Candlemass Chronicles #2 - Epicus Doomicus... - Out now!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mordred

Candlemass Chronicles #2 - Epicus Doomicus... - Out now!

Post by mordred »

Established in 2008, the goal of the Candlemass Chronicles is to write an in depth biography of the band, in the form of magazines. Each issue focuses on one album from the Candlemass catalogue and goes into great detail about the recording process and that particular period of the band's history.

Now issue 2 hath arrived and it is a special one, as it focuses on the all time classic 'Epicus Doomicus Metallicus'. Me and my partners in doom, John Gaffney and Mattias Reinholdsson, have tried hard to deliver a read worthy of the album's legendary status.

Throughout the 36 pages, here is what you get:

* Long, in depth interview with rhythm guitar player Mats "Mappe" Björkman

For the first time ever, extensive interviews with:
* Original drummer Matz Ekström
* Session lead vocalist Johan Langquist
* Session lead guitar player Klas Bergwall
* Original guitar player Kristian Weberyd
* Recording engineer and co producer Ragne Wahlquist

… and several never before seen photos.

Price breakdown:

USA & Canada: USD 8 (postage included)
Rest of the world: USD 10.50 (postage included)

Payment by paypal to: candlemasschronicles@yahoo.com

For questions, use the above e-mail or simply post a reply in this thread.

Special offer! Very limited supply of issue number 1 - ”From the 13th Sun” (24 pages) - still available. Get both issues for USD 12.50 (USA & Canada) or USD 15 (rest of the world). Both prices include postage.

Special notes for Swedish customers: by the end of this week I will have a bunch of Epicus magazines to sell. You can get one directly from me if you'd like to save a few kronor on postage and avoid using paypal.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Will you bring any copies at KIT?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

ION BRITTON wrote:Will you bring any copies at KIT?
I might, if I have any left by then. I will only get 20 or so myself, three are already reserved, I'll keep one myself and two I will give away to people we have interviewed. We print them in the US so it's best for us to sell them from there. It costs about 2 USD per copy to mail them to Sweden, so we hardly make any profit at all on the mags that are mailed to me and I sell from here, and we want to keep a relatively low price. That's why I don't get more copies myself.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I see...Well, if you bring any at KIT, i'd like to have one. No problem paying the price that includes postage even if you give it directly to me hand in hand.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fair enough, it can probably be arranged. But if the price really isn't an issue for you (we wanted to go cheaper, but sorry, we just couldn't) I recommend that you send money through paypal and John will mail you a copy. You will have it in your hands before KIT and you won't risk me running out of copies.

I think I dare say no fan of Candlemass and/or Epicus will be disappointed in this magazine.
Last edited by mordred on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'm getting copies myself. Been working the deal for 5 months now.
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Could you tell me how much two copies + shipping to Europe would be?
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

First issue was great!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Dave_the_Boss wrote:Could you tell me how much two copies + shipping to Europe would be?
Postage would be $13 flat rate PRIORITY MAIL + the mags (don't know the price yet).
mordred

Post by mordred »

Dave_the_Boss wrote:Could you tell me how much two copies + shipping to Europe would be?
Thanks for your interest. The price of the actual magazine is 6 USD a piece. So 12 USD + postage, which would probably be around 5 USD for two magazines. I can't say for sure since I am not in the US. E-mail John Gaffney at candlemasschronicles@yahoo.com and he will give you a total.
Professor Black wrote:First issue was great!
Happy to hear you liked the first issue. Though, I think we dare say #2 is better. All the interviews for issue 1 was done by e-mail and was sort of a Q & A thing. This time around, we have met all the guys in person so the interviews flow much better and there are no loose ends at all. There are actually a few minor sensations that we have managed to unveil in the magazine. No matter how big a fan of Candlemass you are, you will learn things you did not know about the Epicus era!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ordered, can't wait!
mordred

Post by mordred »

A little update:
John just informed me that there is LESS THAN 10 copies left of issue #1 "From the 13th Sun". That one is probably not likely to be re-printed. Epicus issues are moving fast as well, but there is still a healthy amount left and we might re-print it if there's still a demand for it when we are sold out. Thanks for your orders everybody.
mordred

Post by mordred »

mordred

Post by mordred »

We are now sold out of issue #1. Shadow Kingdom will soon stock the very last copies there are of that one, so the last chance to get it will be through them.

Issue #2 still available from us. Thanks for your interest everybody.
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Just sent the money...