1001 reasons why Heavy Metal rules:

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

[quote="lordgnagey"]499. Getting chills down your spine and short of breath when singing along to "Blood of the Saints" and even after countless listens, never failing to get that feeling.

quote]

ATTACK IS BEFORE YOU, PRAY A LIGHT MAY GUIDE YOU, FROM MORTAL FEAR IN YOUR LIFE!!

Right the fuck on, man.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Kojerk wrote:552. Bleeding on your pickguard when first trying to palm mute tremolo pick.

553. Boring your non-metal friends with metal talk (and feeling kind of smug about it--"these people just don't get it")

554. Not usually the first listen, but the second, to a previously-unknown-to-you track that convinces you that you just heard the greatest song of all time.
thats what im talking about! great adds that i surely have lived many times! (of course theres no bleeding no more)
Certif1ed

Post by Certif1ed »

- Buying a Marshall JCM 800, then upgrading the Valves (it's always the valves first), then the output transformer, then the capacitors, then the resistors, and finally replacing the stock speakers with Vintage 30s in the search for that Holy Grail tone.

- Replacing stock pickups on your axe with EMGs, then Seymour Duncans, then DiMarzios before finally realising that Gibson Burstbuckers are the best pickups ever made, and settling for some P90s.

- Chucking away your entire pedal collection, because you discovered it's all about the player, man.

- Selling your entire guitar collection (and there are loads of them) in order to buy that PRS you always wanted.

- Shaving off your hair to hide the receding line/bald patch that completely spoils the metal look and buying a black beanie.

- Growing a thick goatee to hide the fact that you can no longer grow hair anywhere else on your head - even though everyone else in the world knows that's why you've done it, you're convinced they think you shaved your head to look hard, and the beard proves that it's not because you can't grow hair, really and truly, honestly.

...I'll catch up with the numbering and delete the duplicates later... :wink:
Certif1ed

Post by Certif1ed »

Duplicate... I knew it :wink:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Shaving off your hair is not metal in any way!
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

555. Kai Hansen vocals on Ride The Sky

556. Battle Cry (Omen)

557. Blood and gasoline (Virgin Steele)

558. "Doctor Doctor" before Maiden's gig :lol:

559. "Always look at the bright side of life" after a Maiden's gig :lol:
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

560. Lifting weights while cranking Destruction.
GJ

Post by GJ »

666. Uploading other peoples rips on your blog and making some cash in the process.

Nah! Just pulling yer legs. Got back on the pill after one week's harsh trial without seretonin... Makes me silly obviously - please let me stay DaN!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote:666. Uploading other peoples rips on your blog in less that 24 hours after the original upload while claiming that you don't know where you got them from or saying that a friend of yours send them to you in some weird and unknown format and making some cash in the process.
Fixed. :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
GJ wrote:666. Uploading other peoples rips on your blog in less that 24 hours after the original upload while claiming that you don't know where you got them from or saying that a friend of yours send them to you in some weird and unknown format and making some cash in the process.
Fixed. :D
oh my dog! that was painfully hilarious!...lets hope certain people dont get sensible

on topic:

561: all lame gay-ass singers that come out from stupid show like american (faggy)idol and such have shit against dozens and dozens of real singers (heavy metal ones that is!)...and still they will remain as unkwnon soldiers,but not for us!
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

562. The insanity of John Cyriis (hope this isn't a repeat)
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Kojerk wrote:562. The insanity of John Cyriis (hope this isn't a repeat)
I hope so. It would be appropriate. :D
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

Black Axe wrote:
Kojerk wrote:562. The insanity of John Cyriis (hope this isn't a repeat)
I hope so. It would be appropriate. :D
Haha, I should have written in ALL CAPS AS I GOT PROGRESSIVELY MORE...INSANE...LIKE CYRIIS INTERVIEWS.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I think that's an Agent Steel kinda thing, I made an interview with Chuck Profus about his other band Obscene Gesture and while he didn't talk about aliens at all he had a pretty similar weird way of using punctuation and caps.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

563. LEGIONED MARCHER - Praise Thunder