US/CAN - metal 7"s

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote:I can only join in the praise of the mighty LORD RYUR! It slays! But weren't they from Canada?
"..they're not even a real country anyway!" :P
Keir

Re: Zoe

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:It's funny how few HM/HR 7"s you find from the US, while the UK had hundreds. Some early US 7" faves would be HADES (2 first), JAGGED EDGE and ANVIL CHORUS.
Wow, somebody likes JAGGED EDGE? I was listening to the Cleveland Metal comp the other day, and after the 2 killer tracks by BLACK DEATH, I kind of stopped paying attention. Suddenly this song started that was absolutely terrible and I thought, "this must be that JAGGED EDGE track". Checked the sleeve, and sure enough I was right. I agree with you about ANVIL CHORUS though.
Stark wrote:Jagged Edge was from the UK, if it's not a different band. Matti Alfonzetti sang on their album.
Different band. :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:Wow, somebody likes JAGGED EDGE? I was listening to the Cleveland Metal comp the other day, and after the 2 killer tracks by BLACK DEATH, I kind of stopped paying attention. Suddenly this song started that was absolutely terrible and I thought, "this must be that JAGGED EDGE track". Checked the sleeve, and sure enough I was right. I agree with you about ANVIL CHORUS though.
That's my fave track on the album! Totally dirty/sleazy/doomy 70's style Metal that fucking destroyed me :twisted:
Their 2 7"s can still be found for decent prices if anyone think this sounds like their cup of blood.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Let's revive this thread.
Jim from OPM is selling following US 7"s on ebay:

Von Dymon: Master Slave 7"

Arch Rival: God Bless America 7"

Hellion(NYC): Dangerous Meneuver 7"

Never heard of them. Someone else does?
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:Let's revive this thread.
Jim from OPM is selling following US 7"s on ebay:

Von Dymon: Master Slave 7"

Arch Rival: God Bless America 7"

Hellion(NYC): Dangerous Meneuver 7"

Never heard of them. Someone else does?
VON DYMON = CRAP
ARCH RIVAL = AWEFUL (not as much as VD, but i can't stand it)

Haven't heard of Hellion.

Better bid the next time Sten...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks for the info, apparently many of those 7"s are crap. That Destroyer 7" from the Poisonoise section however was a nice surprise, topnotch material. So let's post some more KILLER US 7"s.
Long Live The Loud !!!
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

The Sentinel wrote:Thanks for the info, apparently many of those 7"s are crap. That Destroyer 7" from the Poisonoise section however was a nice surprise, topnotch material. So let's post some more KILLER US 7"s.
I can post both Von Dymon and Arch Rival to Poisonoise if you are interested. I don't think they are crap, but they aren't nearly as good as Destroyer, Myth, Minotaur, etc.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned in this thread - Frigid Bich "Call Us Robin Hoods". An excellent 7" single. Was reissued on vinyl by OPM Records a few years ago. There was supposed to be a CD reissue, but that never happened.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

AxeCrazy wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Thanks for the info, apparently many of those 7"s are crap. That Destroyer 7" from the Poisonoise section however was a nice surprise, topnotch material. So let's post some more KILLER US 7"s.
I can post both Von Dymon and Arch Rival to Poisonoise if you are interested. I don't think they are crap, but they aren't nearly as good as Destroyer, Myth, Minotaur, etc.
I'm always interested :wink:
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I have to mention TAUNTED: Masque Of The Red Death 7" released by Doomedplanet. Absolutely flawless stuff; The end of side A is really out of this world, PURE EXCELLENCE!!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

in the U.S. there are some hundreds of 7" singles in the metal/hard rock vein. Just like in any country some are good, some are great, some terrible. Many of the singles on those bootlegs cds are not so good, whoever compiled them seemed to buy alot from Joe Pangallo it seemed to me, since he always had many of those records.
1 problem in the U.S. is a lot of the 7" records never had sleeves (especially the hard rock/early metal singles) and were merely a promo vehicle and were never ever available in record stores or even many distros, so they can be very difficult to find.

thanks for the good words on the TAUNTED 7". That one was a pain in the ass to release.
doomedplanet

Re: More stuff...

Post by doomedplanet »

If you see this I'm interested to know more about this single by RAZOR.
Stark wrote: Razor - "Up In The Air" (7") (1980, maybe too early)

Just let me know if you want more info.
/J
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Anyone ever heard of a US single by a band called Far East? I think the a-side is called "Ripper Slasher". I would be interested to know if it's any good.

Thanks.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

AxeCrazy wrote:Anyone ever heard of a US single by a band called Far East? I think the a-side is called "Ripper Slasher". I would be interested to know if it's any good.

Thanks.
I know this single. It's supposed to be among the best US metal 7'', i've never heard it though.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

doomedplanet wrote:1 problem in the U.S. is a lot of the 7" records never had sleeves (especially the hard rock/early metal singles) and were merely a promo vehicle and were never ever available in record stores or even many distros, so they can be very difficult to find.
I've noticed a lot of this when searching thrift stores not of metal albums of course but other genres, I am American but I wasn't around in those days so I'm not sure why that is the case, I suppose the larger size of the country made people play the promo circuit rather than do some more proper releases as in smaller european countries.