TEGEN HART, unsung ItaliDoom-Masters

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Good stuff, but far from being "masters"
Still enjoyable and a great cover for sure..
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Can't say I fully enjoyed this, but there are some really good moments here and there. Thanks for the upload!

Fuck, I'm totally ignorant when it comes to good Italian bands, knowing only a couple of them.. Someone ought to list all the best Italian LPs to a same thread, like the US Metal top-20 topic a while ago. It's especially difficult to browse through Italian lists on the web since I've haven't got a clue about the bands' & albums' names and can't see their covers..
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:
daniel wrote:Thanks for the upload, always cool hearing new old stuff. But, I didn't like it, liked some of the acoustic work, but other than that it was lame, and nothing close to doom - I know I'm really strict about the definition of doom, to me there's a weird style that Italian bands sometimes go for, which is cool and unique and very atmospheric and I usually love it, but it has nothing to do with doom, not even Black Hole do.
This band has some doomy moments, but no, not really doom. But Black Hole at least have some actual doom metal passages in their songs.
I've always thought BLACK HOLE had a lot more Classic Doom in them than they're given credit for. Of all "Doomish" Italian Metal they were definitely the purest Doom-band.

About TEGEN HART, yes it's definitely softer and more atmospheric than the other bands mentioned here, but for the most part it's top-quality songwriting and very "repeated listening"-friendly ...and if not Traditional Doom then at least ItaliDoom - if we pretend for one second that this subgenre exists.

@zeuhl: I did a quick search and didn't find a general Italy Metal-thread, so you're welcome to start one and I'll be happy to fill in plenty of faves.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

But you gotta admit those vocals are really wrong at times
At least theyre the strongest (or better the only) aspect on this LP that I'd complain about
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:But you gotta admit those vocals are really wrong at times
At least theyre the strongest (or better the only) aspect on this LP that I'd complain about
The TEGEN HART vocals? No, sorry, gotta put my foot down here. Melodic&Wimpy, yes, but still great and very fitting vocals for the style in question all the same..

NP: "Fight In The Night" - the 'Sabbath-part' is incredible.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

NP and worth bumbing. Screw the sceptics & infidels :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

haha....I tend to tolerate those vocals now...it's a fine LP, only the later half feels somewhat stretched out
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I always thought this was more a more progressive stuff, closer to Asgard. I have to check it out once in the future. Thank you for sharing, DaN!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Pestkrieg

Re: TEGEN HART, unsung ItaliDoom-Masters

Post by Pestkrieg »

Been listening to this album loads lately. Can anyone recommend anything which has a similarly dreamy atmosphere?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The strong accent of these italian bands is quite funny ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pestkrieg wrote:Been listening to this album loads lately. Can anyone recommend anything which has a similarly dreamy atmosphere?
It's hard to come up with something exactly similar or "undiscovered", but the ARPIA demos are a lot more psychey/doomy than the weird-proggy 7" and LP... The Райский Ад LP has some songs that also have that doom-dreamy feel..

Btw, if someone has this comp: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Rock-Blu ... se/3577519
...I'd love to hear that TEGEN HART track on it, even if I'm sure it's awful judging by the title :?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Prowler wrote:The strong accent of these italian bands is quite funny ...
I kind of enjoy strong accents, at least from some countries. It becomes a (huge) problem with Scandinavian bands though, and I'm not too fond of German accents either. But southern or eastern European accents, I find charming and it may even add to the listening experience. Italian bands like Black Hole and Dark Quarterer are improved by the accents on the vocals IMO.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
I kind of enjoy strong accents, at least from some countries. It becomes a (huge) problem with Scandinavian bands though, and I'm not too fond of German accents either. But southern or eastern European accents, I find charming and it may even add to the listening experience. Italian bands like Black Hole and Dark Quarterer are improved by the accents on the vocals IMO.
I'm with you on 'Cherman' accents, i can't get past them at all, but i find Scandi-accents quite charming for the most part.
Yes, even on Glory Bells DaN.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Pestkrieg wrote:Been listening to this album loads lately. Can anyone recommend anything which has a similarly dreamy atmosphere?

Maybe STONEFIELD ?
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Well, I think scandinavian bands don't have such a strong accent, seen by a non-english speaking dude. Too me they are still the best english singing bands from Europe by accent performance together with dutch bands. The souhtern european bands I rather enjoy by singing in their native tongue. There are quite alot french, italian, spanish band/records that would be "better" while singing in their language because the accent in the vocals really is killing my nerves. Death SS is such a candidate too (I really like them) but still that "sit with me at the left of the dievel" is haunting me every night ... :mrgreen:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...