Brazilian [& rest Latin American] 80s ThrashDeath Scene

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Ah, I forgot this was only thrash/death.

Well then I mean only Sargatanas, Toxodeth, and Frightful Cross were first EXTREME metal bands of MEX.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A Mexican EP I've been wanting to hear for years is MAKINA NEGRA's debut 7" from '86. I've gotten the impression that they made really crude & primitive Thrash/Speed. Might not be that brutal or extreme though. Anyone has it/heard it?
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

DaN wrote:A Mexican EP I've been wanting to hear for years is MAKINA NEGRA's debut 7" from '86. I've gotten the impression that they made really crude & primitive Thrash/Speed. Might not be that brutal or extreme though. Anyone has it/heard it?
When I see my friend Felix next I will have him play it for me...I forgot what it sounds like...

By the way, I bought the Zona Morta LP and if anyone wants a high quality upload let me know....
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

mexico is in north america... i know they had a scene. toxodeath are quite nice, and transmetal have some good materials also
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Actually is Central America, along with countries like Nicaragua and Guatemala.
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Cochino wrote:Actually is Central America, along with countries like Nicaragua and Guatemala.
'
No, Mexico is part of N. America.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, the last time I checked on that (back in school) it was considered Central America since most part of the country is there. Of course when it comes to commercial agreements and international politics they might be considered as part of North America since there's too much difference between Mexico and the other Central American countries, but as far as I know it's part of Central America geographically (if such word exist). Anyways, I think that for the purpose of this thread is better to consider them as part of South America. Maybe Latin-American metal would be a better label.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Mystifier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chakal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loucyfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding Mexico Death Warrant was a great Speed Metal act, besides the most Death/ Black Mortuary, Frightful Cross, Demogorgon, Toxodeth, and those crap transmetal. Other bands to check were Z, Reptil, Aggression even Anarchus. Mexico had better Heavy metal bands than Thrash or Death...

Mexico is part of North America in all means...
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

I still would be interested in hearing some material by Frightful Cross, but probably music is not that good....

Latin American would be the best title in my opinion, as it would include countries from Cuba to Chile...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I'm not a big fan of the Argentinean scene. Too much melodic metal and clone bands, but people I've talked to they all love RetroSatan. V8 is the biggest legend and they have some good records (I don't know about how available are they internationally). Riff also has some good heavy stuff, but they're more like NWOBHM/Hard Rock. I would reccomend the album "Macadam 3...2...1...0" by them. Then there came Thrash with bands like Hermética (the biggest one) and Horcas which had decent early albums, but nothing too good neither.
There's also a band called Bloke which is supposed to be very good classic Heavy Metal, but I haven't hear them yet since it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
Now I'm investigating about the extreme scene, if I find any cool stuff I'll let you know. The sad thing is that everything happens in Buenos Aires, which is many miles away from my city.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

This is my favorite band from Argentina, I've heard the majority of the 80's metal vinyl from there and this is the best. it is classic metal of course, but simple the best, you can check my upload on m-a which includes the demo tapes. but maybe not to your taste regardless. Actually if I had to make a top 10 of all Latin American records that are essential, this is near the top.
Cochino wrote: There's also a band called Bloke which is supposed to be very good classic Heavy Metal, but I haven't hear them yet since it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

doomedplanet wrote:This is my favorite band from Argentina, I've heard the majority of the 80's metal vinyl from there and this is the best. it is classic metal of course, but simple the best, you can check my upload on m-a which includes the demo tapes. but maybe not to your taste regardless. Actually if I had to make a top 10 of all Latin American records that are essential, this is near the top.
Cochino wrote: There's also a band called Bloke which is supposed to be very good classic Heavy Metal, but I haven't hear them yet since it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
BLOKE is also among my personal favourites. "Demolicion" contains some perennial metal hymns like "Bajo el signo del terror", "Alma de chacal" or "La fuerza del metal". I can't understand much things from the lyrics, but i'm sure they kick ass too.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Cochino wrote:I'm not a big fan of the Argentinean scene. Too much melodic metal and clone bands, but people I've talked to they all love RetroSatan. V8 is the biggest legend and they have some good records (I don't know about how available are they internationally). Riff also has some good heavy stuff, but they're more like NWOBHM/Hard Rock. I would reccomend the album "Macadam 3...2...1...0" by them. Then there came Thrash with bands like Hermética (the biggest one) and Horcas which had decent early albums, but nothing too good neither.
There's also a band called Bloke which is supposed to be very good classic Heavy Metal, but I haven't hear them yet since it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
Now I'm investigating about the extreme scene, if I find any cool stuff I'll let you know. The sad thing is that everything happens in Buenos Aires, which is many miles away from my city.
Cochino, what do you think of Vibrion? If my memory serves me well, they were a death metal band from Argentina....
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sacrilegio wrote:I still would be interested in hearing some material by Frightful Cross, but probably music is not that good....

Latin American would be the best title in my opinion, as it would include countries from Cuba to Chile...
Frightful Cross is average 80ies "satanic" Death Thrash with a horrible and thin production if I recall it correctly
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

About Vibrion, I heard just a few tracks and they were decent, but I'm not a big expert at the old extreme local scene since it consists mainly on demos. I'm trying to investigate a bit more with the help of a friend of mine who lives in Buenos Aires, but he doesn't like to trade for some reason so all I have are some mp3 samples he gives me.

Edit: I was just listening to the demo from Crematorium (Uruguay) that I downloaded from some blog. Very interesting, typical South American (closer to Brazilian) Death Metal with a weird "happy" moment in the first track. Reccomended for those looking for rarities. I won't upload it not only because is not my rip but because the quality sucks, and the first song is cut. Hopefully my mother will bring some material from her vacations to Uruguay so maybe I can get this in better quality, if not original (cross your fingers for me).