Unsucky Melodic Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

oh come on, have some sense of humor :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

been listening to "melodic" stuff all weekend:
Helloise, Mortician, Childz Play.....
Lama

Post by Lama »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:been listening to "melodic" stuff all weekend:
Well, if it's the Mortician from Austria, then I'll believe you on this one, haha!!!
Kampel Destruction
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Lama wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:been listening to "melodic" stuff all weekend:
Well, if it's the Mortician from Austria, then I'll believe you on this one, haha!!!
haha but of corpse!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:ORACLE LP. The UK band that released this album in Spain. Read my review on metalpage for more info.
I just ordered that LP after listening to a song on YouTube. Very promising indeed.
Some excellent songs in there. The balance between melody and heaviness on that album is near perfect!
Well, that album even exceeded my expectations, this is really some moving music, i have to say. Romantic and dreamy in some songs, energetic and thrilling in the others. And cheers for that review, good job!

(and this is also un-gay!)
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
I just ordered that LP after listening to a song on YouTube. Very promising indeed.
Some excellent songs in there. The balance between melody and heaviness on that album is near perfect!
Well, that album even exceeded my expectations, this is really some moving music, i have to say. Romantic and dreamy in some songs, energetic and thrilling in the others. And cheers for that review, good job!

Thanks dude, i'm glad you liked it. At that time i didn't know that the band was actually british, it did sound like one though haha.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Thanks dude, i'm glad you liked it. At that time i didn't know that the band was actually british, it did sound like one though haha.
It's a great LP for sure, but I do think Killer Queen is the stand out song on it. The rest aren't quite as good.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Stormwitch (the beauty and the beast era) yea just realized it today too
DaN
Administructor

Re: Unsucky Melodic Metal

Post by DaN »

Seems like there's always an ancient thread around to necromance for the next review...

Curious to see if I'm the only one fascinated with this album? Maybe something for Nenad? Check it out:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
...and yes, it's quite different and a lot more interesting than the dull debut.
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm Seems like there's always an ancient thread around to necromance for the next review...

Curious to see if I'm the only one fascinated with this album? Maybe something for Nenad? Check it out:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
...and yes, it's quite different and a lot more interesting than the dull debut.
Hmm, I haven't heard of this yet but I instantly downloaded it and will check it out shortly. A Melodic Metal album with a half-naked blonde woman on the cover surely piques my interest. :mrgreen:

Does anyone here like the Swedish band Glory? I've ran through part of their discography this year, and while I'm sure it may be a bit "commercial friendly" for some members here, it's killer stuff for those who like Melodic Metal. Sort of like a quasi-super group since they seem to have had the drummer from Gotham City, guitarists from Glory Bells (if I recall), and at one point Goran Edman on vocals.
mordred

Re:

Post by mordred »

mordred wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 am
And it doesn't get any more gay than Saracen.
I can’t recall or even imagine such a reality where I wrote this. :cry:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Re: Re:

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:55 pm
:lol: Thread Necromancy is a dangerous game..
That would be an interesting theme for a thread, digging up embarrassing shit we've written in the past.
...or, No. Let's not. In fact - BANNABLE OFFENSE!

This actually reminds me of how I once tried to convince a friend of the excellence of "Heroes.." after his first teenage introduction to Saracen being this: https://www.discogs.com/master/1174935- ... Metal-City
Pretty hopeless :(
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:55 pm
That would be an interesting theme for a thread, digging up embarrassing shit we've written in the past.

This actually reminds me of how I once tried to convince a friend of the excellence of "Heroes.." after his first teenage introduction to Saracen being this: https://www.discogs.com/master/1174935- ... Metal-City
Was in the same boat. I equated Saracen to those tracks on Metal City so never paid attention to "Heroes.." Now I know what a masterpiece the album is.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

The EP that followed a few years after is also a must-have in my world. « We have arrived » is a rawer version than the one on the next LP, and is a great great song in my opinion (love the kinda Misfits melodies on the verse, may be the only one on that point…). The B side (« A face in the crowd ») could have been on the previous album, as it’s a strong epic track for sure. I hear a lot of people saying how HS&F is a masterpiece (and I share this opinion), but this ep seems to be rarely mentioned.
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:55 pm

That’s it! Now I remember! That’s why I wrote that! My introduction to Saracen had been this compilation also, but the VHS video version. I probably didn’t hear “Heroes…” until approximately 2008.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D