LIVE & OTHERWISE BLOG

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Some things merit lurkers speaking up for a moment....

Very sorry to see that your blog has come to an end. As you said, given the increased rate of blog targeting in the past year, it's not surprising this occurred :( You ran a wonderful site my friend; I always found more and better information on your site than any other blog out there. I honestly had never fiddled with d/ling music AT ALL prior to finding your site; it was the incredible trove of great, long out-of-print music and info on NILOB that convinced me to figure out the whole mp3 thing :)

To one of 'The Good Ones', cheers & best wishes in your future endeavors.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thank you all for the kind words regarding the blog, it's very much appreciated, and i'm pleased you all enjoyed what i and the other contributors did there.
You never know, if the spirit moves me and the prevailing climate changes, there may yet be more to come, likely in some other shape or form, but for now i'm gonna have a break and go toast my arse by the fire.
:mrgreen:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I just noticed the blog was gone. :cry:

Thanks for all the pleasures brought through the years!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

GJ wrote:I just noticed the blog was gone. :cry:

Thanks for all the pleasures brought through the years!
Thanks GJ, i very much appreciate the kind words about the blog.
For most of the time it was a genuine pleasure to do.
I may yet re-enter that world in some shape or form eventually, i'm waiting to see which way the wind blows regarding the plausability and sustainability of music-sharing online in these post-Megaupload times.
I did manage to rescue most of the exhaustively researched writings i'd done for the blog down the years, so i'm considering possibly writing a book concerning the NWoBHM.
There's no way it could compete with the MacMillan book as a reference, so i'm thinking of making it a bit different in style, combining personal recollections and anecdotes with the reference work and attempting to put it all into some kind of historical socio-political context.
Phew.
Sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it?
That's the tentative idea at any rate.
I don't even know if there's a need or market for such a thing, but i do want to do something constructive with all that work.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I'd like to pre-order one copy. :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Just refrain from using the word "hopefuls", that way you'll never risk being accused of copying Mr. Macmillan. :)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote:Just refrain from using the word "hopefuls", that way you'll never risk being accused of copying Mr. Macmillan. :)
Well, that gonna be a tricky thing to do.
:lol:
Obviously i'm gonna rewrite and update most of the biographical band details, and although i've never read Malc McMillan's book, i'm sure much of his research has now trickled down to most internet sources.
In short it's gonna be hard not to end up appropriating facts that he discovered in any new work on the same topic.
So i thought i'd better get the first accusation of plagiarism in now, before i've written a single word.
"This (currently non-existent) book is nothing but a blatant rip-awf off Malc McMillan's far superior tome".
:lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I was just able to access the old New Improved Live & Otherwise Blog for the 1st time in about a year.
What i don't know is wether i'm automatically logged in as an author or wether everyone can now access the page again.
Could someone give it a try and see if they can get the page up and let me know?
Thanks.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have access to the blog too.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Yep, you're visible again.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

triple check! positive.
I am ... the One you warned me of
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Glad you're finally back !!! :)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks for the confirmation folks.
Wonder how that happened?!
I'd appealed against the suspension & removed all the working d/l links, but that was a year ago, i didn't think it would be back after all that time.
Weird.
But nice.
I just posted a varied mix of download links over in the comments section at the blog, so feel free to grab yourself a little something & it'll also give me an opportunity to see how vigilant blogger is being about link posting.
Enjoy.
:wink:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

bigfootkit wrote:I just posted a varied mix of download links over in the comments section at the blog, so feel free to grab yourself a little something & it'll also give me an opportunity to see how vigilant blogger is being about link posting.
Thangyew!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Added yet more links to the comments section of the blog last night, fill yer boots boys & girls.
:wink: