V/A - Tampa Bay's Metal Mercenaries: The Invasion

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Keir

V/A - Tampa Bay's Metal Mercenaries: The Invasion

Post by Keir »

By request, cassette only compilation produced by Keith Collins (Savatage), featuring Camelot (who later became Kamelot), Blackkout, Siren, Fester, Iced Earth, etc.

[dead link removed/aDmiN]

John O'Brien of Fester (who now does Metal Lessons Radio) sent me these files, so any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cool upload, I haven't heard this one before.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Yaayyy thankies!! this one should be full of gems,hopefully.lets see
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

Fuck!!! Thanks man! This was reviewed in Metal Forces back then,I didn't know it had a pre-Kamelot track in it too! Is that Vanderbilt singing? Damn,it kills! Blackkout slay everyone as usual...great stuff!
Keir

Post by Keir »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:Is that Vanderbilt singing?
Nope, it's some guy named Rob Beck.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Grrreat comp! Many thanx for the upload. There's a number of bands there that deserves some reseach. Is CAMELOT = this KAMELOT? Bloody awesome track, but do they live up to it on their later records?

MESSIAXX was fucking perfect Speed Metal. No hits on M-A nor US Copyrights though :(

The ARSENAL track slayed as well. Really heavy/doomy shit. Could this be the same band? Anyone heard the record?

The one band we REALLY need to dig out more stuff with is HALIFAX! AMAZING Epic Metal at its absolute finest, bringing underground gods like KILLEN and CHALICE to mind. Only info I've found so far is that the track was produced by Jon Olivia of SAVATAGE.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

At first I thank Keir for SUPERB upload!!!!! I enjoyed allmost the same bands DaN mentioned.All of these are great!!!
MESSIAXX was fucking perfect Speed Metal. No hits on M-A nor US Copyrights though
Well.I found kinda band where former member Brad Davis (Bass) play now :

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/brad1404/Bios.htm It's allways possible to contact band members,and ask about MESSIAXX recordings.Just my english is so fukking poor :D
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Wow, a new Siren track too? Thanks, this is easily one of the most interesting compilations I've heard!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Fantastic upload! I really love the Messiaxx track!
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:Grrreat comp! Many thanx for the upload. There's a number of bands there that deserves some reseach. Is CAMELOT = this KAMELOT? Bloody awesome track, but do they live up to it on their later records?
Not sure what your link was meant to point to, but yes it is the famous Kamelot. Their later albums are more of a Symphony X type thing. As far as modern flowery power/prog goes they are definitely top of the heap, but that's not really my style (and I know it's not yours either).
DaN wrote:MESSIAXX was fucking perfect Speed Metal. No hits on M-A nor US Copyrights though :(
Guitarist for Messiaxx was also in Genitorturers and Bogus Pomp.
DaN wrote:The ARSENAL track slayed as well. Really heavy/doomy shit. Could this be the same band? Anyone heard the record?
Same band! Did not know they had an album. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
DaN wrote:The one band we REALLY need to dig out more stuff with is HALIFAX! AMAZING Epic Metal at its absolute finest, bringing underground gods like KILLEN and CHALICE to mind. Only info I've found so far is that the track was produced by Jon Olivia of SAVATAGE.
Oddly enough this one didn't really stand out to me, but I'll see what I can find out about them.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I listened to the whole thing last night and it sounded fantastic on first listen I loved the Krunch, Oblivion, SDT and Blakkout got to let the other tracks sink in a bit. Actually found the Camelot track a little weak compared to the rest.

P.S. what the hell is with the Stairway to Heaven intro to the Osiris track! haha
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Keir wrote:
DaN wrote:The ARSENAL track slayed as well. Really heavy/doomy shit. Could this be the same band? Anyone heard the record?
Same band! Did not know they had an album. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
Christine Steel is a great voice! I have their "Armored Choir", if anyone wants it, just let me know, and I'll send it via pm..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

I would love to hear that, I dig that track. I tried to pm you but it got bounced back. Please try to pm me or contact at mjballue@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Keir

Post by Keir »

I found Arsenal's CD and was shocked at how different it sounds. Seriously, it could be Femme Fatale or something! I checked the lineups and they are exactly the same so I couldn't figure out how they could have changed so much. Then I noticed that the liner notes for the song on Metal Mercenaries says "recorded 6/85". Well, I guess a lot can happen in 5 years. :(
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Hellride Mike wrote:I would love to hear that, I dig that track. I tried to pm you but it got bounced back. Please try to pm me or contact at mjballue@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
I re-sent you the url today, please check again your pms and tell me if you got it finally..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!