July I will be printing 12 copies of the book (cheaply done copies) for some of the top collectors in this field. They will be complete with all the info but I am doing this to get there feedback/Input before the final Print.

These 12 will contain 4 CDR's with close to 100 bands that I think are unknown for the most part. I will be sending a form with each one for the collectors to fill out and send back telling me what they think of each song (Style.....) I am doing this to make sure I am listing things as the correct style.

Good idea. That way the collector maffia can secure multiple copies of those never heard of items for themselves, before the general public finds out about them, and sell them for big $$$££££££$$$$$ afterwards... :lol:
But does it slay witches?
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

tomas wrote:
glockose wrote:In July I will be printing 12 copies of the book (cheaply done copies) for some of the top collectors in this field. They will be complete with all the info but I am doing this to get there feedback/Input before the final Print.

Good idea. That way the collector maffia can secure multiple copies of those never heard of items for themselves, before the general public finds out about them, and sell them for big $$$££££££$$$$$ afterwards... :lol:
Exactly !!!

But if you want to concider me Mafia, This has already been done.. :wink:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I think many items in the book have not been found in quantity and may not be found for a long time. Also many great singles were found in the 90's and the copies are already in collections and you may only see a copy surface again over the coming decades. I also have a list of 4-5 singles I am searching for that will most likely not be in the book and are completely unknown and I don't even have a copy nor have I heard the music. But I have some of the info so I continue to search for them. It is possible they are not even metal or hard rock since they are unheard of.
tomas wrote:
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Apocalipsis - same minilp (Mex) would be one of those very highly priced albums if the world would know about it... 180 copies survived, and most of them as promos. The production is not very much good but the music kick asses... far better than Paradoxx or Streetchild I must say