Italian metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
VictimeDelExil

Re: Italian metal

Post by VictimeDelExil »

Believe I did not see any mention of Loadstar in this thread. Great Italian speed metal band that only released a few demos back in the day. Here's an upload of a song of theirs on my channel that I never get around to uploading anything on.

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pretty perfect Euro-Power/Speed-demo-Metal I'd say - cheers for the tip. The name definitely sounded familiar, probably because they appeared in quite a few zines at the time: https://thecorroseum.org/fanzines/index ... =on#search
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:30 am Pretty perfect Euro-Power/Speed-demo-Metal I'd say - cheers for the tip. The name definitely sounded familiar, probably because they appeared in quite a few zines at the time: https://thecorroseum.org/fanzines/index ... =on#search
No problem, glad I could offer a post of value. Will check those zines out in a bit.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

On my yt channel i'm uploading some old demos...here is the last one,enjoy it!!!

Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cool! Didn't know you've started a YT channel. I will link it from your old Italian Steel page - you should do the reverse! :)
Nonseinormale65

Actually i should update the Italian Steel page with some "new" obscure old release that i have found during these years...but being the usual lazy guy i have always been it will take some time :lol: anyway...sooner or later...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Italian steel is always welcome! By the way, can someone upload that Backfire -outlaw Emotion LP??
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:01 pm Italian steel is always welcome! By the way, can someone upload that Backfire -outlaw Emotion LP??
I'll try and get it done before the end of the week.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:01 pm Italian steel is always welcome! By the way, can someone upload that Backfire -outlaw Emotion LP??
Done:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
There's some great Heavy/Power stuff on it, but the vocals are a bit off at times. The prize jewel is the epic title-track - worth checking out for that one alone I'd say...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Dan, you rule man! Thanks a lot.. :D update: Just finished listening to the record, great Heavy/power metal with an amazing guitarist shredding all over! The only weak point is maybe the vocals, but i guess some may argue about that...
Last edited by The Ripper on Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

some others Italian bands:

VANADIUM (in the 80s was the most important Italian HM band, I think really great)
STRANA OFFICINA -classic metal; many releases.
ROD SACRED - only one LP but really good
REVENGE - Hot Zone LP
UNREAL TERROR - THE FIRST EP is really great. the full lenght is also good but less catchy
Nonseinormale65

A.X.E. aka Alternativa per Evadere (Alternative to Escape):

The band hailed from Bergamo and in 1990 released a self titled album on LP, it was a private pressing (no more than 100 or maybe 200 copies) sold during their rare shows since they quitted just some months later; for decades this elusive record was a real mystery until some copies popped out after the reunion of the band in the 2000's when they released a new album in cd format,played some shows and then split again.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

No mention of Xipe on this thread so far?

I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:35 pm A.X.E. aka Alternativa per Evadere (Alternative to Escape):

The band hailed from Bergamo and in 1990 released a self titled album on LP, it was a private pressing (no more than 100 or maybe 200 copies) sold during their rare shows since they quitted just some months later; for decades this elusive record was a real mystery until some copies popped out after the reunion of the band in the 2000's when they released a new album in cd format,played some shows and then split again.
Completely new to me - thanx for the tip! Are there more songs on the album in the style of "Strega"?

@Kit: Now this band I've heard about but I don't think I've ever given a proper listen to their recordings. Sounds intriguing from the first few minutes..
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Completely new to me - thanx for the tip! Are there more songs on the album in the style of "Strega"?
Half of the songs are like that, the other half just Rock or even Soft Rock.