DESOLATION ANGELS (UK) - Unreleased LP (original vocalist)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Dave_the_Boss

DESOLATION ANGELS (UK) - Unreleased LP (original vocalist)

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Here is the original recording of the unreleased DA LP "While The Flame Still Burns" with Dave Wall behind the mic. This isn't on the "Feels Like Thunder" box, as this features a different (American) singer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/189167539/W ... ED_LP_.rar

Unfortunately I'm missing two tracks ("Killer" and "While The Flame Still Burns"). Tracklisting is:

1. Only Time Will Tell
2. Power Hungry
3. Feels Like Thunder
4. I'm On Fire
5. Soul Of The City
6. Wings On My Heels

Enjoy!

If I can find the time, I'll upload an unreleased TRESPASS demo for you guys.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

There is simply no comparison between these superb recordings with the ones included in the box set.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Mazez

Post by Mazez »

This is a must have. Thanks.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

how is the box set? I love their s/t LP, but I've never been impressed by any of the later material I've heard by them. Used to have cassette copies of english bastards and while the flame still burns and they were just boring IMO, so I don't wanna buy the box set if it's mostly that kind of stuff
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

We've said a few words about the box set, it's a rather disappointing release especially when having in mind all these years we waited for it. No LP, half the 7", no "While the flame.." recordings with Dave Wall included. Also no lyrics in any of the songs, but tons of great photos and pretty good sound.

Have you already heard these recordings that are uploaded? They are with Dave Wall on vox and imo they are about 10 classes higher than the ones with Lee Addison.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

nightsblood wrote:how is the box set? I love their s/t LP, but I've never been impressed by any of the later material I've heard by them. Used to have cassette copies of english bastards and while the flame still burns and they were just boring IMO, so I don't wanna buy the box set if it's mostly that kind of stuff
The box is essential imo. If you don't like this material or the Lee Addison stuff there's two discs of old material with Dave Wall and one disc with Dave Wall demo material (both old and newer). Plus there's studio stuff with Dave Wall on the "While The Flame Still Burns" disc.

The LP will be released later this year with bonustracks and possibly an extra DVD. If anyone wants it I can upload the LP and 7", though the quality is kinda shoddy.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks, mister!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

No problemo buddy.

If any of you are interested, I'll be posting the Desolation Angels s/t LP and the "Valhalla" 7" in a couple of minutes
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

ION BRITTON wrote:We've said a few words about the box set, it's a rather disappointing release especially when having in mind all these years we waited for it. No LP, half the 7", no "While the flame.." recordings with Dave Wall included. Also no lyrics in any of the songs, but tons of great photos and pretty good sound.

Have you already heard these recordings that are uploaded? They are with Dave Wall on vox and imo they are about 10 classes higher than the ones with Lee Addison.
Thanks for the info; that does sound kinda disappointing. I don't think I've heard the Wall version of WtF, so i'll check out the d/l.
UPDATE- while these versions are definitely better, I still think the songwriting is just terribly bland on these numbers. How many times can you say 'Wings on My Heels' in one song? I've always been surprised that this was the same band that wrote great stuff like 'Spirit of the Deep' and 'Death Machine'. Sometimes i regret selling the orig. DA demo cassettes I used to have, but when I re-listen to the material I remember why I didn't want to keep them :(
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

DA rules anyhow.
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

StygianBlade wrote:DA rules anyhow.
Yeah. The later stuff isn't as good as the earlier material, but it's still awesome. That box is simply essential.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

this unreleased lp kills. Listening through the box set and these recordings are sorely missed. Yes the other vocalist for me does not even compare.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Any chance of a re-up of this?

Or better yet a cd-r trade if you have the recording in lossless format. But anyhow, I need to hear it! I didn't realize there was a recording of this with Dave Wall on vocals until now.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

I found it on a blog, so nevermind. Had a quick listen and it definitely sounds superior to the version on the box set with the other vocalist.

Was the remaining two songs never recorded with Dave Wall on vocals or are they missing on this copy?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mordred wrote:Was the remaining two songs never recorded with Dave Wall on vocals or are they missing on this copy?
I am not 100% sure, but i think the Dave Wall recordings have only 6 tracks.