Post-NWOBHM steel from UK

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BlackStele

Re: Post-NWOBHM steel from UK

Post by BlackStele »

The Erlking wrote:So what are your favourites, let's say starting from '83 or '84?

I like for example Blind Fury, Bolt Thrower, Deep Switch, Deliverance, Egypt, Marshall Law, Masque, Preyer, Sabbat, Sacrilege, Skyclad, The Blood and Wild Pussy.

Would like to know more really good ones. Especially those that doesn't sound like a nwobhmetallers who woke up too late (like shocksplit or the scrubs) not that I don't like them but because I'm interested about how much the scene varied soundwise. And I secretly wish to find more awsome bands with balls like Preyer :P

Still.. every post-nwobhm band counts and you can name your favourites that started out as nwobhm but turned to something else later on like Satan, Cloven Hoof and uhh (it seems like) Hell...
Ok, I will write down some bands that are not mentioned here, and coming on my mind in random order right now:

Prowler, BattleAxe, Excalibur, Omega, Grim Reaper, Holocaust(only their second era), Fair Warning, Traitor’s Gate, Dealer, Chaser, Scarab, Trident, Charger, War Machine, Voyager(ok, the keys annoy me, but, anywayz, good riffs exist there also!), Syar, MainEEAxe, etc...

P.S: Prowler, Omega and War Machine are closer to US Steel I could say...

...OK, I'm bored....
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Elixir, Virtue, Scarab, Tröjan, Atomkraft and all that early crusty stuff like ONSLAUGHT, BOLT THROWER, SACRILEGE and WOLFPACK... yum.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

BlackStele wrote:Prowler, BattleAxe, Excalibur, Omega, Grim Reaper, Holocaust(only their second era), Fair Warning, Traitor’s Gate, Dealer, Chaser, Scarab, Trident, Charger, War Machine, Voyager(ok, the keys annoy me, but, anywayz, good riffs exist there also!), Syar, MainEEAxe, etc...
IMO Some of these bands would be considered borderline NWOBHM
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Korgüll wrote:
BlackStele wrote:Prowler, BattleAxe, Excalibur, Omega, Grim Reaper, Holocaust(only their second era), Fair Warning, Traitor’s Gate, Dealer, Chaser, Scarab, Trident, Charger, War Machine, Voyager(ok, the keys annoy me, but, anywayz, good riffs exist there also!), Syar, MainEEAxe, etc...
I'd call Grim Reaper, BattleAxe pure NWOBHM. Sure, those bands also released stuff after the initial NWOBHM but by that definition you can call too much NWOBHM bands post NWOBHM steel.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Black Axe wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
I'd call Grim Reaper, BattleAxe pure NWOBHM. Sure, those bands also released stuff after the initial NWOBHM but by that definition you can call too much NWOBHM bands post NWOBHM steel.
yeah, I was refering to their post-NWOBHM period here, just to be on topic, and for no other reason...
Last edited by BlackStele on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

just the first Xentrix album...everything from Deathwish, and i must say "the force" album from Onslaught is among my top 5 UK metal albums (taking out the whole NWoBHM) but still"in search of sanity" is some classy piece of thrash with awsome vocal parts,sometimes really understimated :shock: ...

and btw, can someone sell me whichever album from Blood Money please! :lol: seriously!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

anthares wrote:Blood Money is something you should check out. Speed metal with NWOBHM tag there.
Never heard this one. If I remember correctly this is an Ebony release and thus easy to find.
Long Live The Loud !!!
nabel

Post by nabel »

The Sentinel wrote:
anthares wrote:Blood Money is something you should check out. Speed metal with NWOBHM tag there.
Never heard this one. If I remember correctly this is an Ebony release and thus easy to find.
Yeah, Ebony it is. Been looking eyes half open for this for a good price.

I must praise "Blaze Of Obscurity" by Pariah. That album is a monster, veryvery close to 10 out of ten points.
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Korgüll wrote:Cloven Hoof-Sultan's Ransom is also essential & amazing!
Agreed 100%. That's the first thing that came into my mind... Sounds a bit like a drum machine though, doesn't it? Either way, I don't care.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Does anybody likes Rankelson? "Hungry For Blood" is a solid album.

Satanic Rites "Which Way The Wind Blows" is a killer! Great Melodic metal, very enjoyable.

And if you like traditional White metal, you should stick with Force 3 and their only album "Warrior of Light", I would call it a nice, decent album.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Professor Black wrote:
Korgüll wrote:Cloven Hoof-Sultan's Ransom is also essential & amazing!
Agreed 100%. That's the first thing that came into my mind... Sounds a bit like a drum machine though, doesn't it? Either way, I don't care.
The guitar is incredible, not sure if it's a drum machine.. either way I don't care either!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Does anybody likes Rankelson?
Yeah, they're excellent! Perfect example for this thread.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Korgüll wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Does anybody likes Rankelson?
Yeah, they're excellent! Perfect example for this thread.
I like'em a lot too!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

A Sultan's Ransom is the best thing I've heard that fits the thread topic, ultra-steel, amazing.
pzman

Post by pzman »

Tyga Myra - Their Deliverance album is great!