1001 reasons why Heavy Metal rules:

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Elvenefris wrote:541: Insanely awesome and thoughtful artwork.

542: The feeling of tracking down that record and finally getting it to hold in your hands, PRICELESS !
I'm pretty sure that these two have already been mentioned but I'm way too lazy at the moment to check.

Someone should compile an updated list for quick referencing...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

I read all the the thread in the last hour :shock: ,and i did not see these:

546)Mentors -- politically incorrect!!!

547)fingers get dirty while digging in boxes full of records looking for "that damn" 7 "... you have not found yet...

548)the writing "Play It Loud"(and similar as "Play at maximum volume")on the records!

549)Everytime i make headbanging i lose one of my hair,maybe that's why i am almost bald? :cry:

550)To return home from a festival and beiing voiceless...
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
GJ

Post by GJ »

About 547 - it must be about the sacrifice, right. I mean the sensation of fingers accidentaly touching the tongue when your having a sandwich in the café when attending a record fair, not having your hands washed after going through 250 crates of smelly records often isn't all that pleasant... :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

i think i didnt find this one

548.the louder it gets, the better it sounds
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

549: An old man like me can use metal to frighten and shock his students and make them think he is insane for listening to that noisy music. WaHoo :lol:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

great_knuthulhu wrote:549: An old man like me can use metal to frighten and shock his students and make them think he is insane for listening to that noisy music. WaHoo :lol:
I guess it still works to a degree but at this point there are families where daddy listens to Transilvanian Hunger and Symphonies of Sickness together with his son. :lol:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Lama

Post by Lama »

550 :

theclansman74 wrote :

I don't a dumb, you are a dumb
Kampel Destruction
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:i think i didnt find this one

548.the louder it gets, the better it sounds
Only post mastering when it's on our decks playing.
great_knuthulhu

The Erlking wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:549: An old man like me can use metal to frighten and shock his students and make them think he is insane for listening to that noisy music. WaHoo :lol:
I guess it still works to a degree but at this point there are families where daddy listens to Transilvanian Hunger and Symphonies of Sickness together with his son. :lol:
Most of my students are shocked that I can actually like any 80s metal. Like Accept :shock: My colleagues more so though. Played Atlantean Kodex to one a while ago and he asked me politely to turn it off stating that it must be a case of "for people of very particular persusasions" :lol:

I'm old enough to be the father of some people on here, so that could be me listening to Transilvanian Hunger. Not Symphonies of Sickness though, don't really like that one.
Lama wrote:550 :

theclansman74 wrote :

I don't a dumb, you are a dumb
That's a dumb :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Most of my students are shocked that I can actually like any 80s metal. Like Accept :shock:
I'd be suprised if any of 'em had even heard Accept before. Unless you teach teutonic metallicum.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Black Axe wrote: Unless you teach teutonic metallicum.
But that's obligatory, isn't it?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

"If you are not satisfied for any reason, return your copy, (stating where and when purchased), to Deep Switch and we guarantee that you will be tracked down and killed. BEST WHEN LOUD"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

GJ wrote:
Sadly it's not a required course :)
My students are also always amazed to learn that their prof is an oldchool headbanger.... most of them guess that I'm into bluegrass (must be mah accent :) ). I always use pictures of old Megadeth and Nuclear Assault album covers when we discuss radioactive waste and nuclear power :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
great_knuthulhu

nightsblood wrote:
GJ wrote:
Sadly it's not a required course :)
My students are also always amazed to learn that their prof is an oldchool headbanger.... most of them guess that I'm into bluegrass (must be mah accent :) ). I always use pictures of old Megadeth and Nuclear Assault album covers when we discuss radioactive waste and nuclear power :)
I wear bandshirts to class, just to make sure they understand. Especially after I cut my hair short.
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

552. Bleeding on your pickguard when first trying to palm mute tremolo pick.

553. Boring your non-metal friends with metal talk (and feeling kind of smug about it--"these people just don't get it")

554. Not usually the first listen, but the second, to a previously-unknown-to-you track that convinces you that you just heard the greatest song of all time.