Russian Vinyl Collectors

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

LethylSteel wrote:
lunaboy wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:http://www.ebay.de/itm/260891278915?ssP ... 1438.l2649

Here's another russian (armenian) record from that list. Not even the Eastern Europe Heavy Metal book features them, neither I've seen a copy earlier. Does anyone know if it's that extremely rare??? How much were made and what happened with those copies? :o
Check Out this Topic
Thanx, but why this record is that unknown? Didn't Melodija press at least 2000 copies of each album as I read somewhere? Where are these copies?
However the record is mine now, but still I'm eager to know the mysterious background of this LP ... I don't know anyone who has ever seen a copy! :(
Well.I do not know how to explain it in a short.I mean back in USSR/CCCP (1987/1989) times there were 15 so called "Republics".And they back in Gorbachev Perestoyka times had a bit of freedom,so these records were presed for local public I suppose.I mean KATEDRA from Lithuania pressed 8000 LPs 9For local public) because they sang in Lithuanian and no one cared about this band outside Lithuania.I think,that the rest or these "republics" had the same thing.Local music for Local Fans(In native language) pressed in lesser quantities.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

lunaboy wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:
lunaboy wrote:
Check Out this Topic
Thanx, but why this record is that unknown? Didn't Melodija press at least 2000 copies of each album as I read somewhere? Where are these copies?
However the record is mine now, but still I'm eager to know the mysterious background of this LP ... I don't know anyone who has ever seen a copy! :(
Well.I do not know how to explain it in a short.I mean back in USSR/CCCP (1987/1989) times there were 15 so called "Republics".And they back in Gorbachev Perestoyka times had a bit of freedom,so these records were presed for local public I suppose.I mean KATEDRA from Lithuania pressed 8000 LPs 9For local public) because they sang in Lithuanian and no one cared about this band outside Lithuania.I think,that the rest or these "republics" had the same thing.Local music for Local Fans(In native language) pressed in lesser quantities.
You could be right, the Katedra debut on Melodija too is just another example. It almost never turns up. Everyone in Armenia must keep his Asparez LP like a little treasure in other words. :wink:
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

doomedplanet wrote:Image

anyone know other releases on the Russian Final Holocaust?

Great Sorrow "Maze of Doom" is FH-007

Corpse (Rus) - Remembrance of Cold Embodiments single is FH-007 according to M-A
according to M-A NecroK.I.L.L.Dozer - Misunderstood is also on this label and is a Ep,, a 7" or 12"?
supposedly this is their discog:
1990 Pungent Stench For God Your Soul... For Me Your Flesh FH-02
1991 Autopsy Mental Funeral FH 001
1993 Benediction Subconscious Terror FH 003
1993 NecroK.I.L.L.Dozer Misunderstood FH 004
1993 Corpse Remembrance of Cold Embodiments FH 004
1993 My Dying Bride Turn Loose the Swans FH 006
1993 Great Sorrow Maze of Doom FH 007
edit: necrokilldozer is on 7". i have this for trade!
DaN
Administructor

Re: Russian Vinyl Collectors

Post by DaN »

This one was a pretty large gaping hole in the Russian rare reviews-section, so:

When doing some research on the album I noticed there are a lot of different mixes and remasters floating around, some quite bad, so I made my own vinyl rip if someone have been missing the original version:
Exclusive content for logged in users.

On the subject of Russian top rari's, I also added a paragraph in the old Magnit-review about Image
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

Speaking of Magnit, I've heard there is a demo from 1984 recorded under the old name Fantazia.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:55 pm Speaking of Magnit, I've heard there is a demo from 1984 recorded under the old name Fantazia.
News to me! Was it something that was featured on that ancient website with all those mp3s and vids of all bands the members were involved with? Ring a bell?

Edit: Yeah, I noticed I had some recordings which I think could be these:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
WARNING: Not The Steel of True.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:25 pm Image
Very cool cover art. :shock: Must've taken ages to do.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
mordred

Post by mordred »

”The big 5” are Aspid, Varvar, Asparez, Novoje Vremja and ... ?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 pm...taken ages to do.
This aspect never struck me before but you're right. Maybe one of the reasons I've felt so mesmerized by it?
mordred wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:32 am ”The big 5” are Aspid, Varvar, Asparez, Novoje Vremja and ... ?
...rainbow Magnit - which is technically the most rare but also the least known and (I think) sougth after.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:20 am
bigfootkit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 pm...taken ages to do.
This aspect never struck me before but you're right. Maybe one of the reasons I've felt so mesmerized by it?
It's one thing to get all the angles of all those tiny buildings right, but the artist has added drop shadows to each individual one, adding a whole other level of depth & complication that could have easily ruined the whole thing if even slightly mishandled. Very impressive draughtsmanship in the first place, but then handled with real skill, flair & no small amount of imagination & subtlety to boot.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Well timed thread bump.... :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

wicked keeper wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:53 am Well timed thread bump.... :lol:
Now I had to doublecheck which records I have from Ukraine: Thrashmachine and KPP :(

...which leave an opening for some VERY inapropriate jokes, but I'll restrain myself.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I've finally had a chance to compare the Aspid rip to what I had, cheers for this. My old version was really muddy. How should a thrash album sound? This is a textbook example.

I'll leave off comments about current politics of course ....
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Anyone know this russian 7" ???? This one not even featured on DaN's East Block article ;)

https://www.discogs.com/release/9380292 ... 0%B8%D0%BD

Two songs he recorded with band Стайер ( Stayer)

songs : "Urahan" and "Pomni kto ty" on this Melodya 7" under Анатолий Алешин name ( Not Стайер )
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Can only repeat what I wrote in my pm, this is a really cool find! Ordered & on its way 8)
Just curious: How does one discover something like this? There is absolutely zero (0) chance that anyone would have taken this one for a HM release merely by looking at the sleeve or the artist name. The name Stayer was familiar though - probably has their tape-album collecing digital dust in some old metalrus-downloads folder...