DETEST - "Thundersteel" MLP 1990

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

What an odd looking cover. I dont know if its shitty or really good in a strange way.
I really would like to take a listen to it! Ace review as ever by the way.
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

So finally it is here! Thanks! Now we know what's behinf this strange avatar you had some time before.

Another review from Mr DaN that makes me very curious about an album !
Gott ist tot.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've been in contact with Micke from DETEST now, and he wasn't too keen on unleashing more free mp3s on the web at the moment, which is quite understandable. He did however have another suggestion on how to distribute the legacy of DETEST to interested parties, but I don't wanna go into details since nothing have been discussed yet.
Immerstahl

Post by Immerstahl »

I'm looking forward to hear the demo tracks.... CDR anyone?
Charge of the night brigade!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:He did however have another suggestion on how to distribute the legacy of DETEST to interested parties, but I don't wanna go into details since nothing have been discussed yet.
And the verdict is?...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DMR

Post by DMR »

They have a Myspace page where you can hear some demo songs. I don't know if this is an official site or not.

http://www.myspace.com/detestofsweden
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks! Sounds grand so far.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This band is very interesting and unique.

I wish I could hear more.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The MySpace-page is official and made by the vocalist Micke Därth. He mailed me the address months ago but of course I forgot to mention it here :roll:

All those demo tracks are great, but "Thundersteel" is still their standout masterpiece.
Immerstahl

Post by Immerstahl »

Armageddon... what an fucking anthem! I love it!

For the master of hell and his will....
Charge of the night brigade!
jman

Post by jman »

The song "Chains of Hell" is a stone cold killer. The official myspace has a more detailed discography than the myspace:
http://hem.bredband.net/detest/detest.html
Anyone have these demos?
Strappado

Post by Strappado »

It's truly an amazing EP but the earlier demo recordings are way better.
Btw just came over a copy in great condition, according to the seller he had only played it one or two times.

Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

I awaited anxiously to hear that DETEST EP but i was fully dissappointed.
Two tracks trying to sound like epic MANOWAR of ''Into Glory Ride'' or ''Kings Of Metal'' era.OK these two tracks good for some hearings but nothing more.The others can hardly be heared.
There are many Swedish bands that ruled back in 80's nothing to be compared with DETEST.

Maybe i'm not really fan of this genre but think MANOWAR and DOOMSWORD made it many times better.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Vaggelis wrote:I awaited anxiously to hear that DETEST EP but i was fully dissappointed.
Two tracks trying to sound like epic MANOWAR of ''Into Glory Ride'' or ''Kings Of Metal'' era.OK these two tracks good for some hearings but nothing more.The others can hardly be heared.
There are many Swedish bands that ruled back in 80's nothing to be compared with DETEST.

Maybe i'm not really fan of this genre but think MANOWAR and DOOMSWORD made it many times better.
Detest play Power/Thrash and Manowar are just plain Traditional Heavy Metal. I don't see how they sound anything alike...

Perhaps I'm bias because I find Manowar extremely over-rated, (that's not to say that I find them bad but no better then decent) but I'm getting tired of every time a band has a song that’s "epic" everyone claims them to be Manowar clones. There's been countless of bands before Manowar that sounded "epic" and some would even argue that it's a sub-genre, (musik sammler for example) so no, "Epic Metal" isn't just Manowar especially when the two bands play in completely different styles.
lions roar

Post by lions roar »

Very neat ep , liked side a ,and mostley (Thrash rarities are always cool) "Cold Steel Tears Your Flesh " ... man ...reminds me a little of metal church, is there any other songs like this on the demo's if anyone heard ?