Metal Labels Index 4.0

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote:Liege Lord and other stuff updated.

@tbieri: If you have JP's "License To Kill" already scanned, just post it.
Weird thing about the Hans Naughty shape. The serial doesn't really match the year of release. Can you see what the matrix etching says?
No indication is etched ! Only Band, Title and "DT DID IT" !
Label says 1988 !
Flyer says C&P 1987 Naughty Noize Copyright 1988 Iron Works Records
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

The MADMAX - Madness Reign - Shape alsa has the Iron Works Logo on the Label, but the etched Matrix is WMC 001 ???
No idea for the year ! Eventually Keir has another shape from this with more indications ?

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:DaN, I just noticed that you decided to tackle the Dave Richards vinyl chaos discography. I will look through my collection but I cannot do it now due to some home construction and it will be a real pain for me to do this and deal with other headaches, so I have to wait. Looks like you have a lot of help in the meantime.

concerning Liege Lord Demo-tracks 12", I ripped my test pressing of this and put it on thrashmageddon, you should listen to it, it does sound different than the lp versions and is a different recording. I tried to license it from the band but they had zero interest.
No hurry, man. You'll be able to build a whole new house before this list is anywhere near completion.

I'd definitely like to check out that LL demo 12". Don't suppose you (or anyone else?) have a thrashmageddon invite to spare?

@tbieri:
Cheers for the scans. Funny, I actually have a different version of that MADMAX shape, "Louisiana"-shaped and #ed to 25 copies. Anyone wanna take this piece of crap off my hands?

Just a thought: if that "License To Kill" album is missing a track, then technically it can't really be a 'test pressing' of "Ample Destruction", can it?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: I'd definitely like to check out that LL demo 12". Don't suppose you (or anyone else?) have a thrashmageddon invite to spare?
ž

pm sent.
I am ... the One you warned me of
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Additional Info concernign JAG PANZER - LICENCE TO KILL
The Song "Cardiac Arrest" is called "Break Ya" on this one !
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Yeah you're right forgot about that :P
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Keir

Post by Keir »

tbieri wrote:The MADMAX - Madness Reign - Shape alsa has the Iron Works Logo on the Label, but the etched Matrix is WMC 001 ???
No idea for the year ! Eventually Keir has another shape from this with more indications ?
I was looking for that one when I dug out the rest, but couldn't find it so I probably got rid of it. I'm pretty sure mine was identical to yours anyway.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avanzada Metálica and Pure Metal added. I could use some help with the AM discog if anyone feels up to it.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:Avanzada Metálica and Pure Metal added. I could use some help with the AM discog if anyone feels up to it.
Sweet.

These are two that I never expected.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

ACTIVE RECORDS
Missing :
TOUR DE FORCE - Same 1993 CD ATV 27
Don't know if it was released as LP, probably not.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

E-X-E - Stricken By Might was never officially released on CD format under the Axis sub-label. All versions are bootlegs. I'm absolutely certain about this. There is a very common Greek boot that is in circulation.

tbieri wrote:ACTIVE RECORDS
Missing :
TOUR DE FORCE - Same 1993 CD ATV 27
Don't know if it was released as LP, probably not.
I still think that:

Apocrypha - Area 54 (1990)

should be added to the Shrapnel discography as well

:(

And finally great job on the Active Records discography Dan.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Just had a look at my copy of Z "La Noche Que Hicimos El Pacto" and the matrix code is AM 006

also took a look at Transmetal "Muerte En La Cruz", which is also AM 006. Ironically right on the groove next to AM 006 is scratched out AM 007, haha.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Some additions I just saw when cruising through the labels: the FIST-Back with a vengeance LP NEAT 1003 is also existing in GREEN and GREEN-MARBLED vinyl If this is interesting for the index.
For MEGATON: The Emerald "Downtown" Lp is also available with a red sleeve instead of a black one which is very rare. Maybe a initial pressing or a later repress.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:I still think that:

Apocrypha - Area 54 (1990)

should be added to the Shrapnel discography as well

:(
I was afraid I'd get superaids if I delved too deep into the guitar wanker hell of the later Shrapnel output. I figured a clever, consistant way of ending the list was with their last vinyl release (which I THINK was the Michael Lee Firkins LP - corrections welcomed), but maybe "the last REAL Metal album" would also work, if that indeed was "Area 54"?

All other updates fixed. Cheers all!

Peter: Do you know for a fact that the red version of Emerald was on Megaton?

Some other Qs:

Who knows more about OMICRON - "It's For You" CD on Iron Works? No relation to the other 2 Omicrons on Metal Archives I'm sure. Supped to be "heavy power metal guitars and somewhat unusual songs" according to an old Rare Ass-catalog. I need year of release, serial and a picture.

Also, does anyone know of any other Conquest Records (UK) releases other than ORAL, EXCALIBUR and THE BLOOD?
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Hi Dan,

yes had it several times already in my hands. It is on Megaton. It is not ultrarare, the next I find I will send you pics or ask a friend who has it, in moment I myself have only the black one in collection
Peter