Russian Vinyl Collectors

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
hload

Post by hload »

doomedplanet wrote:here is the label off this KPP record:

Its a kind of hard rockin' metal. Actually not as bad as I remember, but no Aria, or Master, haha. The back coversays the songs are dated from '88-91 but it obviously was released in 1993

I just did a quick look in my collection and I only have 47 Russian metal records and maybe 5 cds, so I guess I'm missing a lot. They are hard to get stateside.

DaN, sorry to dissapoint, I only have the Hard Day 7" and Black Coffee 7" that are in your photo, thats it, I've never seen any of those others. What are they? One is obviously Monohmak (I'm mispelling that but I got rid of the lp) and the one in the lower right I think I've seen a photo before, SPRUT 7" sounds cool, find me one, haha. Is there really a 10" from Russia? Would love to see a photo of that, is it the only one?

It seems that my upload was destined for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg5OUazFlLw
hload

Post by hload »

Its a kind of hard rockin' metal. Actually not as bad as I remember, but no Aria, or Master, haha. The back coversays the songs are dated from '88-91 but it obviously was released in 1993

I just did a quick look in my collection and I only have 47 Russian metal records and maybe 5 cds, so I guess I'm missing a lot. They are hard to get stateside.

DaN, sorry to dissapoint, I only have the Hard Day 7" and Black Coffee 7" that are in your photo, thats it, I've never seen any of those others. What are they? One is obviously Monohmak (I'm mispelling that but I got rid of the lp) and the one in the lower right I think I've seen a photo before, SPRUT 7" sounds cool, find me one, haha. Is there really a 10" from Russia? Would love to see a photo of that, is it the only one?

zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

DaN wrote:For the record, these + SPRUT and PANIKA should be all old CCCP HR/HM 7"s in existance:
How's that Galaktika 7" compared to the album? Seen it for sale many times, but never picked it up for some reason. The LP has one of the best CCCP metal songs on it!

Also, what are the top row center and center row left records?
hload

Post by hload »

doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Ah, a Alexander Nevskij 7". I have mp3s of the tape, cool stuff, someone offer me that 7"! haha
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

doomedplanet wrote:Ah, a Alexander Nevskij 7". I have mp3s of the tape, cool stuff, someone offer me that 7"! haha
Same here, please!
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

now that I at least know the band name I found this entry for KPP in "Heavy Metal in Osteuropa" by Stefan Riermaier:

doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN, I have this photo with some mp3's titled "Rock Syndrome" 7" 1987, but maybe it is just a tape or something? the mp3s sound like a tape rip. Do you know it?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I also have the Riermaier book, though i rarely use it really to find any new bands. There’s just a too big difference in tast betweem me and most of the writers.

The review to KPP is quite positive.It’s only about the debut, which is described as kind of a party hardrock album with many simple, but effective sing-along-tracks (“...if you speak Russian”). The title means something like “No Boundaries” and on the back cover is the motive of the album: “Beer, Sex and Rock’n’Roll”.The first part of the article is entirely about the cover, so you didn’t miss out on any specific infos about the band or the album. No words about the second album, he probably didn’t have it.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

thanks, I printed your comments and the album title and put it in with the record, so when I find it again I'll remember what it is!

I almost never use these books either, since they are in German, but at the time I got them they were pretty helpful since it was much harder to find into about this stuff then.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I also have the Riermaier book, though i rarely use it really to find any new bands. There’s just a too big difference in tast betweem me and most of the writers.

The review to KPP is quite positive.It’s only about the debut, which is described as kind of a party hardrock album with many simple, but effective sing-along-tracks (“...if you speak Russian”). The title means something like “No Boundaries” and on the back cover is the motive of the album: “Beer, Sex and Rock’n’Roll”.The first part of the article is entirely about the cover, so you didn’t miss out on any specific infos about the band or the album. No words about the second album, he probably didn’t have it.
KPP from Ukraine first album Mechanizm is from 1989.One of the classic bands from USSR i think it is better than most Russian Lps presented there.

The track Patriotizm is one of the best tracks of Eastern Europe.Speed Metal.

There are many other Ukrainian bands worthing too. 8)
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

are these tape and cd only though?
Vaggelis wrote:[

KPP from Ukraine first album Mechanizm is from 1989.One of the classic bands from USSR i think it is better than most Russian Lps presented there.

Keir

Post by Keir »

zeuhl wrote:How's that Galaktika 7" compared to the album? Seen it for sale many times, but never picked it up for some reason. The LP has one of the best CCCP metal songs on it!
I quite like the LP, but the 7" is pretty crappy IMO.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

doomedplanet wrote:are these tape and cd only though?
Vaggelis wrote:[

Hmm i don't really know but since it has cover seems it was released as vinyl or official tape.Anyway for me is the second best Ukrainian band and more people should listen their songs and then listen other mentioned above.I can't understand why call them R'N'R in above posts.It is as heavy as it can be a band.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I'm not really interested in guesses.

Have you heard the album we are discussing? it is party rock 'n Roll metal, just look at the cover art "concepts", guess they changed their style, very typical of bands of course.
Vaggelis wrote:
Hmm i don't really know but since it has cover seems it was released as vinyl or official tape.Anyway for me is the second best Ukrainian band and more people should listen their songs and then listen other mentioned above.I can't understand why call them R'N'R in above posts.It is as heavy as it can be a band.