Saxo - Satu Perjuangan

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

and ROCKERS were from Indonesia as far as I know...

JUNCTION did also good vinyl releases...

Anyone listened to POWER METAL from Indonesia? How are they?
deadspit

Post by deadspit »

roihlem wrote:and ROCKERS were from Indonesia as far as I know...

JUNCTION did also good vinyl releases...

Anyone listened to POWER METAL from Indonesia? How are they?
Rockers is from Singapore.... If you wanted some good hard rock stuff from indonesia look out for (old) Edane, bits of Loudness, Skid Row inluence with the vein of metal guitar riffs, Junction done pretty good work with the release called Petualang... ala King Diamond... very impressive.. I'll upload some of these soon.
Power Metal also a good band from Indonesia..
deadspit

Post by deadspit »

DaN wrote:
deadspit wrote:Yes, Saxo is one of the best heavy/thrash metal act in malaysia. This release is the only debut, but the appeared also in a rock compilation album. Debut Satu Perjuangan released in tape and vinyl format.. I have both of them/... I know it's crazy price you have to pay for the vinyl but it's really worth it. As a Malaysian 80's rock act supporters myself, i recommende few names like Riyadh, Rockers(actually Singaporean band), Belantara, Burnmarks, Naja, Babylon, Search, Brainwash, Teras etc... so many to list :roll: I have most in tape and vinyl format as well as cd's and cd-r.....Some of the list for malaysian act in metal/rock are listed in my blog here..check it out and I might thinking of a trade possibilty... http://deadpits.blogspot.com/
I have ROCKERS, CROMOK, HEVEA, LEGENDA, BUMIPUTRA ROCKERS and 1 more (forgot the name) on vinyl. I'm keeping ROCKERS and CROMOK, but the rest is up for trade for other rare Malay/Singapore vinyls. Let me know if you have anything to offer.

Btw, were CROMOK and RUSTY BLADE from Malaysia or Singapore?
Dude, Cromok is from Malaysia. They started their debut "Image Of Purity" while there were studying in Australia... I only keep the debut as that album for me is the better thrash metal band should sound like..with eastern touch. Rusty Blade from Singapore... and the good news is they are about to reunion....
I'll look up on my collection and see which one am ready for trade... I am quite interest on Hevea.... and am so much impressed that you own Cromok.. which release is that ? Image Of Purity or later one with some instrumental "Another you"... ?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

deadspit wrote:Dude, Cromok is from Malaysia. They started their debut "Image Of Purity" while there were studying in Australia... I only keep the debut as that album for me is the better thrash metal band should sound like..with eastern touch. Rusty Blade from Singapore... and the good news is they are about to reunion....
I'll look up on my collection and see which one am ready for trade... I am quite interest on Hevea.... and am so much impressed that you own Cromok.. which release is that ? Image Of Purity or later one with some instrumental "Another you"... ?
The CROMOK vinyl is actually a sleeveless radio promo w/ 3 instrumental versions of tracks from the "Image Of Purity" tape. Do you know if the whole album is available on vinyl? :shock:

Btw, I'm stoked to have some Malay (?) members here who can straighten out all the ?'s about this very obscure scene. Cheers for all the info :D
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I saw Cromok`s vinyl only as a LP with the tapecover glued on the cover. Therefore, I guess that it is the whole album that is on vinyl... :?
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Yeah, the first Cromok whole album is available as a promo vinyl, its normal to find other promo versions which only had like half of the songs from an album, or radio-edit variations.
I got a huge amount of malaysian metal ripped and burnt in case anyone's looking for specific "tape-only" releases since the vinyls are so hard to come by.
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Deadspit, have you listened to Heavy Machine from Malaysia? I got one LP, but haven`t listened to it, yet...It was labeled as Heavy Metal, and now there is one LP up on Ebay which says that it is a Pop band :shock:
Derrick Metaliszta

Heavy Machine isn't metal at all... it was like pop-rock/blues, don't believe the dealers
deadspit

Post by deadspit »

Agreed with Derrick.. Heavy Machine is not the heavy metal band, not even rock band.. more into contemporary pop as they were started as a resident club singer.
For better heavy metal band try to look for FTG (debut ep was really good) and Bloodshed..also the debut called Illusi Sebuah Mimpi still the masterpiece for me.
Vinyl is not easy to find even here in malaysia... even tape slowly being emptied and replaced with thelater stuff... sad. sad..sad...
Derrick Metaliszta

deadspit wrote: For better heavy metal band try to look for FTG (debut ep was really good) and Bloodshed..also the debut called Illusi Sebuah Mimpi still the masterpiece for me.
Definetely, all their albums, also the Blackshed one, are classics
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I agree with this. Bloodshed and Blackshed are really good. I also enjoy Ababil, Crossfire, and some Ella and Ekamatra tracks a lot.
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

Thank you very much for this SAXO LP !!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Wow this took me by suprise. At times the band sounds like Dementia, Mein Kampf and Randy Uchida Group (especially Satu Perjuangan & Tak Kalah). Great stuff!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

Hi !!

Anyone have heard about a more recent band named METALASIA ?? Would like to get something from them ...
Heavy Metal is my Pride. I've got Metal in my Blood. Uncompromising REAL Heavy Metal is all I need. Hail to all Brothers of EPIC HEAVY METAL !!
otakon

Post by otakon »

steelangel wrote:Hi !!

Anyone have heard about a more recent band named METALASIA ?? Would like to get something from them ...
yes they are from my country.... personally i dont like them. havent heard them in many years though.