V/A - Tampa Bay's Metal Mercenaries: The Invasion

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

what an excellent comp, I've only heard 3 songs so far. Thanks Keir, I shall drink a brew in your honour tonight.
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

Great compilation.
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Definitely a different sound on the album, interesting, she does have a great voice, wish they'd recorded more back in the earlier 80's. Thanks for sharing this!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Thanks for this compilation.

I found the OBLIVION track to be VERY good. Power-thrash with high-pitched vocals, like TORMENT (the band from Heavy Artillery). But one question: Which OBLIVION out them all are these guys? Any link?

HALIFAX track was great indeed. Superb vocals and very catchy.

Will give it some more spins to listen carefully to the other bands as well....
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Keir

Post by Keir »

ION BRITTON wrote:I found the OBLIVION track to be VERY good. Power-thrash with high-pitched vocals, like TORMENT (the band from Heavy Artillery). But one question: Which OBLIVION out them all are these guys? Any link?
This one. Would be great to hear their demos!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Keir wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I found the OBLIVION track to be VERY good. Power-thrash with high-pitched vocals, like TORMENT (the band from Heavy Artillery). But one question: Which OBLIVION out them all are these guys? Any link?
This one. Would be great to hear their demos!
Big change of style i'd say, their demo is more epic and less thrash, leaning towards the classic US power metal sound. Great stuff.

I'll upload it, it's not my rip, but i think it's the only known rip which is on the internet at the moment.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

I am extremely confused with this Oblivion from Florida,apparently they have another demo released in 1988 (self titled) that outFreedomsRises Freedom's Rise, but its not mentioned om m-a (not that i expected it to be) neither do i have a copy.unless that's another oblivion from FL? god..

edit-looked up my old fanzines,it's the same band (same names) and the tape is called 'rebirth' ,released in 1988 and its pure US Steel,nothing to do with thrash.extreme obscurity this one.anyone?
Keir

Post by Keir »

In the "Additional Notes" section on M-A, it does mention another demo called Rebirth. Is that the one?
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

alright yeah,missed that.and the track on this comp is also on the rebirth demo so its the same band.i guess the guy who reviewed the rebirth demo hasnt listened to the first Liege Lord lp too many times hehe,unless they thrashed up the song?
speaking of which,the blackkout track on this comp is a different version to their tape LP,has a more classic sound to it compared to the more 'krunchy' sound on their demo.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I'm trying to locate the MESSIAXX guys..their shit killed but it's damn hard!
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Thanks alot for this one Keir. This a great compilation, I've listened to it several times through and so far my favorites tracks are the Oblivion, Messiaxx, Halifax and Blackkout.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Can't stop playing the DIRTY VIRGIN track, what a sick and evil riff is that

daniel

Post by daniel »

I've uploaded a rip of this, don't know if it's the same as the one originally posted since I never got round to downloading that. Also, any news on that second OBLIVION demo???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BQ29EBNC
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Oh this compilation simply destroys worlds for me. Not one bad song. More bands to check out now.
DaN
Administructor

Re: V/A - Tampa Bay's Metal Mercenaries: The Invasion

Post by DaN »

New download link in OP as requested by Sovdat.