New faves: MASTER MASSIVE (ex-AKT/VERDICT/ZANITY)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

By the way,who's the singer in MM? Tony Niva?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sagrotan wrote:thanks for sorting that out! just came across the name TWILIGHT (DK!) where Strandh was also playing in.. whose 1992 demo apparently has been rereleased on CD. anyone heard them?
Interesting.

I would like to hear this.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

TWILIGHT sounded familiar, so I checked them out on MA and it seems it is as I remembered: TWILIGHT also featured Micke Därth, formerly of Swedish obscurists DETEST! I also think Twilight-singer Anders Engberg is the guy we hear in these MM recordings.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:TWILIGHT sounded familiar, so I checked them out on MA and it seems it is as I remembered: TWILIGHT also featured Micke Därth, formerly of Swedish obscurists DETEST! I also think Twilight-singer Anders Engberg is the guy we hear in these MM recordings.
The singer is supposed to be Roger Petersson. And judging from a listen to Verdict, that sounds right too. Didn't he also form the band together with Janne?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:
DaN wrote:TWILIGHT sounded familiar, so I checked them out on MA and it seems it is as I remembered: TWILIGHT also featured Micke Därth, formerly of Swedish obscurists DETEST! I also think Twilight-singer Anders Engberg is the guy we hear in these MM recordings.
The singer is supposed to be Roger Petersson. And judging from a listen to Verdict, that sounds right too. Didn't he also form the band together with Janne?
Ah, you might be right there. Confused the 2 because of the Lion's Share-connection.
mordred

Post by mordred »

No, no, Roger Peterson never sung in Master Massive. He only sung in Verdict with Janne Strandh and a few years later Strandh played on Peterson's solo demo recording.

Master Massive might have had different singers over the years. I am not sure the singer you hear on the earliest, late 80's recordings is the same guy as on the recordings from the mid 90's. Tony Niva sang in Zanity, that's for sure. I don't know if he ever was in Master Massive. Maybe Stark knows who sang with MM.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:No, no, Roger Peterson never sung in Master Massive. He only sung in Verdict with Janne Strandh and a few years later Strandh played on Peterson's solo demo recording.
Please check the MM myspace I posted on the first page of this topic. And judging from the higher range vocals on Verdict it definitely could be the same guy.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Black Axe wrote:
mordred wrote:No, no, Roger Peterson never sung in Master Massive. He only sung in Verdict with Janne Strandh and a few years later Strandh played on Peterson's solo demo recording.
Please check the MM myspace I posted on the first page of this topic. And judging from the higher range vocals on Verdict it definitely could be the same guy.
Thanks for the link, I didn't know Master Massive were active today. Apparently then Peterson sings with MM today. The vocals on the myspace tracks are definitely his. That's cool, because the last thing I heard about Peterson was that he was a born again christian and had more or less renounced metal. Actually, three of the five songs on the myspace are old songs re-recorded. "Challenger of Evil" and "Speed Division" are from the 1984 VERDICT demo and "Prize Hunter" is from the 1989 PETERSON demo.

However, the vocalist on the older Master Massive tracks that Dan posted here is definitely NOT Peterson, that's clear as daylight.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:However, the vocalist on the older Master Massive tracks that Dan posted here is definitely NOT Peterson, that's clear as daylight.
If you say so, but I did read the following:

"Exo was one of the driving forces in re-shaping the original Master Massive line-up with Roger Petersson - vocals, Jan Strandh, lead guitar and Christer Rispling on drums. The band has been around in different shapes and musical directions since the early 80´s, but now Master Massive is back in a true old-school Heavy Metal style which has always been natural to them."

Everything does lead me to believe Roger was in the band from the beginning.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Black Axe wrote:If you say so, but I did read the following:

"Exo was one of the driving forces in re-shaping the original Master Massive line-up with Roger Petersson - vocals, Jan Strandh, lead guitar and Christer Rispling on drums. The band has been around in different shapes and musical directions since the early 80´s, but now Master Massive is back in a true old-school Heavy Metal style which has always been natural to them."

Everything does lead me to believe Roger was in the band from the beginning.
I read that too and it's a bit confusing. I think they are refering to Verdict, where Peterson indeed sang, as the "original line-up" of Master Massive. After all, all these bands sort of followed the same vision, but had different names and different members. Note that it says "the early 80's" on the myspace, but the actual name Master Massive was never used until 1988, when Zanity had folded.

I'll see if I can find out who sang for Master Massive in the early days.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I still can't believe how this incredible band hasn't got offers to get their shit properly (re)released... IMO they're second only to HELL as a must-be-done project..

(New link for the demo-comp added in the OP)
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:I still can't believe how this incredible band hasn't got offers to get their shit properly (re)released... IMO they're second only to HELL as a must-be-done project..

(New link for the demo-comp added in the OP)
Did you ask the members or are you just assuming?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:Did you ask the members or are you just assuming?
Assuming. No news on their myspace since 2007.
DaN
Administructor

Re: New faves: MASTER MASSIVE (ex-AKT/VERDICT/ZANITY)

Post by DaN »

New (old!) '89 demo added to the OP. You - Must - Hear - This !
Ernest Thesiger

Re: New faves: MASTER MASSIVE (ex-AKT/VERDICT/ZANITY)

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cheers!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."