Most catchy album ever

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

There lay heavy metal, dead.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I think I've heard Nocturnal Rites were going to re-record said album with Ola Ohlsson on vocals especially for the Corroseum clientelle.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

GJ wrote:I think I've heard Nocturnal Rites were going to re-record said album with Ola Ohlsson on vocals especially for the Corroseum clientelle.
really?? ha!...just to make this point clear ,thats teh only album i consider good enough n worth a listen at least for me, the rest of their material can go staight to the toilet,i dont care abput them at all....

aaaHH im gonna get banned from the forum! :lol:
GJ

Post by GJ »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
GJ wrote:I think I've heard Nocturnal Rites were going to re-record said album with Ola Ohlsson on vocals especially for the Corroseum clientelle.
really?? ha!...just to make this point clear ,thats teh only album i consider good enough n worth a listen at least for me, the rest of their material can go staight to the toilet,i dont care abput them at all....

aaaHH im gonna get banned from the forum! :lol:
I have that album too and even though I haven't played it very much my memories of it are that it was a rather ok (and catchy) album. About Hammerfellatious - I first heard them on some compilation and I remember they had stolen the Ooooh part from Return of the Passover, which, in 1996, was a rather welcome theft. I also noticed they played cover versions of Picture, Warlord and Stormwitch - and even if I prefer the originals this has to have had some positive effects (even on some of the younger people around here). I have never bought an album by them, so I have very little knowledge of their doings apart from videos shown on tv. I can't say I like it very much but not that I hate it either... Why the hate? Seriously! As I haven't got a clue. Do they have a bad attitude? Extremely bad music, too much theft? Not cool enough? Tell me!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

actually too much theft for me,n then selling it to the masses as something "new",hence, having more recognition n money,than lets say Warlord or Strowmwitch
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

SAMAIN - Vibrations of Doom
RENEGADE (Ger) - Renegade

edit:

LEATHER NUNN
ARKANGEL - Arkangel
Last edited by Kelly on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

"Catchy" implies repetition, mostly linked to a chorus of a song or repeating section such as a riff set which greatly increases the chances of a song having that "stuck in your head" effect.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

DaN wrote:
Black Axe wrote:Cirith Ungol - Frost And Fire
:lol: This gave me a chuckle.. I mean, I love the band, but it took about 20 years for me to really "get into" them. In retrospect I might find a song or 3 of theirs that could be considered 'catchy', but I'll still always think of them as One Of Those Difficult Bands. In the best of ways of course.
:shock: one of THE easiest loves I've come across in recent years. I feel the first two are as catchy as they come. in the good way, because sadly catchy is a friend of cheesy sometimes.

"Kill 'em all" anyone? say what you will, catchy as hell. "Relentless" never gave me one bit of resistance. all early Pentagram as well. "Crystal Logic" of course. any Slough Feg album, but most likely either "Down.." or "Traveller" .
Helm

Post by Helm »

Do they have a bad attitude? Extremely bad music, too much theft? Not cool enough? Tell me!
There's a combination of all these. First of all it should be noted that most original members were kids that came from 'gothenburg metal' type of bands and they suddenly appeared decked out in leather and studs and playing 'true metal'. It really seemed silly at the time even to me. Even Rhapsody seemed more legitimate, imagine. The Rhapsody demo, at least. It was even worse when people actually started to bite into the hype and say they liked Hammerphallus while they wouldn't give the time of day to a Warlord or a Stormwitch album (or they didn't even know them to begin with).

Their originals were pretty bad, the band looked and sounded as if they lacked conviction at all times. Their further material was even more ludicrous and overdone awfulness to be taken even as a 'retro' sorta group.

For anyone that realizes the spirit of HM is in a continuation of the ethos from the 80's to today, any sort of band that 'dumbs down' the meanings of it in a 'classic metal' strawman that says LEATHER AND STUDS AND SUB PAR JUDAS PRIEST WORSHIP and most importantly perhaps LOL LET'S STICK IT TO OUR 'EXTREEM METAL' PAST is a bit offensive.

That dude singer even ruined a perfect Warlord album. *sigh*
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp. dear god!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

My definition of something catchy is SAVAGE-Loose n Lethal or LOUDNESS-Lightning Strikes etc...
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I don't think albums as a whole can be considered catchy in the same way that certain songs can. Whenever I hear the word "catchy" in the same sentence as Metal, I instantly come to think of an infinite number of NWOBHM classics-and/or-forgotten gems, like for instance:

CHALLENGER - so sure of yourself
HIGH TREASON - saturday night special
MOBY DICK - nothing to fear
FRENZY - thanx for nothing
AXIS - messiah
DARK STAR - lady of mars
MOTHER'S RUIN - streetfighter
SPARTA - fighting to be free
TURBO - charged for glory
HERETIC - fever of love

...etc, etc, ad infinitum...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Tokyo Blade - Blackhearts and Jaded Spades
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I played Thunder In The East by LOUDNESS today. That's the definition of catchy 8)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
GJ

Post by GJ »

DaN wrote:
+ Energy - Fight for your freedom