1001 reasons why Heavy Metal rules:

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

omen of hate wrote:563. LEGIONED MARCHER - Praise Thunder
Agreed.
564. The album art of PRESTIGE - Attack Against Gnomes
Certif1ed

Post by Certif1ed »

Black Axe wrote:Shaving off your hair is not metal in any way!
Tell that to Rob Halford... :P
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Certif1ed wrote:
Black Axe wrote:Shaving off your hair is not metal in any way!
Tell that to Rob Halford... :P
I would. But first I'd tell him trying to hit those really highnotes with the current state of his voice is not metal in any way.
GJ

Post by GJ »

565. Balding gloriously whilst still having hair to your butt!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I'd modify 563 to say, "After all these years of digging around, you can still unearth LEGIONED MARCHER and BLIND ASSASSIN in the same week" :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

566. The intro to LION'S PRIDE-Free Rider during this show--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVNrFRMhNI
"How does it feel when the wind glides through your hair? Well, let me tell you, it feels like a free rider!"
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nightsblood wrote:I'd modify 563 to say, "After all these years of digging around, you can still unearth LEGIONED MARCHER and BLIND ASSASSIN in the same week" :)
agreed!!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
nightsblood wrote:I'd modify 563 to say, "After all these years of digging around, you can still unearth LEGIONED MARCHER and BLIND ASSASSIN in the same week" :)
agreed!!!
Perfect !!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I need somebody who knows more English than me to put this in a single sentence to add it as a reason. I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but you know how back when it wasn't easy to get Metal stuff and you depended on those fucked up 10th generation dubs that were all fucked up or battered CD's and/or records that skipped yet you kept playing them on and on, and now when you listen to a proper copy of them you still expect those fuck-ups to happen and feel kinda disappointed when it doesn't. It has recently happened to me with Metal Church's debut album, which I had in a tape made from a CD that skipped on the title track and every time I listen my ears still expect that little skip to happen. Am I just too fucked up or is this something that happens to other fellow metalheads as well?
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

Cochino wrote:I need somebody who knows more English than me to put this in a single sentence to add it as a reason. I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but you know how back when it wasn't easy to get Metal stuff and you depended on those fucked up 10th generation dubs that were all fucked up or battered CD's and/or records that skipped yet you kept playing them on and on, and now when you listen to a proper copy of them you still expect those fuck-ups to happen and feel kinda disappointed when it doesn't. It has recently happened to me with Metal Church's debut album, which I had in a tape made from a CD that skipped on the title track and every time I listen my ears still expect that little skip to happen. Am I just too fucked up or is this something that happens to other fellow metalheads as well?
I know plenty of English, but there's no better way to explain that. Give it a number and we're good to go. Definitely something I think we can all relate to.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Okay:
Cochino wrote:567. Back when it wasn't easy to get Metal stuff you depended on 10th generation dubs that were all fucked up and skipped, yet you kept playing them on and on. And now when you listen to a proper copy you still expect those fuck-ups to happen and feel kinda disappointed when it doesn't.
:lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Cochino wrote:567. Back when it wasn't easy to get Metal stuff you depended on 10th generation dubs that were all fucked up and skipped, yet you kept playing them on and on. And now when you listen to a proper copy you still expect those fuck-ups to happen and feel kinda disappointed when it doesn't.
Same here. I still have Exumer's Rising From The Sea taped copy (20 yrs old) of vinyl that skipped heavily in the beginning of track 1. I've got used to it and now have problem listening to CD reissue. And my friend taped me Coma Of Souls and manually skipped intro to When the Sun, and totally omit intro on Pleasure To Kill, bcs he didn't like intros in general. Listening to cds today those intros sound quite out of place and probably will not be accomodated to.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Ha, nice to see the same happens to other people. Maybe we should get some audio editing software and recreate the skips and tape screw ups :)
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Cochino wrote:Ha, nice to see the same happens to other people. Maybe we should get some audio editing software and recreate the skips and tape screw ups :)

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I have another one that's similar. I used to get those x-generation copies of albums from friends and then eventually would buy the originals after listening to the tape millions of times. Occasionally the new copies would just sound too clean, the production would sound all wrong because it was missing that hissing sound that builds up over numerous dubbings. The atmosphere that I had grown accustomed to from the crappy tape wouldn't exist on the original!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have a similar experience with BLACK SABBATH "Live Evil". Back in the days, a friend taped me the double-lp on a C-90 tape. The disc one lasts a little more than 45 minutes. So, "Iron Man" is cut in the end. And I'm so used to listen to this song with the end cut, that I'm still surprised to listen to Iommi solo's last notes when I listen to the vynil.