Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Knell wrote:
Avenger wrote:
The Knell wrote:Bloody Cross
I've been hearing this band mentioned often lately.

What are they like?
It was most probably only me

Amateurish blackened grind mess from Peru
Wait, you weren't talking about the one from Germany?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Avenger wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Avenger wrote:
I've been hearing this band mentioned often lately.

What are they like?
It was most probably only me

Amateurish blackened grind mess from Peru
Wait, you weren't talking about the one from Germany?
nooo not in the context of south american crap metal...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

wasnt that sure to post this here BUT!

im pretty sure this is a boot right guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gotham-City-The-Leg ... 7C294%3A50
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:wasnt that sure to post this here BUT!

im pretty sure this is a boot right guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gotham-City-The-Leg ... 7C294%3A50
Yes, boot and not a good one. Cheaply made with bad sound.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

pheeew :o thanks a lot for that quick call Ion!
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Is the Leather Nunn CD reissued by Metal Reunion Records a bootleg too? Anyone know?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mega_lodon wrote:Is the Leather Nunn CD reissued by Metal Reunion Records a bootleg too? Anyone know?
No, it is an official reissue.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

ION BRITTON wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:Is the Leather Nunn CD reissued by Metal Reunion Records a bootleg too? Anyone know?
Thanks pal. I though it was a bootleg CD because I just didn't understand why people forked out big money for the original LP when they could actually buy the CD at a very much lower price. Well I still don't understand but at least I feel better now. :lol:
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

mega_lodon wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Thanks pal. I though it was a bootleg CD because I just didn't understand why people forked out big money for the original LP when they could actually buy the CD at a very much lower price. Well I still don't understand but at least I feel better now. :lol:
always considered it a boot, too just because all the hurly-burly that goes on about the LP and a bootleg would somehow have been logic :roll:.

good to have the CD then, as it's still an awesome record. would have preferred a vinyl-reissue, though..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

there was a question about this CD, some time ago:

-Death SS: "The story of Death SS"

This is an official CD, of course, and it's easy to find everywhere. It's the official reprint of the Lp.

Unfortunately the Death SS Fan Club put out more limited edition releases in the last times:

-Death SS: "The complete Black Mass Live 1990" that is a silver-printed (factory pressing) CD: 25 euros and absolutely unlistenable audio quality. It's a real crap sold at exhorbitant price.

-Death SS: "The story of Death SS part 2": this is the reprint of a very old and rare tape originally printed many years ago. Unfortunately the Death SS Fan Club released it as a CD-R (well done, but still a CD-r) and sell it at 25 EUROS!!!!!
You can find it somewhere or you can come across it if you visit the Death SS homepage and merchandise link: nowhere it's written that it's a CD-r.
It's said to be an original factory pressed silver CD...but actually it's not!

When I met the boss of the Fan Club in my friend's pizzeria, he merely tried to find a stupid excuse: "where's the difference in a silver printed CD and a well done CD-r? I didn't even know there was a difference, I thought they were the same thing"

He tried to convince me that he never heard before of the existence of the so called CD-r....

don't buy such items, they're officially endorsed by Death SS but, as even Steve Sylvester told me, they're made "just to make some money on stupid fans as they would even buy our shit for a thousand euros"... :evil:
GJ

Post by GJ »

Damn they're evil! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

jnfernal wrote:there was a question about this CD, some time ago:

-Death SS: "The story of Death SS"

This is an official CD, of course, and it's easy to find everywhere. It's the official reprint of the Lp.
I think this was released already in 1988. At least that's what it said on a copy I had before. And I've had it on tape since at least as far back as 1990.
-Death SS: "The story of Death SS part 2": this is the reprint of a very old and rare tape originally printed many years ago. Unfortunately the Death SS Fan Club released it as a CD-R (well done, but still a CD-r) and sell it at 25 EUROS!!!!!
You can find it somewhere or you can come across it if you visit the Death SS homepage and merchandise link: nowhere it's written that it's a CD-r.
It's said to be an original factory pressed silver CD...but actually it's not!
I saw at their FC page for €15-€20. Affordable if the packaging is decent.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Yes, I've seen that the "Story part 2" is sold at 15/20 euros now

but it's still a very high and totally unreasonable price for a CD-r

Packaging is simple: it's only a front/back cover, even the quality of paper is pretty low.

But the thing that makes me more angry is that Steve Sylvester is totally aware that it is a CD-r and ne never mentions it on his website or in the Fan Club: sometimes I meet him in my friend's pizza shop and he always laugh when I complain with him about that CD: "haha...hope that more fan like you will buy that cd-r, we need money!"

Actually he's not exactly a cool guy, and many of the stories/legends about him, his commitment with satanism and early troubles are "just bullshit for our fans..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

And here it is, the Sororicide bootleg:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tsupported

And they also made the Vulture bootleg as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tsupported

However, it's still FAR better than rather identical boots in my opinion ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAZOR-Shotgun-Justi ... tsupported

:lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I presume this is some affiliate of Vegascds, unless there is another "Entrapreneur" on the "European imports" CDR market :lol: