Unsucky Melodic Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Pestkrieg

Re: Unsucky Melodic Metal

Post by Pestkrieg »

DaN wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm Seems like there's always an ancient thread around to necromance for the next review...

Curious to see if I'm the only one fascinated with this album? Maybe something for Nenad? Check it out:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
...and yes, it's quite different and a lot more interesting than the dull debut.
Lots to love on this album; great discovery. Thanks DaN. Strangely, given the post above, there are a few melodies that remind me of the Misfits here too in tracks like Sweet Funny Hero and Wings of Life. A slight melancholia running through the album perhaps...

And despite some of the debate in this thread I can totally understand the idea of 'melodic metal' that draws a line through this, Lust, Messiah, etc. These albums seem to me to have a slightly nostalgic, dreamy feeling throughout. Omega (UK) touches a bit on that too, albeit much darker and more epic...

Oracle is another great discovery from this thread too...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I finally made third listen of FINE's second attempt, and I can say it is near excellent. The title track is a headspinner, really, really powerful. Could be the most important discovery of the last 5 years. I also have to say that the debut is not sooo much inferior to this, only less heavier. At least one track is on the same level. Still don't know what to do with "Song For You", although this morning didn't sound so appalling.

Thank you DaN, for turning our attention to this and for sharing it. Thanks also to bigfootkit for sharing info on AORNightDrive blog ( :lol: ).
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@P&N:
Real cool to hear you enjoyed it, and I'm happy to hear it wasn't just me who sensed something Special about this LP.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:43 am Thanks also to bigfootkit for sharing info on AORNightDrive blog ( :lol: ).
:oops: My steel is not true. It's pink & fluffy. :?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

Ok I’m just gonna say I think the second Saracen LP has a few actually killer songs. Honestly the only really bad song on here to my ears is Love On Sight and Cheatin, which isn’t totally terrible either. I guess if you can stomach some Styx and 80s Heep/Rainbow with the heavier bits it’s pretty good I think.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:16 am @P&N:
Real cool to hear you enjoyed it, and I'm happy to hear it wasn't just me who sensed something Special about this LP.
There's no guilty pleasure to listen to this album, DaN, it is pure pleasure. You first had to introduce it to most of us, so we could actually start to enjoy it. I found Jan S. has been listing it for ages, but I always scrolled down past it. FINE. This couldn't even qualify as a hard rock bandname. On the other hand, he wants a small fortune for it. On still another one, I need some other items more than this one, so I am not sure if there will ever be its turn.

But I count on you to introduce us to more stuff of this quality in the future as well.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 am
Noisenik wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:43 am Thanks also to bigfootkit for sharing info on AORNightDrive blog ( :lol: ).
:oops: My steel is not true. It's pink & fluffy. :?
Don't worry. Your steel is true. The blog's name made me laugh as it kinda stands against ..., oh, nevermind. :lol: