(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Ripper

Re: (Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Post by The Ripper »

Dan, out of curiosity does the infamous Heavy Sounds record shop still exist? I recall shopping some wonderful rarities there in late '90's...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ripper wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:00 pm Dan, out of curiosity does the infamous Heavy Sounds record shop still exist? I recall shopping some wonderful rarities there in late '90's...
Long gone. A certain Mr Arc ransacked their last gems decades ago :(
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Just wondering...been thinking to visit the Solna record fair for a few years now, but the thing that holds me back is...do i need Swedish krona or can i pay with euro aswell? And paying with euro would mean, it's more expensive then? Thanks for the help guys!
ARC

Post by ARC »

DaN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:05 pm
The Ripper wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:00 pm Dan, out of curiosity does the infamous Heavy Sounds record shop still exist? I recall shopping some wonderful rarities there in late '90's...
Long gone. A certain Mr Arc ransacked their last gems decades ago :(
Guilty, sorry!
humus

Post by humus »

Khnud wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:09 pm
DaN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:00 pm
humus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:52 pmIt's been what, 10 years at least? A drunken version of myself at Keep it true no doubt...
Sounds about right :lol:
There's a photo from KIT 2019 which I'm pretty sure contains the both of you. Courtesy of msp.
Must be someone else from the forum, last time I was at KIT was probably 2013 if I look at the line-ups. Did do quite a bit of the editions between 2006 and 2013 though.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Zanker wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:53 pm Just wondering...been thinking to visit the Solna record fair for a few years now, but the thing that holds me back is...do i need Swedish krona or can i pay with euro aswell? And paying with euro would mean, it's more expensive then? Thanks for the help guys!
Some sellers will accept euros, but you’ll need Swedish currency if you want to be able to buy from everyone.

You can get SEK in any ATM so I don’t see how this should be a problem?

Generally, your card is your friend in Sweden. You will find many restaurants and some stores that won’t accept cash. Cash is still good at a record fair, even if fewer and fewer Swedes use it. I haven’t brought cash to a record fair in many years myself.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Zanker wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:53 pm Just wondering...been thinking to visit the Solna record fair for a few years now, but the thing that holds me back is...do i need Swedish krona or can i pay with euro aswell? And paying with euro would mean, it's more expensive then? Thanks for the help guys!
What mordred said.
I do want to point out it really IS a great fair for Metal, as a large proportion of the sellers carry at least some HM vinyl, in turn because HM collecting is still quite big in Sweden. Plus if you book an extra day in Stockholm there's also several good stores to check out.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

I may open an obvious door for all swedish people around, but as a french guy visiting scandinavia 3 years ago, I remember having spent some truly enjoyable hours at Trash Palace!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

mordred wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:37 am
Some sellers will accept euros, but you’ll need Swedish currency if you want to be able to buy from everyone.

Generally, your card is your friend in Sweden. You will find many restaurants and some stores that won’t accept cash. Cash is still good at a record fair, even if fewer and fewer Swedes use it. I haven’t brought cash to a record fair in many years myself.
Thank you so much for the info!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

DaN wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 am
What mordred said.
I do want to point out it really IS a great fair for Metal, as a large proportion of the sellers carry at least some HM vinyl, in turn because HM collecting is still quite big in Sweden. Plus if you book an extra day in Stockholm there's also several good stores to check out.
A few years ago i was in Stockholm and booked my return flight on wednesday just to find out the Solna fair was the next saturday :( I've should have planned it better. Visited a lot of shops in Stockholm for sure. As we like Scandinavia, we'll be back for sure BUT with the Solna fair INCLUDED this time.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I haven’t brought cash to a record fair in many years myself.
Just to be 100% clear - and this is important: As a foreigner you WILL need cash for a record fair, as the majority of sellers might not have a card reader. Our point is that most domestic buyers use a Swedish payment app (Swish) to pay, something foreigners won't have access to.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

DaN wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:22 pm
I haven’t brought cash to a record fair in many years myself.
Just to be 100% clear - and this is important: As a foreigner you WILL need cash for a record fair, as the majority of sellers might not have a card reader. Our point is that most domestic buyers use a Swedish payment app (Swish) to pay, something foreigners won't have access to.
This is indeed some crucial info! Thanks Dan!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

mordred wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:37 am
Zanker wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Not a problem, Just don't know how much to withdraw ...or i have not enough money for the fair or i have way too much SEK i can't do anything again with (ok, you can exchange it again).
humus

Post by humus »

I don't see a problem with too much SEKs

Pun best appreciated by Dutch-speaking readers
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

👏