Russian Vinyl Collectors

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The Aspid vinyl was on sale on Molotok.ru on October 2010

Here you can see the discussion on page 2:

http://metalrus.ru/forums-m-posts-q-65-d-40.html

Винил Аспида на "молотке" (Vinyl Aspid on Molotke)

and here's the link that doesn't work anymore:

http://smolensk.molotok.ru/item12779621 ... ml#gallery
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The Aspid vinyl was on sale on Molotok.ru on October 2010

Here you can see the discussion on page 2:

http://metalrus.ru/forums-m-posts-q-65-d-40.html

Винил Аспида на "молотке" (Vinyl Aspid on Molotke)

and here's the link that doesn't work anymore:

http://smolensk.molotok.ru/item12779621 ... ml#gallery
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

That's all in russian... :roll:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

The point is this album doesn't suck! many Russian lps are not that great, take August Demon, it only has 3 decent songs, the rest is crap on that album.

traditional metal = heavy metal to me. Sure there are thrash elements to this first master album but also regular heavy metal too, shit there is even a Ballad on this album. I think after this album they became pure speed and these elements fell away.
gauze wrote:you guys consider the 1st Master LP traditional metal? it's speed/thrash metal unless there is another "Mactep" out there.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

thanks for the infos on the other albums.

I have mp3s of Stayer and the first song has the crackles like from the vinyl, but of course I've not seen it so I don't know for sure. maybe crackles from a tape?
Darksider wrote: Also about that Stayer LP, has anyone ever seen it? It can't be private from 1987 so it must be on Melodija. If it was released on Melodija then there should a 2000 copies edition exist. Where are these LP's??? I've never seen that "LP"...right after the political change alot CD's were pressed and people just interpreted that LP's have to exist but truth is only tapes editions were made back in the day. So I would be VERY careful with these "LP's". As long as I don't see a label scan that LP was never pressed. Basta! :wink:
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

tape distorts in a completely different way than vinyl, if you're hearing pops, clicks and crackle is probably from vinyl

any info on Дама Пик / Dama Pik / Queen of Spades? rips i have of their recording session is definitely from vinyl, fem vox, plays a kind of proggy HR/HM, but not sure of the year (possibly 89/90?).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

from the rip I have it is ambiguous, I only hear something that is noise. I've heard tapes that crackled very similar to vinyl and is distorted strangely by mp3 encoding. Until I see a cover and scan of the label of this Stayer lp I have to remain ambivalent. I want fact, not speculation.
khiijol wrote:tape distorts in a completely different way than vinyl, if you're hearing pops, clicks and crackle is probably from vinyl

any info on Дама Пик / Dama Pik / Queen of Spades? rips i have of their recording session is definitely from vinyl, fem vox, plays a kind of proggy HR/HM, but not sure of the year (possibly 89/90?).
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

It's also a fact that bands from eastern block weren't able to press LP's by themselves since everything was under control by the gouverment. Not sure how it worked for Poland, they were a bit different (world open) but I can't remember any private pressed polish LP, just some fanclub singles.
So forget Stayer LP...not even Arija were able to press their first 2 albums on vinyl (2 another long searched for phantom LP's of the 90's that were created by "collectors").
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

anyone know other releases on the Russian Final Holocaust?

Great Sorrow "Maze of Doom" is FH-007

Corpse (Rus) - Remembrance of Cold Embodiments single is FH-007 according to M-A
according to M-A NecroK.I.L.L.Dozer - Misunderstood is also on this label and is a Ep,, a 7" or 12"?
supposedly this is their discog:
1990 Pungent Stench For God Your Soul... For Me Your Flesh FH-02
1991 Autopsy Mental Funeral FH 001
1993 Benediction Subconscious Terror FH 003
1993 NecroK.I.L.L.Dozer Misunderstood FH 004
1993 Corpse Remembrance of Cold Embodiments FH 004
1993 My Dying Bride Turn Loose the Swans FH 006
1993 Great Sorrow Maze of Doom FH 007
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Corpse "Remembrance of Cold Embodiments" 1993

This is the number 99 of that cover list...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Darksider wrote:E.S.T. (Rus)”Electro shock therapy” LP 89 - usual russian Metal mix
I was very sceptical about the existance of this one - until I just got a copy from Iron Force this last week. VERY obscure-looking release on some shady German one-off label with scarce production info. Bandwise they were never a huge fave as far as CCCP-Steel goes, but I'd rate this LP their best recording made and a cool curio worth looking out for..
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

DaN wrote:
Darksider wrote:E.S.T. (Rus)”Electro shock therapy” LP 89 - usual russian Metal mix
I was very sceptical about the existance of this one - until I just got a copy from Iron Force this last week. VERY obscure-looking release on some shady German one-off label with scarce production info. Bandwise they were never a huge fave as far as CCCP-Steel goes, but I'd rate this LP their best recording made and a cool curio worth looking out for..
I wasn't aware that it's that hard to find. But you're prohably right. Fact is you could find it in Germany easier in the past. I didn't pay much as far as I remember. The russian records in general were and are cheap crap. Just picked up the Angels & Demons LP recently for 1 E so that makes 74 from the list and I'll get the rest for below 50 E too sooner or later. Just a question of time, not of money. The prices of the russian vinyl slightly raised when the East European Metal books came out but those days are long gone.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/260891278915?ssP ... 1438.l2649

Here's another russian (armenian) record from that list. Not even the Eastern Europe Heavy Metal book features them, neither I've seen a copy earlier. Does anyone know if it's that extremely rare??? How much were made and what happened with those copies? :o
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

LethylSteel wrote:http://www.ebay.de/itm/260891278915?ssP ... 1438.l2649

Here's another russian (armenian) record from that list. Not even the Eastern Europe Heavy Metal book features them, neither I've seen a copy earlier. Does anyone know if it's that extremely rare??? How much were made and what happened with those copies? :o
Check Out this Topic
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

lunaboy wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:http://www.ebay.de/itm/260891278915?ssP ... 1438.l2649

Check Out this Topic
Thanx, but why this record is that unknown? Didn't Melodija press at least 2000 copies of each album as I read somewhere? Where are these copies?
However the record is mine now, but still I'm eager to know the mysterious background of this LP ... I don't know anyone who has ever seen a copy! :(
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...