LIVE & OTHERWISE BLOG

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

New Post : 31/12/2012

VARIOUS : Bonehead Crunchers Volume 1 (1969-1977) Various
GILLAN/DEAN : Rocks On (1984) UK
VARIOUS : One Foot In Fire - A Tribute To Cirith Ungol (2005) Various
ASHHOLLOW : Ashhollow Mini LP (1973) USA
HAMMER WITCH : Return To Salem Mini LP (1987) USA
GENEVA : Two Minutes Thirty 7" (1980) UK
VOLTZ : Rock Stomping Rock'n'Rollers 7" (1982) USA
Last edited by bigfootkit on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Hammer Witch EP is fantastic and a personal favourite of mine. I highly recommend anyone that hasn’t heard this to take the opportunity to do so.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:The Hammer Witch EP is fantastic and a personal favourite of mine. I highly recommend anyone that hasn’t heard this to take the opportunity to do so.
You're clearly a man of impeccable taste Avenger.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

New Post : 19/01/2013

BOW WOW : Signal Fire (1977) Japan
HAMMERHEAD : Will To Survive (1981-1996) UK
SIX TON BUDGIE : Unplucked! (1995) UK
DAMIEN : Damien Mini LP (1984) UK
PAULINE GILLAN's NORTHERN DANCER : Pauline Gillan's Northern Dancer EP (1984) UK
FUZZ : Satan's Fans 7" (1981) France
SILVERTRAIN : Keep The Flame 7" (1981) France
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Well, i just checked the blog and got this message:

:cry:
Looks like NILOOB may well have breathed it's last.
On balance, i suppose we had a good run, but i'm still gutted.
I'll log in later, (can't face it just now), and if it's just a case of removing the links to keep the blog open, i may do that just so the info there is still available to those who are interested in those old bands and their releases.
But it looks very much like there won't be any more music shared there.
Thanks to all of you who made the project so enjoyable & collaborative by contributing information, music, remembrances and encouragement.
Good times.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Darn. Thanks for all the ace files, Bigfeet.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'd like to know who these cunts are that go around reporting those that share download links on blogs for albums that are no longer in print.

I know for example lockjaw shared mostly demos (many of which have never been online before) and his blog got shut down as well. What do these bastards think they are accomplishing?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger, i've long since stopped trying to work out what motivates people to do the things they do online.
I think the anonymity and lack of repercussions give a certain type of person a sense of power that they likely don't have in their day to day lives.
They don't have the skills required to express or create so they take pleasure from spoiling the enjoyment of others.
Some strange defect or quirk of human nature i suppose.
The Germans have a word for it:
Schadenfreude : (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
This word is used as a loanword from German, and is also borrowed in some other languages.
It has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd, in Swedish as skadeglädje, in Finnish as vahingonilo, and in Russian and Bulgarian as 'злорадство' (zlo'radstvo).

You then also have the US and other governments and their agencies overzealously trying to protect the interests of a music business which is a long time dead.
Never mind the fact that there are a lot of responsible bloggers who only post long out of print or live music, often with the performers consent or approval, who get closed down regardless of the facts.
I have posted music that is still in print in the past, either through being sloppy when checking my facts, or occassionally knowing full well because i've been so enthusiastic about a particular record.
On those occasions i've ripped at a lower bitrate to encourage a legitimate purchase.
The facts don't come into it however, let's throw the baby out with the bath water.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I've now been able to edit my blog posts to remove all the working links and appealed against the blog being locked, so if i get a fair hearing from Blogger, NILOOB may still continue to exist, but only as an information resource for folks interested about those old bands and the music they made.
It's unlikely updates will be made and there won't be any new music posted, unless there is some kind of radical change in the way the internet is being policed.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

A lot of blogs have been shut down recently. My guess is, since many other bloggers have no problems uploading albums that are still in print, record companies have made it their mission to try and shut down all music related blogs with download links, simply because it's too much trouble to check whether the albums listed are in print or not.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

This fucking sucks. Sorry to see all your work trashed just like that because of those assholes from the multinational record companies. People need to realize that this kind of stuff is what happens if you give them too much power. They're gonna fuck over the underground and independent projects (and I mean really independent, not those "indie" labels and bands that work for the big guys), like they've always done.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino, to be honest, i'm surprised that it took this long to happen.
I've been beavering away at the blog since late 2005 or early 2006, and have seen many other blogs come and go in that time.
The powers-that-be really seem to have stepped up their efforts to shut sites like mine over the last 12 months, so it was probably inevitable that the blog would be targeted.
The landscape has changed greatly since the blog started, so i'm trying to be philosophical and focus on how fortunate i was to have been active for so long, and to have encountered so many good people along the way.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I, for one, have discovered TONS of great music through your blog. Thank you.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Sad news !
A huge to you bigfoot for all the great bands I've discovered thanks to your blog !
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Your blog will be missed, my friend. At least keep in mind that there were many people that liked what you did. Thank you.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail