LIVE & OTHERWISE BLOG

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

LIVE & OTHERWISE BLOG

Post by bigfootkit »

If you haven't already checked us, (or even if you have), i'd just like to recommend our blog to you all.
It's not all Metal all the time, but we cover vintage NWOBHM, Hard Rock & Heavy Metal, with fresh updates at least once a week.

Drop on by:

http://liveandotherwise.blogspot.com/
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Best blog there is. So good in fact, that a rather large part of my present taste in music can be traced back to this blog. For this, I owe you eternal gratitude.

My wallet, on the other hand does not. :D
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote:Best blog there is. So good in fact, that a rather large part of my present taste in music can be traced back to this blog. For this, I owe you eternal gratitude.

My wallet, on the other hand does not. :D
Thanks very much for the kind words Khnud, glad you enjoy the work we put in over at NILOOB, it's nice to know it's appreciated my friend.
Oh, and my sincerest apoligies to your wallet.
Mine's fallen out with me too.
:wink:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Latest updates should be of interest to many here:

http://liveandotherwise.blogspot.com/

latest post:

Glory Bells - Century Rendezvous
Victim - Power Hungry
Mox Nix - All Access Demo
Airborne - In United Kingdom EP
Apocalypse - Demo
Overkill (UK) - Elemental 7"
Challenger - So Sure Of Yourself 7"

previous post:

Glory Bells Band - Dressed In Black
Keel - Lay Down The Law
Rapid Tears - Cry For Mercy EP
Slayer (UK) - I Want Your Life EP
Warrior - Breakout EP
Predatur - Take A Walk 7"
Cynic - Suicide 7"

Enjoy.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

mine is better :evil:

Nice blog!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

metalmaster wrote:mine is better :evil:

Nice blog!
Lol.
I agree, but thank you.
:twisted:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'd like to extend a formal apology on behalf of the people of Sweden for the awful vocals of Göran Nord (GLORY BELLS) and his ruining of what could at least have been a half-decent Hard Rock band :oops:

Still, if anyone need a rip of that impossibly rare debut 7", I'm ready to serve..
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote:I'd like to extend a formal apology on behalf of the people of Sweden for the awful vocals of Göran Nord (GLORY BELLS) and his ruining of what could at least have been a half-decent Hard Rock band :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, i don't think he's too bad, i've heard much much worse.
Especially on some of the small press NWOBHM 45s by some of my fellow countrymen. There were many great records blighted by terrible "singers".
I always think if there's a quality song underneath it'll still shine through.
If the offer to post the 7" still stands, i for one would love to hear it.
splat66

Post by splat66 »

bigfootkit wrote:
DaN wrote:I'd like to extend a formal apology on behalf of the people of Sweden for the awful vocals of Göran Nord (GLORY BELLS) and his ruining of what could at least have been a half-decent Hard Rock band :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, i don't think he's too bad, i've heard much much worse.
Especially on some of the small press NWOBHM 45s by some of my fellow countrymen. There were many great records blighted by terrible "singers".
I always think if there's a quality song underneath it'll still shine through.
If the offer to post the 7" still stands, i for one would love to hear it.
Hey Kit, it's Patrick Stevens here, I'm the one who left you info in your comments regarding Goran Nord and Goran Edman. Anyway I love your blog! I too would love to hear that 7". I also agree with you about Nord's vocals. Yeah he was 'different' alright, but sometimes that actually makes a band more endearing - especially underground and obscure bands (Trance and Vandale both come to mind).

And R.I.P. Goran Nord who died earlier this year.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Hi Patrick, i meant to thank you for clarifying things with the info regarding Glory Bells. I confess i cribbed the bio i posted for that album from rockdetector, (i think) and didn't double check the facts as i usually try to do where possible.
Sorry to hear too of Goran Nord's premature death.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute to the blog via the comments section, the more interactive it becomes, the more inspired i stay to keep it going.
Was it you who had the "Patrick's Musical Thoughts" blog?
:?:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

New Post tonight:

VARIOUS - Metal Plated (1983) (Ebony Records)
GODDO - Who Cares (1978)
BATTLEAXE - BBC Session (1983)
EXPOZER - Exposed At Last EP (1980)
DAGABAND - Test Flight 7" (1980)
HORSEPOWER - Outrageous 7" (1979)
DED ENGINE - Two Bad 7" (1983)

Enjoy!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Awesome blog to be sure. This blog is ther site that convinced me it was time to figure out how to d/l music :lol: I've heard tons of cool stuff through this blog, and my wallet has also paid the price fromo time to time :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote:Awesome blog to be sure. This blog is ther site that convinced me it was time to figure out how to d/l music :lol: I've heard tons of cool stuff through this blog, and my wallet has also paid the price fromo time to time :)
Nightsblood, thanks for the kind words & your continued assistance @ the blog, my sincere apoligies to your bank manager for putting financial temptation in your way.
:mrgreen:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

No worries 'kit. Let's see, to date I've tracked down the following after hearing 'em through your blog:
Drunk Horse
Rat Attack
Graven Image (the reissue of course)
Mox Nix
Manimals (won a copy last week, hopefully it'll arrive and be as advertised)
Xcursion
Baseline
Jonas Grumby
Lezlie Paice
probably a few others i'm forgetting. The want list has also ballooned (just missed a copy of the Impeccable LP today, and just missed the china Doll 7" a few months ago). May have to add that Victim LP to the List too.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Jeez, you've been a busy boy Nightsblood!
It's really gratifying to find that people are enjoying the stuff we post so much that they're going out & buying the originals. This seems to fly in the face of the view that the record companies perpetuate, that people who download music don't buy music. As i suspected, much like their "Home Taping Is Killing Music" campaign of the '80's, the record industry is, once again, full of shit.
Especially pleased that the Drunk Horse stuff i posted went down so well with you & other visitors, I love that band's music so much that i've become a bit of a zealot and am constantly bugging my friends and aquaintances to listen to them, with a reasonable rate of "conversion" too.
Their bass player is also a member of the more Metallic band Saviours, & i just got a hold of their latest album "Into Abaddon", which is very impressive.
Imagine if you can, a collision of Drunk Horse, Mastodon & Di'Anno era Maiden, i think you'll enjoy it.
Best of luck crossing some of those obscurios off your "wants" list, and i hope you'll continue enjoying what we do at NILOOB.