Comments on rarity-gradings, inserts, editions etc on the reviews go here.

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
humus

Re: Comments on rarity-gradings, inserts, editions etc on the reviews go here.

Post by humus »

Don't want to be 'that guy', but Moshlim should not have the same amount of shovels as the Executioner 7". Moshlim deserves a downgrade and Executioner an upgrade, in my huble (and unwanted) opinion :wink:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:01 am Don't want to be 'that guy', but Moshlim should not have the same amount of shovels as the Executioner 7". Moshlim deserves a downgrade and Executioner an upgrade, in my huble (and unwanted) opinion :wink:
Opinions - humble or not - is exacly what this thread is about :)
...but are you sure you're not confusing shovels with swords? Or maybe the Executioner 7" should have a top 6s rating?

Who seconds this motion?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Basically, most of the reviews need a new rarity grading, since when most of these old reviews was written, the records was maybe rare as fuck, but in the meanwhile many of those bands/records was re-found and they are "quite easy to get" (well some might have a certain price level) but price and grade of rarity isn't the same at all.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:22 am Basically, most of the reviews need a new rarity grading, since when most of these old reviews was written, the records was maybe rare as fuck, but in the meanwhile many of those bands/records was re-found and they are "quite easy to get" (well some might have a certain price level) but price and grade of rarity isn't the same at all.
Exactly. All 1, 2, 5 and 6 ratings have now been revised. The 3's and 4's I've only taken a quick glance on - there's so bloody many of them and I guess that distinction is less important..
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:26 pm
humus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:01 am Don't want to be 'that guy', but Moshlim should not have the same amount of shovels as the Executioner 7". Moshlim deserves a downgrade and Executioner an upgrade, in my huble (and unwanted) opinion :wink:
Opinions - humble or not - is exacly what this thread is about :)
...but are you sure you're not confusing shovels with swords? Or maybe the Executioner 7" should have a top 6s rating?

Who seconds this motion?
Talking about the rarity mainly. Jan Svanhill has had the Moshlim in his list for years. More locally, you can still find some deadstock copies from time to time (though not at a super duper aldi preise...).
Executioner on the other hand, you almost never see that one.

Speaking musically, Executioner is so-so and Moshlim is a no-go.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Guys, I don't want to be "that guy" but I have a well sorted Thrash/Death Metal vinyl collection, and I practically have "almost" everything that's connected with Thrash, but the Moshlim vinyl I've never ever heard about, nor I've seen any copy for sale in all the past years I do collect Metal vinyls, and I started with the crap in 1990 ... it's not even mentioned in books written by collectors.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

humus wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:55 amTalking about the rarity mainly. Jan Svanhill has had the Moshlim in his list for years.
It is still on his list, no wonder, for 250 €.
Prowler wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm Guys, I don't want to be "that guy" but I have a well sorted Thrash/Death Metal vinyl collection, and I practically have "almost" everything that's connected with Thrash, but the Moshlim vinyl I've never ever heard about, nor I've seen any copy for sale in all the past years I do collect Metal vinyls, and I started with the crap in 1990.
Could you expand on that a bit? Does it mean you listened to crappy Thrash/Death or to other subgenres?
I am ... the One you warned me of
humus

Post by humus »

Prowler wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm Guys, I don't want to be "that guy" but I have a well sorted Thrash/Death Metal vinyl collection, and I practically have "almost" everything that's connected with Thrash, but the Moshlim vinyl I've never ever heard about, nor I've seen any copy for sale in all the past years I do collect Metal vinyls, and I started with the crap in 1990 ... it's not even mentioned in books written by collectors.
Moshlim is more crossover than pure thrash. But they were more connected to, and played most of their gigs within, the metal scene, hence most people in Belgium would list them with the metalbands I guess.
You have that sort of ambivalent bands in any country. Do you list DRI amongst metalbands? Ratos de parao? Etc.