Unsucky Melodic Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
:shock:
sorry is so shocking for u what i see as good non gay sense of melody in metal :roll:
If the definition of epic metal Warlord is one of the first bands came to your mind talking about melodic metal I'm an elephant. Scanner with raw speed of the first albums? Rage of late 80's????? The definition of speed metal "Secrets in a weird world"? Execution? Perfect Man? What about Messiah Force?? I quit...
yeah, they are all that that you are mentioning,of course, and! they have a great sense of melody,sorry man if u cant find it in the bands i mentioned but even my grandma could tell that,at least with Warlord...

read again The Erlking post above,i agree with that..
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Your grandma does not know her metal nor do you...

You agree with Erlking but you didn't get that his meaning was opposite to your words...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This entire thread is sadly one huge confused mess.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

OK, to sort things out (causing further confusion): To me all melodic metal is made in 1992 by confused eighties metallers reaching middle-age. They simply don't know which leg to stand on anymore. Thus they write a mish-mash of songs influenced by AOR, glam/sleaze, blues rock, hard rock and heavy metal (they might even incorporate some riffs with a thrashy edge) and then record the "songs" on some digital studio using more channels than Def Leppard would ever stomach to do. The result will be ugly, dead-sounding non-inspired hard rock with razor sharp guitars and drums and embarrassingly sissy Paul Rodgers wanna-be vocals all of it drenched in supposedly earthy hammond wanna-be synthesizers. I wouldn't listen to this kind of crap under any circumstances which results in that I do not know shit what I am talking about and thus should better shut my mouth.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:OK, to sort things out (causing further confusion): To me all melodic metal is made in 1992 by confused eighties metallers reaching middle-age. They simply don't know which leg to stand on anymore. Thus they write a mish-mash of songs influenced by AOR, glam/sleaze, blues rock, hard rock and heavy metal (they might even incorporate some riffs with a thrashy edge) and then record the "songs" on some digital studio using more channels than Def Leppard would ever stomach to do. The result will be ugly, dead-sounding non-inspired hard rock with razor sharp guitars and drums and embarrassingly sissy Paul Rodgers wanna-be vocals all of it drenched in supposedly earthy hammond wanna-be synthesizers. I wouldn't listen to this kind of crap under any circumstances which results in that I do not know shit what I am talking about and thus should better shut my mouth.
Looks to me you're the confused mess.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Why, thank you! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Fifth Angel and Rudi Pell were good calls but I must stress again that even if there's some kind of agreement between some people on melodic metal and what it *should* be like it's still a very vague term, not commonly identified with any certain sound so I have little problem with people using the term differently than I do. Although I've already seen here some weird opinions on whats melodic metal but hey if they can explain their reasons well I don't give a damn. Just as I don't give a damn if someone calls Mercyful Fate or Venom black metal even though I usually don't.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Yeah, I never thought of Fifth Angel as 'melodic' metal.. but if they are, they are UN-gay for sure.

HELICON springs to mind more so as the definition of melodic metal (and they ARE gay).
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Korgüll wrote:Yeah, I never thought of Fifth Angel as 'melodic' metal.. but if they are, they are UN-gay for sure.
Yeah well usually my idea of melodic metal is not exactly like that but I see no harm in describing FA as melodic metal. It's focused on playing with melodies a fucking lot but still has balls.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Exactly... Even though "We rule" is not the most typical song of that melodic album by FA...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

so this is melodic yet gay right? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6FFj2pVug
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

pretty much :D at least very uninspired
MEXDefenderOfSteel

The Erlking wrote:pretty much :D at least very uninspired
haha i know, yesterday looking for "melodic" stuff i bumped into that band...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:Fifth Angel and Rudi Pell were good calls but I must stress again that even if there's some kind of agreement between some people on melodic metal and what it *should* be like it's still a very vague term, not commonly identified with any certain sound so I have little problem with people using the term differently than I do. Although I've already seen here some weird opinions on whats melodic metal but hey if they can explain their reasons well I don't give a damn. Just as I don't give a damn if someone calls Mercyful Fate or Venom black metal even though I usually don't.
I personally don't like the term for this exact reason, which is why I don't use it myself, and have used quotation marks when referencing that style. Although, it seems that a lot of people can't decipher between Speed and Thrash either for example. Almost every sub-genre is debatable especially when so many bands fused many of them together.

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:so this is melodic yet gay right? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6FFj2pVug
I don't even consider that Metal.

Hard Rock verging on AOR in my eyes.
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.