CRYSTAL PRIDE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

yeah Crystal Pride are a good doom band, I like their demo best, can't remember how it's called right now, but I've purchased their Lp after listening to this demo and I must say I have been slightly let down
lynx

Post by lynx »

I never noticed her accent, she's such a screamer, her voice makes even the songs with not that interesting lyrics sound good.

By the way, what is this? It looks like some kind of reunion or one-off gig, the video was uploaded in 2008 according to what it says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeOAFN_5 ... re=related
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

lynx wrote:I never noticed her accent, she's such a screamer, her voice makes even the songs with not that interesting lyrics sound good.

By the way, what is this? It looks like some kind of reunion or one-off gig, the video was uploaded in 2008 according to what it says:
What this link was showing?It's not working anymore.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Has anyone ever looked into reissuing the early Crystal Pride stuff? A 7"/demo compilation would be pretty amazing.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Angelheart wrote:
lynx wrote:I never noticed her accent, she's such a screamer, her voice makes even the songs with not that interesting lyrics sound good.

What this link was showing?It's not working anymore.
Less than a minute of the band playing, they looked a little older.
akira

Post by akira »

Susie's voice reminds me of Kim Wild
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

Obsessed by Metal wrote:yeah Crystal Pride are a good doom band
They aren't doom. Only their demo is doomy.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Definitely not doom, but that part towards the end of Silverhawk is pretty doomy too. And that grunt/shriek Susie lets out right after that part is the best 2 second section of any song ever recorded :)
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

For me, their demo is like as if ACID played doom metal, which is very cool.
LP is so-so, it's good ol' catchy HM with lot of fun, but Susie's vocal there get a bit one-dimensional after a while for my ears.